over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tumeric and cancer

I started taking turmeric mainly hoping for it to help the joints...definitely seems to make a big difference. I use Himalaya brand Turmeric 95 just take one am and pm

On a serious note,,, I have read that turmeric is an amazing super supplement... I have fibroids which suck.. and are benign tumors....so I tried turmeric and after about a month smelt it coming through my pores!!!! 🤢Soooo I stopped taking it! It was a valid enough reason.. and thankfully I returned to my normal nice smelling self... 😄💖

Is it tumeric or corcmin that's "the good stuff"?
Any general recs about daily doses, if it needs to be combined with other stuff to aid absorption, etc.
There's a lot of products and info out there and it's confusing!

Is it tumeric or corcmin that's "the good stuff"?
Any general recs about daily doses, if it needs to be combined with other stuff to aid absorption, etc.
There's a lot of products and info out there and it's confusing!

Curcumin is the more active ingredient in turmeric that is quoted in much of the literature. But I would have to think that there are many other chemicals/alkaloids found in turmeric that are healthy and have not been really studied yet.

Curcumin is the more active ingredient in turmeric that is quoted in much of the literature. But I would have to think that there are many other chemicals/alkaloids found in turmeric that are healthy and have not been really studied yet.

So buy a tumeric product rather than the curcumin ones?

Thanks.

So buy a tumeric product rather than the curcumin ones?

Thanks.

That is a personnel choice. You will need a larger dose of turmeric to get the same amount of curcumin, then if you just took a dose of curcumin. That is what I do.I am guessing their may be other polyphenols etc. in turmeric and would be getting the benifits of things that haven't been studied yet.

That is a personnel choice. You will need a larger dose of turmeric to get the same amount of curcumin, then if you just took a dose of curcumin. That is what I do.I am guessing their may be other polyphenols etc. in turmeric and would be getting the benifits of things that haven't been studied yet.

Interesting and helpful.

Thanks again.

On a serious note,,, I have read that turmeric is an amazing super supplement... I have fibroids which suck.. and are benign tumors....so I tried turmeric and after about a month smelt it coming through my pores!!!! 🤢Soooo I stopped taking it! It was a valid enough reason.. and thankfully I returned to my normal nice smelling self... 😄💖

Try actual Curcumin. I noticed the same when I eat turmeric and curry... When I workout I would reek of it

PS - My friend said you're due for more progress pics

I've also been taking curcumin for years... mostly jarrow brand, but i will try the life extension one now... also started buying the tumeric root and adding it to shakes... it actually tastes ok... and sometimes i'll shave some of it into an omelet with a cheese grater... i saw it in an evan centopani video..

I drink 5 grams curcummin spice with a black pepper pill/vegetable powder every morning. Then 500 mg curcumin extract (nature's way) with another black pepper pill.

I pretty much do the same..dump a big scoop of tumeric powder on my mouth with a little black pepper.

This is just one case here whereas Curcumin and its effects/ links to cancer is well proven in Indian population. India has one of the lowest cancer rates in the world for a country so big. reason why ? you get given true organic pure gold turmeric from the point you can chew and eat with fat in the meals for absorption. most cooked stuff has curcumin. Long before i bought a a curcumin supp i must have eaten thousands of kilos of it in my lifetime.

Curcumin is integral part of Ayurveda, ancient Indian medicine . still BAMS docs prescribe its formulations. Old times turmeric paste was used for rubbing on wounds for healing etc etc etc.

yes modern India has obesity thanks to the 21 st century lifestyles ,desk jobs, lack of mpvement and western food chains influence in India, yes to blood pressure & heart health issues but cancer rates are very low.

Anyway I have written my exp with meriva phytosome here many many times. sorted my elbows so that's something one can call the "feel factor" .crp levels always low. tried many. i always go back to it. tried almost every out there brand/ del method.

currently using thearcumin for the first time. think i will again go back to my trusted phytosome.

have taken phytosome in following brands..

jarrows
doc best
thorne research

all three are great and reliable imo.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I've used LEF Super Bio Curcumin for 3 yrs now....been using Meriva Phytosome(Jarrow,Doctor's Best) for the last several months but don't notice a difference. This is interesting though and I posted it a few weeks ago..
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...rmin-meriva-bcm-95-compared-2017-article.html

A lot of these studies seem contradictory. For example, the bioperine (piperine) study talks about 2000% increase in bioavailability compared to curcumin alone, then the BCM-95 study says it's 6.93x more bioavailable compared to curcumin alone but somehow also 6.3x more bioavailable compared to curcumin+piperine.

So either they're interpreting data differently (e.g. using area under the curve vs peak concentration or some other method) or the formulations are different because in the BCM-95 study the curcumin alone had almost the same bioavailability as the curcumin+piperine

Meanwhile, the Meriva study says the demethoxycurcumin is what is actually elevated rather than curcumin, and that its "a more potent analogue in many in vitro anti-inflammatory assays. " yet above in the article it mentions this is largely inert. And the article specifically says " plasma concentrations were still significantly lower than those required for the inhibition of most anti-inflammatory targets of curcumin."

A lot of these studies seem contradictory. For example, the bioperine (piperine) study talks about 2000% increase in bioavailability compared to curcumin alone, then the BCM-95 study says it's 6.93x more bioavailable compared to curcumin alone but somehow also 6.3x more bioavailable compared to curcumin+piperine.

So either they're interpreting data differently (e.g. using area under the curve vs peak concentration or some other method) or the formulations are different because in the BCM-95 study the curcumin alone had almost the same bioavailability as the curcumin+piperine

Meanwhile, the Meriva study says the demethoxycurcumin is what is actually elevated rather than curcumin, and that its "a more potent analogue in many in vitro anti-inflammatory assays. " yet above in the article it mentions this is largely inert. And the article specifically says " plasma concentrations were still significantly lower than those required for the inhibition of most anti-inflammatory targets of curcumin."

Thanks for pointing that out. I haven't had a chance to read these yet. I think I'll be sticking with my Life Extension curcumin.

Because there is so much speculation over which formulations are the best absorbed, I usually just take two different brands at the same time. Right now I am using novasol and biomor. I was previously using the one with piperine. Either way, my CRP level has never been higher than 0.3 and the rest of my bloodwork is pretty darn good besides hematocrit. I don't notice a huge difference either way. I think a bunch of these forms work, and the fact I take two at once "just in case" might help.

Anyone using an injectable curcumin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i know its me but... lol
:cool:

no joke if i do not add cur to my admins within 2 weeks i have joint pains, even on low dose npp.

when im sure to fill the empty space with my cd2 the pain goes away within about 2 weeks and i get this annoying morning wood. every time without fail start and stop for...most of 9 years this is what happens.

yes it sucks
yes its worth it ( for me )
take it for what it is

:star-w:rs

ive been using swanson turmeric for several years now. I use it for the anti inflammatory properties as well as enhanced digestion. its definitely made a difference for my IBS. If its anti cancer as well.....well sweet! bonus

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131