advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Turning down 5 million dollars a year....

I believe virtually all of our whey comes from cows that are rBGH free already, but its Sunday and Ill look more into this tommorow at work and post on it.

That is really good news! Is it possible to provide the dairy farm/farms who supply the whey? Thanks..

Kudos to companies like TP that don't add to the problem by watering down what powders they can get.

But what packing plants do with the raw powders is the smaller factor for sure. The biggest problem really, is that truly high quality milk to extract the powders from is virtually non existent in the US. So the only thing you can do really is to preserve the quality that is available as best as possible

I've done work for the packing company that packages a few all star names including Dorian Yates protein. And the powders they use are very low quality even before they start adding fillers.

Last edited:
these are all reasons why i only order my products from true protein great products with even greater people running it

this is why i buy from and will always buy from trueprotein. not only are they providing us with the highest products but they also are enhancing the quality of products in the rest of the industry

Yes many tested low in the UK. One was advertised as 80% protein and came back 20%.

Myprotein and Reflex always come back spot on in terms of protein percentage. All I use now.

the supplement industry is so damn shady

I only trust and use 3 companies

ALLMAX
True Protein
Genomyx

Yes I work for ALLMAX, but no prop blends. cGMP Pharma Facility. And each and every batch of our proteins are lab tested. Checking for purity, quality, and cleanliness from contaminants. Great sources. Great quality. A lot of care is put into the products.

Thank you Dante for being a stand up guy and being honest and providing us with legit products to help us reach our goals

Props to your and your partner.

I do notice that i hold less water on TP's stuff than several other makes , I guess its due to the "unseen" carbs. Makes me wonder though what if sombody was diabetic and got hold to some "protein" that was laden with dextrose??

i think all commercial industries are this way , I was contracted to build 30 rifles built to my standard specs customer was very happy , i recieve the barrles from him and their from an inferior maker , I call the customer and he says "yea I like these better , and don't bother blueprinting the actions" so I had to back out of the deal as i refuse to put my name on somehting that uses poor parts.

Few companies these days actualy deal with any sort of dignity , its all about money

This has been probably going on for 6 years now.

Retail company on the East Coast makes a protein powder.....everyone and their brother (especially on bodybuilding.com) raves about it....oh the price! oh the taste! Then they get either shut down FDA wise or the public starts finding out that its absolute crap protein in a jug and they quickly fizzle it out or shut it down quickly and what do they do? They come right back out with a new company and new retail name....same EXACT ingredients.....and there they are on bodybuilding.com and all these other forums with the very same young guys raving about "this new protein"...oh the taste! oh the price!"......ITS THE SAME GUYS RUNNING THE COMPANY 4 MONTHS AGO THAT YOU FOUND OUT WERE SLIME! They dissolved it.... regrouped and did it again!

Their ingredients? When a dairy manufactures whey protein it has to pass certain manufacturing specs/bacteria etc in its batches made. When it doesnt pass, that protein is put to the side (known as off spec protein). There are brokers around the country who buy this stuff up and they use it usually for animal feed processes. How do I know about this? These brokers buy up so much offspec stuff that they continually call us custom manufacturers to see if we have any need for offspec protein. And you can get this stuff for a a fraction to 1/3 of the cost as legitimate protein. THESE SHYSTER GUYS ABOVE WERE BUYING IT! AND PUTTING IT IN THEIR PRODUCTS! And you young guys over at bodybuilding.com were raving about it! For years now you have been.....
A legitimate WPC for bodybuilding purposes is 80%.....but for lower grades(again...animal feed/sauces/gravies etc) it goes down to 32% and other low percentages (lower than human consumption at 80%).....again dirt cheap. This low grade WPC is used for other applications obviously than bodybuilding protien consumption-muscle remodeling. YET AGAIN THESE GUYS ABOVE WERE BUYING IT! And putting it in their products! How do I know? I've had it presented to me and the selling point was "Company name and Company name is using it...its good"......Sorry thats not good enough for my business partner and I in hearing it so we send it out to be tested. SAWDUST!!! No surprise there.....

So they buy offspec proteins, and lower percentage than "human consumption WPC" and add dextrose and fructose to it (which is denser so it makes the jug heavier so AGAIN YOU GET RIPPED OFF in what you thinking you are buying poundage wise)....yet dextrose and fructose make the taste awesome when you add the flavor system so everyone and their brother thinks they are getting the creme of the crop..... because of the taste.

In some cases they add soy protein to the mix so lets hope you dont have a serious soy allergy (trust me they dont give a shit if you do....they just want to make a protein (and i use that word lightly) that they can make an incredible profit on (because usually protein isnt a good profit margin item...its heavy and if its legit a seller doesnt make very good money on it)....thats why you see these big companies become multi millionaires overnight on capsulized products (fat burners etc) light/light to ship/huge profit margin/thats where the bucks are...again I digress

I took about 2 weeks one time tracking down this group of about 10-12 guys....I couldnt even keep up with it what they did over the years, they kept setting up new companies/advertising all over the place/somehow getting in the bigtime distributor pipeline/selling huge amounts/and then they get caught or shut down somehow....fizzle out/regroup/ and do it all over again. There was a group on the East Coast...they did this about 4-5 times in a row over many years, then they split up into multi groups (some of them were from Senegal).....some went to New York, some went to North Carolina and did it again...Some went to Conneticut, New Jersey....and they all did it....again and again....and are still doing it! Alot of legit out of college business people who worked alongside these guys quit within months of being with these guys because they found out how much they were either ripping off the public or heading for FDA trouble....(yet somehow they keep shutting down and starting up before they can get into trouble)

And they continue to do it and its amazing to me because I can spot their products a mile away....its the same mix over and over (usually their whey protein "blend" is their big star of their line.....and the label starts with WPC and then lists other high quality proteins in order after WPC....again its a scam and you are getting predominantly Whey Protein Concentrate and that huge bloat you get after you drink it? Could be your lactose intolerant or more likely you got suckered with something that is alot less than 80% WPC that they bought for 1.99 to 3.50 a pound

We buy multiple of thousands of pounds of Whey proteins and other proteins....I mean i am writing 6-7 figure checks here to dairies on a monthly to bi monthly basis to get to the price per pound we need to be at. I know what this stuff costs. I know that Optimum Nutrition controls the industry and they set the pricing market because they are just absolutely gigantic and are a conglomerate of protein manufacturing themselves. Do you really freaking think that some new retail label can match GIANT Optimum Nutritions pricing on a 5 pound jug with apples to apples and oranges to oranges!?!?!?!

Do you think you could make your own Raisin Bran and keep up with the big boys on that? And the buying power the big boys have?

I have my hands on many things outside of the supplement industry (recycling of tires, real estate, grocery store mainstream foods and drinks, an investment group, even LendingClub.com (check it out sometime, been getting a 12% to 14% return there for years) etc) and thank god I do have outside interests because it keeps me sane. There are some good people in the supplement industry but there are also some seedy backhanded greedy individuals who could care less if you eat white chicken breast or fatty chicken skin grizzle for your bbing endeavors....its whatever they can make the most money on.

And then they shut the lights off at nite and sleep soundly (somehow)

Last edited:
DC... knowing all of these things...and being a business owner... what's your opinion on FDA and government regulation of supplements?

not sure if i am surprised or not by this type of thing going on...We really rely on whistle blowers that do the label testing...

Is this MGN?

24 grams protein per scoop? brb figuring out which proteins offer this.

I wonder if it's Myofusion. That'd ruin my day.

i dont think OP is stating actual number lol, he is saying its not dosed what the label claims..

In a hypothetical world… if I could not get TP's proteins or couldn't get Synthepure. I would not buy supplement protein. I just wouldn't. All those flashy, expensive ads mean nothing to me. I work in marketing and I know how gullible people can be to a statement with (in reality) absolutely no content.

In a hypothetical world… if I could not get TP's proteins or couldn't get Synthepure. I would not buy supplement protein. I just wouldn't. All those flashy, expensive ads mean nothing to me. I work in marketing and I know how gullible people can be to a statement with (in reality) absolutely no content.

That is you though. You know what is gtg and what isn't. You've been here for a long time and are experienced. SynthePure has me hooked.

i agree.. if those were not available (trueprotein and synthetek) i would literally just use whole food no matter how troublesome it would be..

many years ago a meal replacement system came on the market. everyone used it.. i used it and loved it.. years after the birth of this company many would say that the new stuff is not as good as the old stuff.. i still used it.. but later found out that the company, which had a mixture of whey, milk, egg ect ect, kept the ingredients the same on the package but drastically changed the amounts or percentages of the ingredients.. the new stuff was literally just milk in large amounts with a pinch of whey and egg.. yet they claimed it was just as good as the old stuff.. yet much cheaper ingredients.. thew supplement biz is pretty shady..:(

i agree.. if those were not available (trueprotein and synthetek) i would literally just use whole food no matter how troublesome it would be..

many years ago a meal replacement system came on the market. everyone used it.. i used it and loved it.. years after the birth of this company many would say that the new stuff is not as good as the old stuff.. i still used it.. but later found out that the company, which had a mixture of whey, milk, egg ect ect, kept the ingredients the same on the package but drastically changed the amounts or percentages of the ingredients.. the new stuff was literally just milk in large amounts with a pinch of whey and egg.. yet they claimed it was just as good as the old stuff.. yet much cheaper ingredients.. thew supplement biz is pretty shady..:(

One think I tell you, I would never buy Muscle Milk.

this is how I buy mine.

if only we could get TP around here.

Attachments

• prod_01_XL.jpg
    prod_01_XL.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 282
DC... knowing all of these things...and being a business owner... what's your opinion on FDA and government regulation of supplements?

Good and Bad....

Good = We have been spot/random visited by the FDA and DEA I believe 3 times now (DEA because they always check on large capsulizer machines and what they are being used for....alot of illegal drug making going on out there). I welcome them, we pass with flying colors....GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and all the other certs are good processes to have in place and hold all supplement companies accountable.

Bad = As we go along here prices are going to go up across the land on supplements because as GMP gets more and more stringent (uber paperwork), its very costly....and those costs are going to be directly accounted for by a raise in supplement prices.

As it pertains to these guys of whom I speak.....they usually get in and out before they are toured if they set up shop as a custom manufacturer (and I hate to use those terms with them because they are doing things incredibly backwoods).....or more likely if they are being a shyster retail company (which most of them are) they use a custom manufacturer who will "not pass on 400k" profit a month and will put on the labels they want to put on. The equipment used in custom manufacturing is ungodly expensive (we are talking over 100k for certain single peices you must have if you are doing large volume)....its much much much much easier being a retail company and that lower overhead.....where your money is spent on advertising...so thats what most of those guys do.

Like I said its very hard making big profit on heavy protein powders but these guys above circumvent that by putting our a product thats bogus. If you look around at the big players in the supplement industry 'usually' its capsulized products or a smaller powder product thats niche that made them extremely wealthy

This is why i only buy from TP....trust and integrity. My whole family(some who dont even workout) buy from TP....

My parent both use protein supps and other health related products from tp and have been very happy. One way to support Dante and TP is to let other people,regarless if they workout or not, know about quality,bulk products they offer. It's a great company not only for bodybuilders but the general public as a whole!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member