over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

trying 500lb bench today.. EEK!

I'm super disappointed in my self. Not only did I not get it, I didn't even hit my warm up lift of 455. I was so nervous all day the last 5 hours I kept getting feelings like I was off today, I didn't feel strong, no appetite, I forgot my music which really seems to help me a lot. It sucks because I got up 495 last Monday fairly easy so I was so sure I was going to be able to do up until the last 5 hours prior.

It doesn't matter though I'm going to get it, If I was 5lbs within just a week ago I have to go easy on my self and just think I was just really off today. I partied a bit too much this week. UFC was Sat, and I had a friends surprise party. I'm going to stay clean all week and hopefully I can get it next week.

once we all congratulating you ahead o time and you feeling obligued to make the lift, the cascade of stress hormones releaed from thinkin bout it killed your joyful anticipation of it,,,, relax and try again with no pressure next time:)

great work tho, its all about getting excited and bettering yourself!!!

Dave, you got my respect man. I sure as hell can't bench 2x my weight and then some...your strong as hell man...don't sweat it...you get it next time.

I'm super disappointed in my self. Not only did I not get it, I didn't even hit my warm up lift of 455. I was so nervous all day the last 5 hours I kept getting feelings like I was off today, I didn't feel strong, no appetite, I forgot my music which really seems to help me a lot. It sucks because I got up 495 last Monday fairly easy so I was so sure I was going to be able to do up until the last 5 hours prior.

It doesn't matter though I'm going to get it, If I was 5lbs within just a week ago I have to go easy on my self and just think I was just really off today. I partied a bit too much this week. UFC was Sat, and I had a friends surprise party. I'm going to stay clean all week and hopefully I can get it next week.

maxing takes its toll on the body bro. if u maxed last week, thats probably the reason u had a bad week this week. wait a month, go back to regualr training and I am sure u will hit it no problem. all it takes is 1 joint to be not fully recovered or a few fibers to be not 100% and u will be weaker then last week. happens to me. one week I hit a big number then next week down a few reps. then I dont worry about it and 4 weeks later BAM I have increased a rep or two or went up in weight.

maxing takes its toll on the body bro. if u maxed last week, thats probably the reason u had a bad week this week. wait a month, go back to regualr training and I am sure u will hit it no problem. all it takes is 1 joint to be not fully recovered or a few fibers to be not 100% and u will be weaker then last week. happens to me. one week I hit a big number then next week down a few reps. then I dont worry about it and 4 weeks later BAM I have increased a rep or two or went up in weight.

i was going to say the same thing.. if u just did 495 last week.. then wait a few weeks before trying 500. i do understand how the 5lbs makes u wanna just hit 500 and get it over and be proud as hell.

in my book if ya hit 495 u can say u did 500....

You'll get it next time man.. Just out of curiosity.. Powerlifters can chime in here... What is the diet prep before a powerlifting event?? Carb load the night before.. or maybe a certain number of hours prior to event?? How about sleep.. Extra sleep the night before?? Maybe a nap prior to competition..

sometimes its just to heavy on that day. when you get that high in weight moving up 5 pounds is like 40 pounds. i got a 395 bench and it took me a year to get a 400. i'm not telling you what to do but no doubt i would wait a few weeks to try it again. the mind is very powerful, if your negative at all you are doomed trying a max. keep working bro, you will get it. 500 is no joke

maybe back off a bit

next workout do a triple with 400-415 that should shoot your confidence back up. then in a couple weeks you'll slam the 500.

I don't think you will have any problems hammering out the 500 in a few weeks when everything is recovered. Hitting 495 prolly just has some tendons, ligamens sore still is all.

D its been awhile. Keep pushing bro and you'll be there in no time. Just don't get in such a hurry that you aggrevate the injury that you stated even more. We all know how shoulders and things can set ya back and play mind games on ya.
I give ya credit for coming here and saying you failed. Most would just pop up and be like I got that with ease. True character comes from getting back up when ya fall and do what is need to surpass. Good sh*t bro and take care!

Don't worry Dave. It will happen on another day. Sometimes for me, its on those days you least expect it... it just all comes together.

Thanks for the positive support with this guys, I was going to rush in there and try it again next week but I think I'll need to be more patient.

You'll get it next time man.. Just out of curiosity.. Powerlifters can chime in here... What is the diet prep before a powerlifting event?? Carb load the night before.. or maybe a certain number of hours prior to event?? How about sleep.. Extra sleep the night before?? Maybe a nap prior to competition..

depends on your weight class. and who you're talking to. some have to diet just as a bodybuilder to lose 10-30 lbs or whatever they're over their limit by.

Some do nothing in regards to diet or cardio and just use diuretics to lose the lbs in water and then balloon back up with a rehydration method of their choice

superheavies often eat whatever they want. some try to keep it clean, some don't

in powerlifting, there are more weekend warriors than any other sport. many many people are in the "average lifter" category. some take it more seriously than others, and it shows

Character....

How many people would have the balls to come on here and tell us they DIDN'T make the lift.

Wudda been easier to come on here and lie about it.

I'm sure you'll get there, Dave, I wouldn't worry about it.

500 pounds....

I have several lifetime goals that I must accomplish or die trying. As many of you know I am work primaraly in the combat zones. I am in Afghanistan right now. My lifetime goals were as follows:

1) Wrestle for a D-1 School.... (I recieved a scholarship and did this)
2) Fuck "the one that got away"... ( mission accomplished)
3) Join the military and become a member of a particular SOF unit (done)
4) Engage in a bayonet charge (havent had the pleasure yet, lol)
5) Bench Press 500 pounds (hit 485 before, so not yet)
6) Owe no one anything, no bills, debts, mortgage, etc (still working on that)

So Dave I congratulate you on your accomplishment, I weighed nearly 300 pounds when i hit 485. You are crushing the bench at your bodyweight. And I support your efforts to attain a common goal we share.

Yeah, I'm not sure I didn't know it was suppose to do that.

Be careful of BigA doing it his self. Last time he was monkeying with changing something with the board it went down for about a week (or two). :D *hee, hee, hee*

Same thing happened here. I tried pulling 275lbs a week before the powerlifing meet I did and couldn't do it although I pulled it the week before. I ended up deadlifting 300lbs at the meet. Your smart to not rush it. Let us know the next time you're going to attempt it. :)

dave just slow down a bit you will get it and when you do i will congradulate u. I remember when I first benched 515 the sheer awe in everyones eyes at my gym. it will happen for you.

to the question of the whole diet thing before a meet. I tend to carb up big time the nite nite before I do this for powerlifting and also for football games. somethign about it makes me feel in the zone if I dont then I feel off. I try to keep my eating real clean no greasy food no junk food its tough since I have always been a bigger guy right now im weighing in at 310-315 and I am basicly starving myself lol or it seems that way

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear