advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

type of doctor for reading thyroid chart/meds?

So essentially your paying out the ass for these liberal scripts.I have to disagree about them being more knowlegable.
Have you researched some of the HRT clinics? ever read the background on the history or specialties of these "liberal prescribing " docs? They are practicing outside the scope of their education most of the time.

I think you may have misconstrued what I meant by "liberal prescribing" docs. Many physicians are hesitant to write prescriptions if you are anywhere close to the normal range, even if it is at the bottom of the range and you are symptomatic. Let me give you an example. I have a patient who currently is at the very low end of normal on her free T3(she has been on 100 mcg of synthroid for several decades without any adjustment to the dosage despite now being 100 pounds heavier than when she started). Her normal body temperature is 97.0, she is always cold, gaining weight even when eating and exercising properly, and numerous other symptoms of hypothyroidism. However, the doctor will not modify the dosage because she is in the "normal" range(he also has never done a reverse T3 either but that is a whole different story). Therefore when I refer to "liberal prescribing" docs I am referring to those that are more apt to prescribe when there is definitely an indication for the need. I think you may have been under the impression that I was using the term as referring to docs that will simply prescribe things because you ask and are the paying customer.

I think you may have misconstrued what I meant by "liberal prescribing" docs. Many physicians are hesitant to write prescriptions if you are anywhere close to the normal range, even if it is at the bottom of the range and you are symptomatic. Let me give you an example. I have a patient who currently is at the very low end of normal on her free T3(she has been on 100 mcg of synthroid for several decades without any adjustment to the dosage despite now being 100 pounds heavier than when she started). Her normal body temperature is 97.0, she is always cold, gaining weight even when eating and exercising properly, and numerous other symptoms of hypothyroidism. However, the doctor will not modify the dosage because she is in the "normal" range(he also has never done a reverse T3 either but that is a whole different story). Therefore when I refer to "liberal prescribing" docs I am referring to those that are more apt to prescribe when there is definitely an indication for the need. I think you may have been under the impression that I was using the term as referring to docs that will simply prescribe things because you ask and are the paying customer.

Oh okay gotcha.I did kinda think you meant basically pay for a script .

While it would make sense that an endocrinologist would be most knowledgeable in this area, my experience with patients I've recommended to them have been horrid. I would recommend finding a physician that is either certified with A4M(american academy of anti-aging medicine) or a member of ACAM(american college for advancement in medicine). They can be found at worldhealth.net and acamnet.org respectively and have a database of physicians that you can search by city, zip code, etc... Most of the physicians with these organizations will be more knowledgeable in this type of arena and more liberal with the scripts for helping you out. When it comes to thyroid the blood work can help guide you but you really need to treat the patient and not the numbers. In other words, just because you may have numbers in the low normal range you may also have classic symptoms and normal for you may need to be higher. Most of the A4M and ACAM docs tend to think outside the box and will take this into account. Hope this helps.

great advice man. I dont have insurance so this will be out of pocket. I had blood drawn on friday and am waiting for results, then I need to find a doc to bring them to and determine if I need a script. the naturapaths here can write scripts so maybe it depends on the state or maybe shes a regular doc AND naturapth hell I dunno. I just know she hands out herbal crap and can write scripts too lol.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws