advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TWO KEYS TO FAT LOSS (IT'S NOT THAT HARD)

Geardepot

Guaranteed Sponsor
Registered
Sponsors
Definitely the Deficit.
There are several different ways you can approach fat loss when it comes to food:
1.  Eat whatever you like, just eat less of it and achieve a calorie deficit that way.
2.  Eat larger amounts of very satiating (filling) low-calorie foods and achieve a calorie deficit that way.
3.  Eat many small frequent meals spread over the course of the day and achieve a calorie deficit that way.
4.  Eat fewer larger meals and achieve a calorie deficit that way.
5.  Cut out a major macronutrient like fat or carbohydrates and achieve a calorie deficit that way.
6.  Spend a large portion of your day or week avoiding food (I.e. fasting) and achieve a calorie deficit that way.

Do you spot a theme here? Basically, if a diet works it's working because it's helping you achieve a calorie deficit – consuming a below-maintenance number of calories – whether you're aware of it or not.

The Reverse is Also True
If a diet isn't working, it's because it is NOT aiding you in creating that deficit over the long term. In fact, all of the approaches mentioned above can, in susceptible individuals, result in calorie excess leading to no results or even weight gain.
You can fast for half the day and still consume too many calories in your feeding window. You can cut out all carbs and still consume too many calories from fats. You get the idea.
We all know how this works. It's about sustainability. Does the approach you choose lead to effortless, consistent calorie reduction, or a brief deficit followed by surplus intake?

The Hormonal Effects

So what's behind the ability to effortlessly create a calorie deficit? It's the hormonal effects of food: how your meals control hunger, energy, and cravings.
I'm not talking about insulin and sex hormones as much as I'm referring to hunger hormones, brain chemistry, and stress hormones.
To lose fat and keep it off requires two things:
1.  A calorie deficit
And...
2.  Ongoing suppression of hunger and cravings (i.e. hormonal metabolic balance).
The approach you choose needs to achieve both. And that's going to depend on your unique physiology, psychology, and personal preferences.
"What about food quality? That's equally as important as food quantity, right?"
For you it may be. For most it may be. You can't say for sure which is more important to the individual in front of you. To do so illustrates both ignorance (not realizing there may be things we don't know or yet understand) and arrogance (being absolutely convinced we are correct and therefore are less likely to even consider that we may not know.)
One example is the overly fat person. I would rather see him include Oreos in his diet and remain in calorie deficit than eat boatloads of blueberries and stay in calorie excess.
That being said, more often than not (for most but not all) a focus on quality over quantity is the best approach. Quality foods typically better suppress hunger and cravings.
GD

Definitely the Deficit.

There are several different ways you can approach fat loss when it comes to food:

1.  Eat whatever you like, just eat less of it and achieve a calorie deficit that way.

2.  Eat larger amounts of very satiating (filling) low-calorie foods and achieve a calorie deficit that way.

3.  Eat many small frequent meals spread over the course of the day and achieve a calorie deficit that way.

4.  Eat fewer larger meals and achieve a calorie deficit that way.

5.  Cut out a major macronutrient like fat or carbohydrates and achieve a calorie deficit that way.

6.  Spend a large portion of your day or week avoiding food (I.e. fasting) and achieve a calorie deficit that way.

Do you spot a theme here? Basically, if a diet works it's working because it's helping you achieve a calorie deficit – consuming a below-maintenance number of calories – whether you're aware of it or not.

The Reverse is Also True

If a diet isn't working, it's because it is NOT aiding you in creating that deficit over the long term. In fact, all of the approaches mentioned above can, in susceptible individuals, result in calorie excess leading to no results or even weight gain.

You can fast for half the day and still consume too many calories in your feeding window. You can cut out all carbs and still consume too many calories from fats. You get the idea.

We all know how this works. It's about sustainability. Does the approach you choose lead to effortless, consistent calorie reduction, or a brief deficit followed by surplus intake?

The Hormonal Effects

So what's behind the ability to effortlessly create a calorie deficit? It's the hormonal effects of food: how your meals control hunger, energy, and cravings.

I'm not talking about insulin and sex hormones as much as I'm referring to hunger hormones, brain chemistry, and stress hormones.

To lose fat and keep it off requires two things:

1.  A calorie deficit

And...

2.  Ongoing suppression of hunger and cravings (i.e. hormonal metabolic balance).

The approach you choose needs to achieve both. And that's going to depend on your unique physiology, psychology, and personal preferences.

"What about food quality? That's equally as important as food quantity, right?"

For you it may be. For most it may be. You can't say for sure which is more important to the individual in front of you. To do so illustrates both ignorance (not realizing there may be things we don't know or yet understand) and arrogance (being absolutely convinced we are correct and therefore are less likely to even consider that we may not know.)

One example is the overly fat person. I would rather see him include Oreos in his diet and remain in calorie deficit than eat boatloads of blueberries and stay in calorie excess.

That being said, more often than not (for most but not all) a focus on quality over quantity is the best approach. Quality foods typically better suppress hunger and cravings.

GD
Good Post bro

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Excellent post sir! For me, I have to cut back on food volume first, then cut out some foods.

Fasting FTW! Unless I'm trying to build more muscle. But for maintaining and staying lean I love fasting!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

title should be changed to weight loss instead of fat loss

fat loss is a bit different than weight loss, although a calorie deficit may be true, i believe other things are significant, ie protein intake, sex hormones, growth hormone, thyroid hormone, insulin sensitivity

Fasting is my favorite, 62 hours fasted right now, also do aIF most days.
62 hrs!?!? How in tf can you do that, i think I’d murder some baby bunnies after 24... can you tell me more about this, the results, how to stay out of low blood sugar during this?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131