over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TVA/Core Training Contest Prep

megarips250

Registered
What's up guys. 10 weeks out from State Championship.prepping myself. Haven't trained abs in over a year because I was always under the assumption that your entire core was being worked while doing compound movements and that abs and obliques were simply a matter of body fat.

Yesterday I was aproached by a guy I know who is a prep coach and competitor. He asked me how often I train my core and I answered with the bold text above. He highly recommended that I train my transverse abdominis and core frequently with a lot of body weight exercises. The goal is to tighten up the waist as much as possible and vacume.

My question to you good people out there is: blown out guts from GH and Insulin use aside, does everyone have the capability to vacuum and can you shrink up your waist by training your TVA and core leading up to a show?

Cheers

What's up guys. 10 weeks out from State Championship.prepping myself. Haven't trained abs in over a year because I was always under the assumption that your entire core was being worked while doing compound movements and that abs and obliques were simply a matter of body fat.

Yesterday I was aproached by a guy I know who is a prep coach and competitor. He asked me how often I train my core and I answered with the bold text above. He highly recommended that I train my transverse abdominis and core frequently with a lot of body weight exercises. The goal is to tighten up the waist as much as possible and vacume.

My question to you good people out there is: blown out guts from GH and Insulin use aside, does everyone have the capability to vacuum and can you shrink up your waist by training your TVA and core leading up to a show?

Cheers

I think everyone has the ability to do a vacuum.....but some are better built fr it. That said I think anyone that trains it with vacuums will be better able to keep the gut in check while posing. maybe it wont shrink anything....but youll have better control over it

This is like people who say want big biceps? Just do rows and deadlifts. If you think your biceps will grow their best without being directly stimulated, you're delusional. Obviously we don't want abs to grow too much, but without direct training they'll never develop to their maximum, nor will your ability to control them.

I've made it a point to do vacuums almost daily since I was in shape last summer. I'll never have a deep one like Bumstead, Huh, etc., but it has made a difference in controlling my midsection and maintaining a tighter look.

After my first few years of competing, nothing improved my aesthetics more than learning to control my abdominals via vacuum training and mirror work specifically focusing on shrinking my middle. I'd do this after several sets of hanging leg-raises and roman-chair work.
Thanks to Jason (Iabadman) for his coaching in this and other areas

More than anything, I think work like this gives you more presence of mind over the muscles in your core when you're on stage, so you're more likely to keep things diet versus relaxed.

I'd like to think that doing vacuums contributes to keeping my waist tight, but I know that being able to do a decent one on stage has it's benefits!!!

This is like people who say want big biceps? Just do rows and deadlifts. If you think your biceps will grow their best without being directly stimulated, you're delusional. Obviously we don't want abs to grow too much, but without direct training they'll never develop to their maximum, nor will your ability to control them.

I've made it a point to do vacuums almost daily since I was in shape last summer. I'll never have a deep one like Bumstead, Huh, etc., but it has made a difference in controlling my midsection and maintaining a tighter look.
I agree. I used to never train abs as they always showed up as I got leaner.....I assume from all the core stimulation from squats, dumbbell pullovers, etc.

I always thought I wanted to keep them as small as possible.....but when I finally started training them with resistance....they looked a lot better.

I mean you have to have some thickness there for distinct separation to show....but I still wouldn't want them too thick.

I don't compete...so never really did vacuums. But I think it's something I may start doing.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner