over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Trying to help a friend with severe hip pain

Steroidify Rep

Registered
Sponsors
Guys, a good friend of mine started having severe hip pain on left side for over one year.

I believe cartilage is mostly gone and friction is causing unbearable pain. He's seen 2 doctors and both said he needs hip replacement. Recovery is 2 years.

He can't go thru surgery now because his father has Alzheimer's and his mother is 79. He takes care of both.

Guy is 50 years old, about 40-50 pounds overweight. Taking a boat load of NSAIDS and dexamethasone just to get up from bed and be able to function.

My first advice was to lose a good chunk of the extra weight and maybe cut gluten and milk, but I don't really know much about these new peptides that supposedly help with a situation like that. Or antiox's that could do anything for him.

Any help is appreciated.

Guys, a good friend of mine started having severe hip pain on left side for over one year.

I believe cartilage is mostly gone and friction is causing unbearable pain. He's seen 2 doctors and both said he needs hip replacement. Recovery is 2 years.

He can't go thru surgery now because his father has Alzheimer's and his mother is 79. He takes care of both.

Guy is 50 years old, about 40-50 pounds overweight. Taking a boat load of NSAIDS and dexamethasone just to get up from bed and be able to function.

My first advice was to lose a good chunk of the extra weight and maybe cut gluten and milk, but I don't really know much about these new peptides that supposedly help with a situation like that. Or antiox's that could do anything for him.

Any help is appreciated.

2 years..??to recover???

why..?

friend had hip replacement and went home the next day...:)

2 years..??to recover???

why..?

That's what he told me.

They probably meant 2 years for full recovery.

I don't know much about hip replacement. It's the first person close to me that needs a procedure like this.

Any help is appreciated.

His best bet is to arrange for private help for his parents while he recovers. He should be able to recover enough within a few weeks to start helping them again, then he can wean off the private hire and cut the hours until he can go back full time to assist them.

If the hip degeneration is that severe, the best bet is joint replacement. Everything else is just a bandaid. He will eventually have to get the replacement.

Many times you can find a neighbor, family friend, or family member to assist and you can pay them some cash on the side.

Agree with Black Beard. He's best hiring a private caregiver while he's recovering/doing physical therapy post surgery. He would do himself a favor dropping weight before the surgery. It would take some of the load off his hip not to mention the good it would do him mentally. Maybe an IF diet in the run up to his surgery? It's a fairly easy diet to follow.
The NSAIDS are literally killing him and he doesn't even know it. Has he looked into CBD/THC as a way to take "less" pain meds. If he's bone on bone he needs the replacement yesterday. Chronic pain + the stress of caring for others leads to a loss of identity and depression not to mention dependency issues. Your friend really needs to care for himself now so he can help others later.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/hip-replacement/about/pac-20385042

Take away from this: Six to 12 weeks after surgery, you'll have a follow-up appointment with your surgeon to make sure your hip is healing properly. If recovery is progressing well, most people resume their normal activities by this time — even if in a limited fashion. Further recovery with improving strength will often occur for six to 12 months.

Thanks for the replies.

So, TB-500 and/or BPC-157 wouldn't do much if the cartilage is mostly gone, right?

They could help heal the surrounding tissue/surgical wound, etc.

High protein diet, Zinc, and vitamin C will also help. I've had patients with non-healing wounds, this stack worked like a miracle.

Any help is appreciated.

it will not take anywhere close to 2 years for recovery unless he has an incompetent shitty surgeon OR he has some very special circumstances, I had 3 hip surgeries before I had a replacement which was the 4th surgery, the reason I had 3 before the replacement was because the first 2 were done by shitty military docs that did not know what the fuck they were doing, I had THR in 2003, I was considered a complicated case and was doing fine about 3-4 months post op, if I were your friend I would do my best to drop some weight and get the replacement, after he gets the replacements he will say damn I should have done this sooner, taking anything is not going to help, NSAIDs just fuck up his stomach and liver from over use, nothing is going to heal him, he has a pain free life in front of him but it is going to involve surgery first.

Last edited:
Two years??

I had a full hip replacement on my right side and was leg pressing after three months. My left is shot too and I won't hesitate to get another. The materials and procedures used in modern hip replacement have come a long way. Shop for the best doctor you can find. Hopefully he has good insurance. Everyday he "suffers" is a waste. Relief is waiting.

Seems like the easiest thing to do would be to drop his bodyweight as quickly as possible and see if that provides any relief.

Echo what the above have said, can't see how it would take anywhere near 2 years to recover (unless its a special situation).

Everything suggested here other than surgery is just a poor bandaid. Very few things will help with bone on bone joint degeneration. It's only going to keep getting worse. Tear off the bandaid and get it over with.

Everything suggested here other than surgery is just a poor bandaid. Very few things will help with bone on bone joint degeneration. It's only going to keep getting worse. Tear off the bandaid and get it over with.

With the increased risk of heart disease and other thing from prolonged NSAID use I am not sure how much good he is doing in the long run for his parents or himself. If he waits as long as he can then does have surgery when they are in even worse shape it will be more difficult for everyone. Some times biting the bullet and taking the hit now is better then waiting til later. Everything seems overwhelming now but it usually gets worse.

2 years..??to recover???

why..?

Yeah. My father had it and my mother in law. I would say they were about 100% recovered within 1 to 2 months. Now that is recovered to the point where every day life is normal again. They are both incredibly happy they had it done. My mother in law had both of hers done. My dad was 80 years old and my mother in law was 78. They both did fine.

It sounds like your friend is much younger too, so he should recover even better. My advice is to get in ASAP to get that surgery done.

Last edited:
That's what he told me.

They probably meant 2 years for full recovery.

I don't know much about hip replacement. It's the first person close to me that needs a procedure like this.

It wouldn't even take that long to recover back to lifting heavy in the gym I think. Is this guy an active heavy powerlifter or something?

In the new technique they go through the side of the hip/more toward the posterior and recovery is much better. the old method they go through the front. My mother in law had hers done the old school way because she insisted on having this older surgeon do hers and I guess he didn't know the new way. SHe was in the hospital for 4 days post op. My dad had a young guy do his and he went home next day. Come to think about it, I might have the front and back switched around! Its been awhile and I forget. Look into getting the newer method done whichever it is.

Last edited:
In the new technique they go through the side of the hip/more toward the posterior and recovery is much better. the old method they go through the front. My mother in law had hers done the old school way because she insisted on having this older surgeon do hers and I guess he didn't know the new way. SHe was in the hospital for 4 days post op. My dad had a young guy do his and he went home next day. Come to think about it, I might have the front and back switched around! Its been awhile and I forget. Look into getting the newer method done whichever it is.

That's the beauty, medicine is always improving.

That's the beauty, medicine is always improving.

I used to think that having an older surgeon with more experience was better, but now with the newer techniques you are better off having a young guy perform it since they are able to use the latest and the greatest.

yeah...thats how they did by friends.

he was getting around pretty good after few days and he was driving after about a week.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws