advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Two a days, active recovery, & the benefit of light weight full body pump workouts

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
When I'm in the zone making good progress I find myself going to the gym more often. I have my set routine, my 5 day split, and that doesn't change. But at least once a week, sometimes 2-3x per week, I go for an additional workout at night, and just do a circuit with light weight hitting every muscle and movement, focusing on the contraction, not at all even remotely fatiguing the muscle, just getting a nice pump and working up a light sweat.

I find this helps my overall recovery and seems to assist gains as well as help with leanness.

I used to see Kai Green videos back in the day and he would always be in the gym doing these kinds of workouts, just hitting every body part with real light weight, and I used to wonder what he was doing, but now I think I get it.

At my age I train way to hard to do ANYTHING extra, I find I have a hard time recovering training only 4 days a week, extra anything would just be counterproductive for me.

100% man. I make my best gains doing that, or maybe playing a sport a couple times a week, or martial arts.

Something about light exercise that induces blood flow and incurs a bit of calorie burn - you can eat more, don’t stress the muscle fibers or impact your CNS, etc.

I hear pretty mixed reviews about UA shoes.
I had one pair they were ok I see a lot of people wearing them. I'm a new balance guy.

For the op I think overall we play s balancing act between stimulus ( training frequency z intensity, volume) and recovery (stress, leisure, sleep, good).

What your doing is probably beneficial as long as it's not messing with recovery. That could even be as simple as those extra 2 sessions causing you to get 2 less hours sleep over the week in which case it's probably a net negative.

I found the thread on feeder sets interesting. Seems like there is some new research and alot of the science guys are starting to post more about hit type low volume vs high volume/rir.

I love doing this. Increased heart rate, respiration, maybe a small pump but I keep it aerobic. Once I start exerting too hard or feeling a burn, I've gone anaerobic which I think swings it back the other way toward counterproductivity in this aging body of mine.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131