over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Two Comps in two days, how to stay dry?

bio67

Newbies
Next weekend I am going to do back to back shows on Saturday and Sunday. My regular peak week protocol is all sorted for doing one show as is usually the case, but I need some assistance here from the guys in the know how to try and keep my conditioning/dryness going from the one show to the next the following day. Both shows start at 2pm and my line-up (masters) is up early - 3rd-4th line up and its also live judging, in other words no pre-judging.

Any inputs from people that have done something like this before will be highly appreciated, after all its "Professional Muscle"

do your normal protocol for saturday.

Then Hydrate and eat. after the show have a cheat meal to fuck it fill out everyone always looks better the day after anyways. cut water at 10 pm

wake up have some sips until your show and eat light.

Thats how I would do it

Thx Cito, yip its sounds like a logical plan that you have laid out there, something that I also think can work?:lightbulb:

Anybody else wants to chime in to agree or disagree on the suggestion made by Cito?

This is what I would do as well. Just be smart wth your water intake, you need some for sure after the first show and with meals but then cut it out at night and the next morning

I agree with Cito... just don't get too crazy with the cheat meal.....I love a burger with sweet potato fries.

I agree with Cito... just don't get too crazy with the cheat meal.....I love a burger with sweet potato fries.

I love burgers and fries to fill out.

Ok good, seems there is some sort of consensus here; Rehydrate after the first show and have a not to lavish cheat meal e.g. burger and fries, cut water again at 10pm and try to stay dry till stage time next day. Any suggestions on diuretics? Normally Friday evenings I take a dyazide when cutting water 10pm. Obviously I will asses my conditioning but do you think it would be wise to use another the Saturday evening after the 1st show or rather wait till Sunday morning and use a faster acting diuretic if necessary?:confused:

Ok good, seems there is some sort of consensus here; Rehydrate after the first show and have a not to lavish cheat meal e.g. burger and fries, cut water again at 10pm and try to stay dry till stage time next day. Any suggestions on diuretics? Normally Friday evenings I take a dyazide when cutting water 10pm. Obviously I will asses my conditioning but do you think it would be wise to use another the Saturday evening after the 1st show or rather wait till Sunday morning and use a faster acting diuretic if necessary?:confused:

I take 1/4 diazide at a time, 1/4 with each meal starting the evening before the show and continuing all the day of the show. I eat real meals every 3 hours from 5am of the show. Each meal gets 1/4 diazide and a few sips of water. I don't do that rice cake and natural peanut butter bull crap. My meals are pancakes, bacon, eggs, syrup every 3 hours with only sips of water and my magic diazide. I keep taurine around for cramping.

I wouldn't eat a cheat to fill out at all be smart....Use Rice, Steak ect things that you are used to eating. You could cause gastric distress from taking in some junk your body is not used to and your midsection could be a bit more distended or possible spill over. Keep a tight waste play it smart watch water consumption,Sodium ect. If you are truly lean enough you will not have much issue as long as you play it smart. Def get hydrated after 1st show do not go crazy then consistently feed pose ect to help pull glycogen into muscles. Dyazide is a great diuretic and anytime I have ever taken though was 1/4-1/2 every 6 hrs.

After your first show, definitely get hydrated but do not go crazy. Eating a cheat meal or not would depend on how you look for Saturday show. If you are very dry, a cheat might work, but if you overspilled a little for your Saturday show, you might want to eat clean foods and play it safe.

If needed, a small dose of dyazide after your cut off water, should work well, and only if it's necessary, a small dose Sunday morning. Again, this will all depend on how you look. Hopefully, you will not have to take much in the form of diuretics.

Thanks for all the info guys, I really have learned a few things and is going to try doing my Diazide smaller dosages ,(Qaurter tbs) more often like every couple of hours and follow the advices regarding the food/water intake. Hopefully I will be able to give some positive feedback on Monday!:cool:

I would not eat a burger. Beef is the hardest to digest and causes bloating as well. Honestly why any protein at all? Good carbs fill you out, not protein. You aren't trying to gain muscle or any thing at this point. This is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. But filling out for a show and filling out for a expo or something is different. How many people you know ruin there prep by eating pizza or burgers and get soggy?

Last edited:
Next weekend I am going to do back to back shows on Saturday and Sunday. My regular peak week protocol is all sorted for doing one show as is usually the case, but I need some assistance here from the guys in the know how to try and keep my conditioning/dryness going from the one show to the next the following day.
When do you carb up for the first show? What do you do with water?

Your first show protocol and response should dictate the second day.

When do you carb up for the first show? What do you do with water?

Your first show protocol and response should dictate the second day.

Started to load water on Sunday, keep it high 5-6 liters per day till Friday, then cut at 10pm ( I don't do tapering) Carb loading Thuesday afternoon till Thursday. Friday I go back to a low carb for the day to give me time to loose some water if I spilled a bit and also get the water moving. Friday evening will start some Diazide as mentioned above. Salt stays normal till Thursday, Friday I don't add any salt to my food but still eat foods that contain natural salt eg egg whites. Saturday morning when dry will start to put back salt and also fill up a bit again as the diuretics will cause to loose some fullness.

I wouldn't rehydrate much or take a cheat meal. I would keep Saturday afternoon much like Friday and use Sunday morning to add a few carbs if you needed to fill out and dry out a little more.

Consider bodybuilders like Dorian wouldn't binge after a show because he had photo shoots the following day. You might look awesome on day 2 following a shit load. But you also might spill. Then there's little you can do. Too many unknown variables, throwing that Hail Mary. You've dieted this long, what's another day to wait for the burger?

Scott Stevenson has an article on John Meadows' site called "one way to skin a bodybuilder." It covers how to measure a safe amount of water for a night show or photos the following day based upon the amount of weight lost while drying out. Since this is information available on the pay site and I immensely respect John and Scott, I'm not going to copy it here. But you might consider checking the mountaindog site.

I wouldn't rehydrate much or take a cheat meal. I would keep Saturday afternoon much like Friday and use Sunday morning to add a few carbs if you needed to fill out and dry out a little more.

Consider bodybuilders like Dorian wouldn't binge after a show because he had photo shoots the following day. You might look awesome on day 2 following a shit load. But you also might spill. Then there's little you can do. Too many unknown variables, throwing that Hail Mary. You've dieted this long, what's another day to wait for the burger?

Scott Stevenson has an article on John Meadows' site called "one way to skin a bodybuilder." It covers how to measure a safe amount of water for a night show or photos the following day based upon the amount of weight lost while drying out. Since this is information available on the pay site and I immensely respect John and Scott, I'm not going to copy it here. But you might consider checking the mountaindog site.

Some very valid points you are making here bud, seems I will have to scale down a bit on the rehydration and meals after 1st show....................Thanks for the inputs:cool:

keep your stress of training continue at the same time we need the healthy blood flow that aerobic exercise can help support to ensure that the brain gets enough oxygen.

I take 1/4 diazide at a time, 1/4 with each meal starting the evening before the show and continuing all the day of the show. I eat real meals every 3 hours from 5am of the show. Each meal gets 1/4 diazide and a few sips of water. I don't do that rice cake and natural peanut butter bull crap. My meals are pancakes, bacon, eggs, syrup every 3 hours with only sips of water and my magic diazide. I keep taurine around for cramping.

Hi JohnJuan

What strength Dyazide are u using, the 50mg tb (that you break into quarters?)

I am going to try this method as well, just want to make sure I get the dosages right........

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws