over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TrueProtein question about Gemma Protein Pea Isolate

SL1CED

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Is this a solid source of protein? By solid I mean close or at the caliber of whey, egg, casein?

Looking to make an affordable mixture for myself. I could get it at about 40-50% Gemma, and then add in casein, whey, egg whites for the remaining 50-60% I'm good to go.

Also, what flavor do you guys recommend? I read a lot of about choco coconut via search, but what would you say to a guy that has like Chocolate Myofusion as that's the only protein I've tried and actually liked. Plus, I like their Banana sample I had. I do like banana and chocolate generally.

Thinking about going 2lbs Choco Bana, 2lbs Banana Bash or Cream??, 2lbs Chocolate fudge

And what's the difference of NATURAL Premium and Premium flavor?

Last edited:
It tried it a few years ago. It was a waste in that it ran right through me. I when I say ran, I mean ran.

It is suppose to be close to whey but with a slightly less balanced profile. If I rememeber correctly it is 90% as good as whey I read and has higher glutamine.

I mixed it 33/33/34 with whey conc/ beef iso and pea iso in cookies and cream and I really liked it. One of my favorite proteins I have had. It has a slight nutty flavor that took a day or two to get use to so I would mix it with something like whey conc if you are trying to keep price down.

Also natural is probably sweetened with stevia

It tried it a few years ago. It was a waste in that it ran right through me. I when I say ran, I mean ran.

Damn. What other type of proteins do you have trouble with?

It is suppose to be close to whey but with a slightly less balanced profile. If I rememeber correctly it is 90% as good as whey I read and has higher glutamine.

I mixed it 33/33/34 with whey conc/ beef iso and pea iso in cookies and cream and I really liked it. One of my favorite proteins I have had. It has a slight nutty flavor that took a day or two to get use to so I would mix it with something like whey conc if you are trying to keep price down.

Also natural is probably sweetened with stevia

When you mean nutty flavor, do you mean like gamey? Like how some organic meats taste, etc.?

If so, I'm sure flavoring and one-two other proteins can help overcome it.

Damn. What other type of proteins do you have trouble with?

When you mean nutty flavor, do you mean like gamey? Like how some organic meats taste, etc.?

If so, I'm sure flavoring and one-two other proteins can help overcome it.

I never had game meat. I mean sort of like those little pine nut things. In the mix it was fine but you notice it at first

I never had game meat. I mean sort of like those little pine nut things. In the mix it was fine but you notice it at first

Oh, I just meant it as a comparision. Normal meat to organic meat that tastes very gamey(like it tastes real, real pure..almost TOO much) and normal protein to gemma protein. As in it's rather "earthy" tasting.

Hmm nutty? That sounds rather good. I eat a lot of pine nuts on a daily basis. My favorite "snack". Low carbs among nuts too.

Is this a solid source of protein? By solid I mean close or at the caliber of whey, egg, casein?

Yes

Also, what flavor do you guys recommend? I read a lot of about choco coconut via search, but what would you say to a guy that has like Chocolate Myofusion as that's the only protein I've tried and actually liked. Plus, I like their Banana sample I had. I do like banana and chocolate generally.

Thinking about going 2lbs Choco Bana, 2lbs Banana Bash or Cream??, 2lbs Chocolate fudge

I used Gemma in the dutch fudge, it was OK in water... just different than whey. Thicker and much more airy and like said, had nearly a nutty "finish" to it which complimented the chocolate well.
Mixed with actual nuts or nut butter, or ground oats it was better and I'd venture to say it was great in skim milk if you drink any.

A lot of people love the choc+banana but I've never ventured to try it so I can't comment on that with regards to Gemma, not a huge banana flavor guy.

And what's the difference of NATURAL Premium and Premium flavor?

Natural is sweetened with Stevia and the other with Sucralose and Acesulfame K

Yes

I used Gemma in the dutch fudge, it was OK in water... just different than whey. Thicker and much more airy and like said, had nearly a nutty "finish" to it which complimented the chocolate well.
Mixed with actual nuts or nut butter, or ground oats it was better and I'd venture to say it was great in skim milk if you drink any.

A lot of people love the choc+banana but I've never ventured to try it so I can't comment on that with regards to Gemma, not a huge banana flavor guy.

Natural is sweetened with Stevia and the other with Sucralose and Acesulfame K

Thanks man. I'll give it a go. I'm particularly interested as my meal replacement protein. I'll go something like 40% Gemma, 30% Casein, 30% Egg White for 3lbs with Chocolate Banana and 3lbs with Banana Bash or Banana Creme. I'll stick to just WPI as my post-workout source.

This site has so much information and finally no recycled answers like other bodybuilding forums. I cannot wait to hire a trainer.

the premium flavors are great. About to have a chocolate coconut 50% whey cold filt, 50% mic casein shake.

choco banana premium is great as well.

:banghead: It's the only one that had that effect.

Got a real good deal here.

Got 4lbs Choco Bananers and 4lbs Banana N Cream. Both are 50% Miscellar Casein & 50% Egg White Protein.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131