over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Trying to improve myself(Clothes)

Alexender

Registered
Ok guys.

Im 35 years old.

I used to wear big jeans and hoodie with running shoes because i would fit inside them.

I want to dress older, more mature.

Brooks brothers? Is that a good store.

I want to dress older,more mature.

Thats not a weird question.

We are about the same age and there is a point in which you start to look at yourself and want to not look like a kid. You are maturing.

If you have no clue then buy a GQ magazine or any type of style magazine and kind of pick what type a clothes/style appeals to you. Then go out and start buying clothes that you like.

Don't get caught up with brands and price. I dress for work and a lot of my clothes I got off the discount racks in department stores. I work with doctors and unless I'm working with a stylish doctor, people ask me if I'm the doctor all the time. No one asks what brand I'm wearing and I get compliments daily.

Stay consistent buying a shirt or pants every other week or month and put then in the rotation so people who see you frequently never see you in the same items or same combination of clothes.

Also, if you try on a pair of pants or a shirt and they fit well. Go home and look online to buy the same cut/model of pants or shirt with the different color schemes that are available. Sometimes that makes it easier to ensure a good fit.

Lastly, don't just go to one store and wear only one brand. So many young professionals go to Express and buy the shirts and pants from that store and look like rookies. Like they came out of the catalog.

Last edited:
I went to H&M.

Clothes dont fit. Im 6foot 230 pounds,lean.

The slim stuff dont seem too fit.

Thats why i though of brook brothers and LL Beam Just not sure.

I went to H&M.

Yeah, it is tough when you are lean. The shirts are all really blousy around the waist and the pants are all too tight in the ass and legs.

I went to H&M.

I’m the same size, Hugo boss 2XL fits me like a glove, I got lucky because everything else fits me like shit. Give it a shot....

Brooks Brothers is a solid place to buy clothing if you can find anything that fits you. For someone your size, I would think your options might be limited, but I know you can find good looking stuff you like.

A lot of places offer alteration services too, so if something you like doesn't fit perfectly or you need to go a size or two up in pants to fit your legs, they can hem them. I'm not a monster by any means, but being 5'6" and 200lbs lean does make for some interesting times shopping for clothes.

lol

all i gotta say is wtf with skinny pants!!!!

dudes rollin around looking like fuckin elfs! :eek::eek:
fat men in skinny pants is far worse then fat women! lol

its a project to go find shit for the bottom half.

recently lost every item of clothing i purchased over the last 10 years or so. i am also struggling with this delema:banghead:

Ok guys.

Im 35 years old.

I used to wear big jeans and hoodie with running shoes because i would fit inside them.

I want to dress older, more mature.

Brooks brothers? Is that a good store.

I want to dress older,more mature.

You could get you some nice slacks like Docker's and have them tailored to your exact fit. There are a few online places that make custom made dress shirts. You send them a pic, they take your measurements then tailor make them for you.

I went to H&M.

or the "athletic" stuff...
its for super skinny guys to try n look big.
i feel like cindarella...
the rest of the population is either too fat or too skinny.

the other thing that doesnt help is so many brands have such different sizes. i wear anything from xl to 3xl...:confused:

when i was fat for work stuff i shopped at brooks brothers sometimes. prob not gona have the fit you want. also i think when i was skinny..been 180-300lbs as an adult. lol

i need to up my wardrobe game too... My fave Mountain Dew shirt has holes in it i have had it for so long. i love that shirt tho. big n lose... its my fave workout shirt...
but i havent bought jens in prob 10 years. same 2 pair still fit and no holes in em (yet)
i guess only clothing/apparel i hav bought in 10 years is socks and shoes:eek:
glad you posted this thread
-F

Expanding on my previous post, we're about the same size it sounds like. Find a brand that fits you well, as in you've tried their stuff on in person and know how it fits you. Clothing varies even the same size of the same brand but at least you'll have a general idea, for me it's Hugo Boss 2XL shirts and 34x32 pants. Then go on ebay type in "hugo boss 2xl" for example and buy a few casual shirts, a few button downs, a couple pairs of jeans and a couple pairs of nice pants, also shorts if you're so inclined and you're all set. It won't cost half as much as it would in the store you'll probably invest $500 total for a new bangin ass wardrobe if not less. If you find something you really really like get it tailored and only dry clean it so it lasts forever and fits perfect, trust me you and others will be able to tell the difference. For more casual/athletic stuff but still nice lululemon in size XL is what fits me, you can get them for half price if not less on ebay as well.

I like to dress sharp but I don't like to pay for it fuck that, one thing about buying name brand stuff vs random H&M or express garbage is that it will last you for years while the other stuff will be crap as soon as you wash it or wear it a couple times. Big difference in how a Hugo Boss pair of pants and shirt fit and look vs some random crap at H&M, it's night and day.

Expanding on my previous post, we're about the same size it sounds like. Find a brand that fits you well, as in you've tried their stuff on in person and know how it fits you. Clothing varies even the same size of the same brand but at least you'll have a general idea, for me it's Hugo Boss 2XL shirts and 34x32 pants. Then go on ebay type in "hugo boss 2xl" for example and buy a few casual shirts, a few button downs, a couple pairs of jeans and a couple pairs of nice pants, also shorts if you're so inclined and you're all set. It won't cost half as much as it would in the store you'll probably invest $500 total for a new bangin ass wardrobe if not less. If you find something you really really like get it tailored and only dry clean it so it lasts forever and fits perfect, trust me you and others will be able to tell the difference. For more casual/athletic stuff but still nice lululemon in size XL is what fits me, you can get them for half price if not less on ebay as well.

I like to dress sharp but I don't like to pay for it fuck that, one thing about buying name brand stuff vs random H&M or express garbage is that it will last you for years while the other stuff will be crap as soon as you wash it or wear it a couple times. Big difference in how a Hugo Boss pair of pants and shirt fit and look vs some random crap at H&M, it's night and day.

Thats exactly what ive done. Im 5'11", 250 with 19" neck. Its impossible to buy clothes off the rack. Good fitting clothes makes all the difference in the world. Brooks brothers makes nice stuff, but i dont fit into slim fit and the regular fit is very blousy. Whatever you decide, make sure it fits well and you'll look great.

Personally I like Banana Republic.

Good quality clothing that lasts for a long time. They also have 40% off sales almost every week.

I like good stuff . . . but on the cheap :D

I've bought both (used) Brooks Brothers jackets and Allen Edmonds shoes on eBay at a deep discount!

Who ever said it above about tailoring is a good point. You can buy clothes like pants that fit your quads and get the waist tailored down. A lot of dry cleaning places tailor clothes too.

And keep your nice clothes. Being on and off cycles and growing and shrinking 1000x over the years I have thrown away nice clothing thinking I would never fit into it again and low and behold I gain or loose 20lbs again. I have been 200lbs and 240lbs several times and if you have the space it saves to keep the "on cycle" and "off cycle" clothes.

Funny, I spent my whole adult life in "Sports pants" and Tee shirts with the sleeves cut off. Occasional hoodie. My GF says "You know, you don't have to cut off the sleeves for people to realize you're a big buy" I said "I'm not doing that!" you know what she was right. God forbid everyone can't see every vein in my arms! LOL So I stared wearing up to date collared shirts with sleeves, with jeans, or nice sport pants. A couple of nice shirts off the rack can be very affordable. Combine with good grooming and most people (females lol) will notice a big difference. I play in a band on weekends. My GF dresses like a rock slut when I ask her to, but she likes me to look a little more mature and neat. So I guess I'm old now LOL! But I like it.!!!!!
BTW, I know finding jeans that fit is tough, but you can do it.

Ralph Lauren is usually an decent fit and the clothes last a long time. Also check for outlet malls to find deals, but watch out because some outlet malls only get second rate versions of the real brandl. For example Brooks Brothers outlets are great, but you have to pay attention because they sell the real brand and an outlet only sub brand within the same outlet store.

Last edited:
I went through this a while back. My staples now are:

Levis 541 athletic fit stretch. They are tapered but not at all skinny.
514s if I wear western boots.

All my shirts have to be stretch so:
Mens Express shirts- Their Vnecks are the best, as well as stretch Polos
Buckle
Dress shirts (athletic stretch) from Kohls

Redwing Iron Ranger boots or similar

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88