over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TRYING TO PUT ON SIZE? post your macros

B~RAD

Registered
We're all constantly trying to learn what works best whether it be how to train, how much to eat, or even when to fap. I'm interested in knowing what macros works for people that are bulking. Here's what I have so far according to fitday.com. I'm currently trying to get to 190. one more meal left which will be a container of cottage cheese and 2 cups of 2% milk

cals-5960
fat-254
carbs-430
protein-456

Whats your height man, thats a ton of calories for trying to get to 190.

Im trying to hit 260 and thats right around my diet.

I don't use, or recommend any one I help uses "macros" as any sort of guide line. A much more accurate system is your own human body. For example if I am not active and I work online for 2-3 days straight with out leaving the house my body will slow down and only demand some times 1-2 meals, 30-50g of protein, and I go to sleep FULL.

In the contrast, If I train intensely 5x a week I may crave to eat every 2-3 hours a good 3-450g protein/day. The point is listen to your body, both of these days I still may be 225, but force feeding on the first example would be counter productive. The real solution would not involve diet but physical activity at that point to increase my urge to consume. So for me macros and even Cal counting is some thing I do not use with me or any one.

Whats your height man, thats a ton of calories for trying to get to 190.

Im trying to hit 260 and thats right around my diet.

I was thinking the same thing. I would say around 4000 calories would be about right for someone trying to get to 190.

I think its good to have a guideline... a place to start esp for beginners who havent learned their body yet.... there are several cal calc that ask age weight and activity level which is a good start, but..... that said once you got a good idea where you are,you should start listening to your body which is most important plus factoring activity level , this is good practice not only with diet but with training too. people ask constantly "how many times a week do you train and for how long?" .... if i say six days a week 1.5 hours a day... but you eat three meals and i eat six prob not a good idea..

Last edited:
5'11" 260lbs b/f mid teens. Dont really care about being super lean, just dont want a gut. Im a size freak though.

When on cycle

protein 450g
carbs 450g
fat 150g
cals 5k

some days i'll up the carbs to 1000 and drop the fat hardly any and protein to around 300g

at the moment im having 50p/50c/20f and i eat to apetite more or less. altho i haver just added in a shake during the night when i pee and also a workout shake.

im at 70g p, 50 or so carbs, and 20 or so fats per meal. depending on the day anywhere from 5 to 7 whole meals and a shake or two.

worse thing you can do to your body is force feed it

and theres plenty of examples in recent threads

Yes

worse thing you can do to your body is force feed it

and theres plenty of examples in recent threads

But everyone needs to understand that on their own i guess. Macro ratios are 2% of the equation for putting on size........they are 90% the ratio for keeping size while shedding bodyfat..........

We're all constantly trying to learn what works best whether it be how to train, how much to eat, or even when to fap. I'm interested in knowing what macros works for people that are bulking. Here's what I have so far according to fitday.com. I'm currently trying to get to 190. one more meal left which will be a container of cottage cheese and 2 cups of 2% milk

cals-5960
fat-254
carbs-430
protein-456

jeez and you are 190 ? you have a super super super super super super super super fast metabolism dont you ?

That is what my macro's will prolly look like after my family's Thanksgiving feast today;):D

But, yes I agree I believe macro's play a bigger role when prepping for a show...the offseason mode should be about stimulating hunger from your workouts which hunger can change on a daily basis in the offseason...feed your body when you feel hungry, never go starving, and train like a beast, trust me you will be hungry...let the macro's fall how they will based on hunger...if you training is right, you will be eating to grow!

Who needs to worry about macros when you can just take more drugs? :cool:

Begining of Sept I was 204 on a 5"11 frame...I have made some serious commitments to certain aspects of my diet, supplements and training, right now I am 216...I try to "watch" my carbs intake as much as possible...my break down on 3500 cal a day...60%p/30%c/10%f...I think that I am putting on some good weight, keeping fat at a minimum...

1. Don´t stress over counting calories, grams of protein, etc. This is the fastest way to get frustrated and burn out.

2. Learn what is in the common foods you eat and memorize it. This will enable you to have a sense of how much is enough, so as not to undereat, but if all else fails and there is no way around it for a oarticular meal see rule 1.

3. Be rdundant. Eat protein from as many sources as you can. Eat more protein than you need in each meal, it is better to err on this side than the other. My favorite meal is 10 egg whites 3 whole eggs scrambeld with 3/4 lb of ground beef and a cup of cheese. After that I eat 4 cups of oatmeal with 1/2 cup of brown sugar. I drink about 1/4 - 1/2 gallon of skim milk during the meal.

4. Drink skim or 2% milk with everything. Drink at least a gallon a day.

5. Add a protein shake to the first and last meal of the day. Know what kind of protein it is an what kind is best. In general you want a mix of whey isolate, calcium caseinates and free amino´s.

6. Buy in bulk. Cook in bulk. BBQ´s should be performed as often as weather permits.

7. If you wake up in the middle of the night to piss, stumble your ass to the kitchen an make a shake with some natural pb and oatmeal in it. Calories+Bonus meal = good.

8. When you get a craving, listen to your body in general. I have put away some incredible meals when my body was craving a certain type of food.

9. Every so often when you get tiered of shoveling food down your throat constantly and you lose your appetite and drive to consume - take a break ... refer to rule number 1. What happens to me after a prolonged period of eating 6 - 9 thousend calories a day my body gets tiered and I can´t get an appetit. So every month ore two, depending on the kind of training I am doing, I fast. I literally do not eat a bite for a day or so an drink a ton of water and coffe. It cleans my system and gives the digestive system a much needed break. Some may disagree but I think this sort of cheat day for a person trying to put on size is important... it won´t kill you, you will not shrink, it will probably be better for growth in these situations than forcing down food.

cals-5960
fat-254
carbs-430
protein-456

I might hit those on a cheat day if i've eaten my usual diet plus whatever junk food i can cram down.... and I'm 230ish at 16 percent. Are you eating weight gainer powders? Where do your carbs come from?

I might hit those on a cheat day if i've eaten my usual diet plus whatever junk food i can cram down.... and I'm 230ish at 16 percent. Are you eating weight gainer powders? Where do your carbs come from?

no weight gainers- all my carbs come from mostly fruit, milk, and occasionally grains

1. Don´t stress over counting calories, grams of protein, etc. This is the fastest way to get frustrated and burn out.

2. Learn what is in the common foods you eat and memorize it. This will enable you to have a sense of how much is enough, so as not to undereat, but if all else fails and there is no way around it for a oarticular meal see rule 1.

3. Be rdundant. Eat protein from as many sources as you can. Eat more protein than you need in each meal, it is better to err on this side than the other. My favorite meal is 10 egg whites 3 whole eggs scrambeld with 3/4 lb of ground beef and a cup of cheese. After that I eat 4 cups of oatmeal with 1/2 cup of brown sugar. I drink about 1/4 - 1/2 gallon of skim milk during the meal.

4. Drink skim or 2% milk with everything. Drink at least a gallon a day.

5. Add a protein shake to the first and last meal of the day. Know what kind of protein it is an what kind is best. In general you want a mix of whey isolate, calcium caseinates and free amino´s.

6. Buy in bulk. Cook in bulk. BBQ´s should be performed as often as weather permits.

7. If you wake up in the middle of the night to piss, stumble your ass to the kitchen an make a shake with some natural pb and oatmeal in it. Calories+Bonus meal = good.

8. When you get a craving, listen to your body in general. I have put away some incredible meals when my body was craving a certain type of food.

9. Every so often when you get tiered of shoveling food down your throat constantly and you lose your appetite and drive to consume - take a break ... refer to rule number 1. What happens to me after a prolonged period of eating 6 - 9 thousend calories a day my body gets tiered and I can´t get an appetit. So every month ore two, depending on the kind of training I am doing, I fast. I literally do not eat a bite for a day or so an drink a ton of water and coffe. It cleans my system and gives the digestive system a much needed break. Some may disagree but I think this sort of cheat day for a person trying to put on size is important... it won´t kill you, you will not shrink, it will probably be better for growth in these situations than forcing down food.

haha i like it. I usually just eat what i want as well and yesterday was no exception. just thought id put everything on fitday for once and see where i fall at. never heard the fasting tip before. very interesting.

I think another important factor is your macro's v.s. what gear your taking. Too many people just up the dose when they cant gain more weight but thats just gonna increase your metabolism even more which will cause less gains.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws