over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Twice a day training

3x per week per body part was fairly common with some of the golden years
bbers. Dan Padilla comes to mind immediately. He was also known for doing quite a bit of running. Best way is to try it for a few weeks .
Worst that will happen will be a nice rebound if you must ease up from over training. Good luck, T
Edit oh yeah if it were me I would do the heavier compond moves in the am iso moves at night. T

Last edited:
as long as your not overtraining muscle groups,you should be ok. overtraining will cause you to become catabolic.

U cant over train a muscle to make it catabolic. U can only overtrain ur cns.

3x per week per body part was fairly common with some of the golden years
bbers. Dan Padilla comes to mind immediately. He was also known for doing quite a bit of running. Best way is to try it for a few weeks .
Worst that will happen will be a nice rebound if you must ease up from over training. Good luck, T
Edit oh yeah if it were me I would do the heavier compond moves in the am iso moves at night. T

I would do muscles 3 times per week if I had the time.

I do Monday- legs shoulder, I do power moves heavy presses bar, Swiss bar, kb.. Squats, DL, lunges ext. the I do a Crossfit metcon. I chose the muscle groups I'm training that day and do high reps. That way I get to move lots of weight and muscle conditioning and cardio in on routine..

Tues- strong man lifts. Sand bag training, tire throws.. I up pace and do a light Crossfit wall balls jump ropes swings ext

Wed- chest and back.. Same as Monday principle wise.. Do ring dips and lots off pull-ups.

Thurs- off

Friday- powercleans, presses, snatches.. Lat raises and Crossfit metcon

Saturday- arms then Crossfit metcon

My metcons I hardly ever go over 12 reps on the weights.. If I do Dl,
Swings and handstand pu I do like 8-15-21

I know a few recommend this type of training for limited periods of time. I think large muscle group in the morning and smaller one in the evening.

I'm thinking of trying a weights workout in the morning then a predominantly kettlebell higher rep fast workout in the evening for fat loss to see how things go

I train 2 times a day all the time, BJJ/MMA/Boxing in the AM, crossfit or Weights in the PM...not over-trained, no injuries or problems. Allows me to eat way more & stay lean. If you enjoy it, why not.

If your gonna do weights twice a day, you kind of have it backwards. the european bodybuilders go heavy basic moves in am and then lighter weight isolation movements at a higher intensity in pm, drop sets, forced reps, rest pause, short rest. etc. that is for the same muscle. having said that, it is gonna be tough, extremely tough for a guy to squat 315lbs at 6 or 7 am, then go off to work all day and then hit legs again in the evening. but maybe the other muscle groups could certainly not be too tough on the body and mind.

T NATION | East European Bodybuilding

Last edited:
U cant over train a muscle to make it catabolic. U can only overtrain ur cns.

what was your point in posting this?

I believe he was say n its not your muscles going catabolic but your central nervous system needs a break

I would do muscles 3 times per week if I had the time.

If I'm careful not to overstimulate my CNS, I train lagging bodyparts 2-3x weekly. I focus on the mind-muscle element, contractions, drawing blood in the muscle, etc. Not so much on "moving weight." I grow better this way. HIT training just made me strong but it beat the shit out of my CNS.

I was just posting that you cant overtrain a specific muscle to make it catabolic... Maybe i misinterpertated you but what i mean is overtraining has nothing to do with training a specific body part. It's not that acute. Overtraining refers to CNS fatigue.

LOL u serious? So you tap into muscles because a human being trains twice a day?

I "exercise" 3x a day.

Morning cardio, then a bodypart during lunch break, and a body part at night.

I am putting on lots of muscle and burning off lots of fat at a very fast pace.

Bottom line is....training twice a day will only FURTHER your gains, as each and every time you weight train, you raise your metabolic rate and protein synthesis. As long as you are feeding yourself well, ANYONE can train twice a day and GAIN muscle, NOT lose it.

I did very well with training 2x per day when I was in college. It worked wonders for me. IMO it works as long as you don't increase the volume of your training just because youre in the gym two different times. If your one training session used to last almost 2 hours then the total of your 2 daily training sessions shouldn't last more than 2 hours, each one is under 1 hour now. In and out quick allows you to exercise more intensely when youre in the gym and then you get to go home and eat and rest up for the next session. Where people get into trouble is when they feel like they haven't trained hard enough during each session so they start adding more sets or more exercises so they are in the gym longer each day. Oh, and I was natural then too, didn't take anything.

^^^ Great Post! This is exactly the way I approach my training.

I was just posting that you cant overtrain a specific muscle to make it catabolic... Maybe i misinterpertated you but what i mean is overtraining has nothing to do with training a specific body part. It's not that acute. Overtraining refers to CNS fatigue.

i tend to agree. certain exercises that really work the larger muscles like quads and back will dig into cns more then others, so moderation. just have to listen to your body

lol! i see......guess i misunderstood. im running tren and i guess it seemed like you were trying to be a smart ass. sorry bout that. thanks for the clarification :)

Twice a day...Yes!

I started twice a day last December...not because of choice but necessary because of a work schedule change. At first it was hard to get psyched up for the 2nd workout...but now I love it and have made huge jumps in strength and muscle size.

Lots of good information here. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131