over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

twice a day training

For me my logbook dictates things quite well, if I can't progress lifts something is wrong. Obv going into a prep too fat means you need to expend/ restrict calories harder so that can void lift progressions, but start prep lean- grow all the way in, using weights as your main way to expend energy

have seen some of your lifts you use good form

out of interest can you post some of your numbers in various exercises.

also what your comp plans are for the next year or 2? Why didnt you compete at the british last week and doing the universe instead isnt the british bigger?

How does your trainingsplit looks like in off season?

Pretty similar but without double sessions per day. It's a basic 4 day split.... I will progress up to 5,6 and ultimately 7 days, then back it down to 4 for a while But honestly I stick with 5 most of the time utilizing the Light Chest/ Delt day on Weds.

Mon: Arms
Tues: OFF ~or~ Light Legs
Weds: OFF ~or~ Light Chest/ Delts
Thurs: PM Heavy Back
Fri: OFF
Sat: Heavy Legs
Sun: Heavy Chest/ Delts

i split mine

day 1 back am chest pm
day 2 quads am hams pm
day 3 delts am arms pm
day 4 hit sprints on bike am liss pm

as that went on i added liss to each am, and then to pre bed too. some extra hit was alternated with liss on days i thought lets go at this, but that imo was overkill on twice a day work and likely saw cortisol rise too high for my body to keep dropping fat

I like this.. I mean REALLY like this... Doing Fortitude training, I think I can do something like this when I begin dieting:

Day 1 AM: Heavy Legs / PM: Pump upper
Day 2 AM: heavy upper / PM: Pump Lower
Day 3 AM: HIIT / PM:LISS
Day 4 AM: Muscle rounds lower / PM: Muscle Rounds Upper
Day 5 AM: Muscle rounds upper / PM: Muscle rounds lower
Day 6 AM: HIIT / PM: LISS
Day 7: Start back at Day 1

The big issue for me is work and traffic... I wish I was at a 24 hour gym, then I could make this work easily

If I did do this, I may add a little volume to each session... with my metabolism I'd need to eat a LOT...

Last edited:
so who at present likes to train twice a day in a dieting phase? for me in this last prep i really did favour twice a day work, training 3 days on 1 day off, i found adding energy expenditure from extra resistance sessions, saw a huge positive on my overall look ( fuller, bigger throughout prep)

so as weeks go by, instead of adding cardio on cardio, who has started at 4 weights sessions a week, upto 5 upto 6 , then to one day a week of twice a day, then 2 days a week twice a day..up until hitting 12 weights sessions week. i have never enjoyed a prep so much doing this, as i love to lift weights

Can you share how your macros were set up? Did you keep carbs around lifting sessions only?

doing this correctly is what seperates the winners from the regulars.

i tried this and failed miserably.

Have you given it another shot? Tried changing things up a bit maybe?

I only did twice a day training for fat loss and it always included cardio. Not the best option for retaining muscle mass. Then again, I never wanted to compete (lousy genetics, I admit) so it was never really a big deal for me.

2 a days makes for a long day when you have a full time job.

It does, and then add grad school on top of it... I did it... and graduated with a 3.94/4.0 gpa... it is just about how bad you want it...

I like this.. I mean REALLY like this... Doing Fortitude training, I think I can do something like this when I begin dieting:

Day 1 AM: Heavy Legs / PM: Pump upper
Day 2 AM: heavy upper / PM: Pump Lower
Day 3 AM: HIIT / PM:LISS
Day 4 AM: Muscle rounds lower / PM: Muscle Rounds Upper
Day 5 AM: Muscle rounds upper / PM: Muscle rounds lower
Day 6 AM: HIIT / PM: LISS
Day 7: Start back at Day 1

The big issue for me is work and traffic... I wish I was at a 24 hour gym, then I could make this work easily

If I did do this, I may add a little volume to each session... with my metabolism I'd need to eat a LOT...

This split looks absolutely amazing. How many sets/exercises would you do per body part?

This split looks absolutely amazing. How many sets/exercises would you do per body part?

I'm going to keep that to myself until I actually decide to try it... Have you read Fortitude Training?

It would be very very similar to the set/rep scheme there, but due to the splitting of session I would make my own few little tweaks...

On paper, yeah, this seems great, but until I actually try it, I don't want to speculate things that will and will not work... essentially, I like to test dummy things on myself before putting something out there for someone else to read or try themselves

I'm going to keep that to myself until I actually decide to try it... Have you read Fortitude Training?

It would be very very similar to the set/rep scheme there, but due to the splitting of session I would make my own few little tweaks...

On paper, yeah, this seems great, but until I actually try it, I don't want to speculate things that will and will not work... essentially, I like to test dummy things on myself before putting something out there for someone else to read or try themselves

You will have to let us know how that works out when you try. I do like the split and the general structure of it :)

Thank you

You will have to let us know how that works out when you try. I do like the split and the general structure of it :)

Thank you

It's just tough to do doubles because of where I work... I do have a flex schedule but to save a lot of time from waiting in traffic it is much better to get in work early

It's just tough to do doubles because of where I work... I do have a flex schedule but to save a lot of time from waiting in traffic it is much better to get in work early

If your work schedule is hectic I can see making it to the gym twice a day being a hassle. Hopefully you can work it out. The layout of that split looks very good.

Great thread and very interested in the topic. I havent tried two-a-days while cutting yet but would like too.

The computer geek in me has me a bit obsessive about frequent body fat testing and looking at the numbers to show what muscle lost or gained might have occurred since last test. The data probably makes this stick out more to me then most would notice on there own but I definitely see a increase in muscle loss while cutting whenever I add cardio into my training. I've experimented with adding cardio in only under 10% bf, for different session lengths, different nutritional intake, intensity levels etc - bottom line was always the same, when cardio was added there was an increase to LBM loss.

Anyway I was wondering if 2-a-days would be a better way to go and eliminate the need for cardio while be more muscle sparring. Some questions I have:

Can one really go that low in BF with lifting and diet alone?
How long can someone do 2-a-days without negative results?
Does over training become an issue?

Great thread and very interested in the topic. I havent tried two-a-days while cutting yet but would like too.

The computer geek in me has me a bit obsessive about frequent body fat testing and looking at the numbers to show what muscle lost or gained might have occurred since last test. The data probably makes this stick out more to me then most would notice on there own but I definitely see a increase in muscle loss while cutting whenever I add cardio into my training. I've experimented with adding cardio in only under 10% bf, for different session lengths, different nutritional intake, intensity levels etc - bottom line was always the same, when cardio was added there was an increase to LBM loss.

Anyway I was wondering if 2-a-days would be a better way to go and eliminate the need for cardio while be more muscle sparring. Some questions I have:

Can one really go that low in BF with lifting and diet alone?
How long can someone do 2-a-days without negative results?
Does over training become an issue?

I achieved my contest conditioning on diet and training alone... but I believe it comes down to the individual's metabolism, as mine is very fast...

I think the other two question come down to the individual as many variables come into play... Just a few could be daily activities, job, stress levels, metabolism, digestive health, immune system, sleep and sleep patterns, joint health, use of supplements and what one does during their training sessions...

I think the only way to tell is to monitor yourself very closely. Are you missing lifts, are you sleeping well, are you digesting food, are you feeling energized, are you experiencing serious fatigue... if you feel health start to decline and training performance suffers, I'd say it is time to back off, but as a temporary over-reaching strategy, not overtraining, I feel this would be fine... do doubles until you feel wiped, say 6 weeks, then decrease frequency for a few...

I recall doing doubles on big beyond belief and didn't take a break and just became so wiped out and fatigued I didn't even have the energy to get up and go to work... this was when I thought I was invincible and cruising wasn't needed... boy was I living in a fantasy lol

Last edited:
I love training like this.... i like to keep my sessions short (1 hour)..... I train for 45 minutes on my lunch break.... a small body part (abs, calves, bis or tris, traps) at lunch and then the large parts at 5pm (1 hour).... works for me

I achieved my contest conditioning on diet and training alone... but I believe it comes down to the individual's metabolism, as mine is very fast...

I think the other two question come down to the individual as many variables come into play... Just a few could be daily activities, job, stress levels, metabolism, digestive health, immune system, sleep and sleep patterns, joint health, use of supplements and what one does during their training sessions...

I think the only way to tell is to monitor yourself very closely. Are you missing lifts, are you sleeping well, are you digesting food, are you feeling energized, are you experiencing serious fatigue... if you feel health start to decline and training performance suffers, I'd say it is time to back off, but as a temporary over-reaching strategy, not overtraining, I feel this would be fine... do doubles until you feel wiped, say 6 weeks, then decrease frequency for a few...

I recall doing doubles on big beyond belief and didn't take a break and just became so wiped out and fatigued I didn't even have the energy to get up and go to work... this was when I thought I was invincible and cruising wasn't needed... boy was I living in a fantasy lol

Thanks for the reply! I usually do fine with exercise and diet alone down to about 10%. Usually stall at that point and then add cardio in. I dont mind the cardio or even getting up at 3am to do it. Just thinking this might be a better way to protect against muscle loss.

Sleep sucks but everything else is usually strictly held too.

And yes I agree I wouldnt think of this in terms of long term use.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear