advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Turning down 5 million dollars a year....

Dante, are you allowed to say what companies you manufacture for?? I'd love to know because anyone NOT on that list will never get business from me again...

I mean I pretty much strictly order from TP only but sometimes I still pick something up here and there when a big sale is going on...

Absolutely cannot. I sign NDA agreements and many other legal documents. Thats their business and rightfully so and will always remain their business.

If Jay Dub industries comes to my manufacturing company and wants to make POWERBUILDER PROTEIN....nobody will ever ever find out that we make Jay Dub Industries POWERBUILDER PROTEIN....and all my employees also know legally they can never ever speak outside of our office of who we manufacture for and they have all signed legal documentation on that matter.

Dante,

The way I look at it - and correct me if I'm wrong.

The big guys, the HUGE companies that are out there. Gaspari, BSN, Dymatize, Optimum, etc.. Are the ones that are undergoing the most scrutiny. It's a dog eat dog world out there, and if any of these companies were lying on their labels - the other companies would find out.

Example - If Gaspari's Myofusion really had 10g of sugar in there instead of 3, with only 17g of protein instead of 25.. I have a feeling that BSN, Dymatize, etc.. Would be testing this protein privately, and it would not be that way for long. They would release the results publicly to try and take business away from that company and drive more towards themselves.

I would consider any of the big companies as safe, since If I were an owner of BSN and Myofusion comes out for cheaper and tastes awesome - I would test that shit and expose them if it were a lie on the label.

I could be completely off base, and let me know if I am. This is just my conclusion of the companies. The companies I absolutely do not trust are the small house-brand companies, the up-and-comers, and the ones that no one really cares enough about to test. I've tasted some DAMN good protein from small-ass companies.. Ya know, If dymatize can't make theirs taste THAT good.. They probably can't either.

I agree...but look at the lawsuits that are going on right now....heck V is suing G on the COLORS OF THEIR LABELS! Big money! (yes I dont like to state the companies, its just my way of doing things)....there is alot risk in going full bore at another company like that winning or backlash wise.

I think some legal action happened about a few years ago when 1fast400 tested some of proteinfactories products and they didn't meet the label claim
and protein factory sued them.

Not sure what the basis was...but it's probably a complicated issue if one company were to test anothers products and publish the tests-if they accused them of tampering etc-or the impending cost of litigation prevented them from pursuing it.

A few years back I posted on Mayhem about how Met-Rx basically sucked as they had changed the formula after Rexall bought the company from Dr. Connelly...and I was cotacted by one of there reps to pull the comment or they could sue me. yea right, I knew the formula changed but didn't need the headache of dealing with threats like that.

Im right there with you....I have gotten "cease and desists" on some of the most simplest of things (one product i still shake my head about.....in my mind its useless and was popular like 12 years ago) but there it was on my desk threatening huge legal action.....so like MG I tread very lightly concerning this area and naming names.

Im waiting for protein powder (Made with cold processed Whey Protein from GRASS FED cows that are not hormonally treated) from True Protein.. Hope you guys start carrying some..

I believe virtually all of our whey comes from cows that are rBGH free already, but its Sunday and Ill look more into this tommorow at work and post on it.

Last edited:
Wow Dc, its good to know there are some guys out there who still have a back bone. In the business I have done in the past I know its pretty easy to take the $ and justify your actions.. I have seen it in a lot of the UG gear that is being made the last 5 years. As most of you know 'they' have no regulations. I can tell you with 100% honesty that we went thru 2 dozen labs before we found the ones we currently carry. I test everything we sell. Its not cheap but in the long run you end up making up for any $ lost due to the respect and the loyalty your customers and business associates have in you.

The 5M you lost in this deal will come back to you in the coming years. You have built a reputation all over the net as a guy who's word goes a long way. everyone here knows your have integrity. Incidents like this little fiasco only proves that more.

I appreciate you sharing that with us. Its refreshing to hear :)

Thanks,

G

Im waiting for protein powder (Made with cold processed Whey Protein from GRASS FED cows that are not hormonally treated) from True Protein.. Hope you guys start carrying some..

That would be ideal. I think Mercola has that available but it's expensive.

DC has always been quality, always will be...its hard to tell people the truth about supplement companies. They never believe me..."How can you say GNC doesnt care about my health? Everything is regulated, they cant lie..." Every day i hear this and every day i have to give a sermon and some people still refuse to see the light

Use other companies proteins, these same people get indigestion, diarrhea, etc...use ours...wow no problems, tastes great, mixes perfect...same with TP and other manufacturers who are honest...

if its your health or profit, big name company isnt worried about your health, just how to pay for their next exotic car or week in monaco

think about it

keep it up bro! this is why is stick with TP for my needs.

we had/have major issues like this in the uk.

a group of about 20 of us got together and tested every big brnad available including american ones and some smaller brands in the uk along with the bulk buy companies a little like TP.

The results for some were very shocking and lets just say we now all use a very select and smallish group of companies compared to before.

definatly worth testing if you have the oppertunity to and getting in a group makes it much more affordable.

we had/have major issues like this in the uk.

a group of about 20 of us got together and tested every big brnad available including american ones and some smaller brands in the uk along with the bulk buy companies a little like TP.

The results for some were very shocking and lets just say we now all use a very select and smallish group of companies compared to before.

definatly worth testing if you have the oppertunity to and getting in a group makes it much more affordable.

Can you say what companies you use? I think it would help many of us inside EU. Is myprotein still good to go?

Can you say what companies you use? I think it would help many of us inside EU. Is myprotein still good to go?

I use

reflex nutrition
myprotein
bulksupplementsdirect
optimum nutrition

This is why I will continue to promote your products to all of my friends and family. Not only because I know the quality of your products first hand, but because I know it's run by good guys like you. Also the only protein supplier I use.

Keep up the honest work Dante.

I agree with you on the shysters...SO many shady people out there willing to compromise others for money and its seem to come out more and more due to this shit-hole economy. Quite sad....

Im with Tmuscle on this as its my feelings exactly

AMEN.. that is how biz is supposed to be run.. remember guys, this is not a abnormal event in this biz.. it happens all the time.. all for what.. pennies.. and they dont want the labels changed? i am telling you that this is normal in this industry.. sickens me.. and people wonder why some of us constantly pimp TRUEPROTEIN and SYNTHETEK.. because they are great products and have whats on the label.. fancy labels are just that.. labels..

Can anyone share what it would cost to have a product tested? Not so much as to expose a bunch of companies but cost permitting I would want to test the 2-3 brands of protein I use for my own piece if mind. Thanks.

Glad you're keeping it real at Trueprotein, thanks.

That's stand up right there. It is hard to find people with integrity nowadays over $500 much less $5mil. Hats off to you and your business partner for doing the right thing. Too many times the people who do the right thing get overlooked, but this just reinforces to me why I get all my supps through TP. They may make a little more money right now screwing people over, but they will get their up-and-comings soon enough. Kudos DC:headbang:

Atta Boy.

Obscurre Reference, in Billy Madison, picking "Business Ethics" for the final question for Eric in the Academic Decathlon, and he losses it.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws