over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

UFC 116**CAUTION****SPOILER**SPOILER**

Brock won..................yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'll give Brock the respect he deserves. I don't think the fight proved much of anything on either side of the fence. It was to short.

I'm not gonna whine though about how Brock got lucky with a choke like all you lovers did when mir got the leg lock on him.

Brock won fair and square and has definitely improved. I felt the fight should have been stopped in the first. But the ref makes that call. I've seen them get stopped for alot less with fighters doing more work than covering there face with both forearms.

I still don't think this fight proved much other than that Brock can take a punch(what fighter can't), and Shane needs to work on his conditioning, and rely more on his skill sets than his knock out power.

Brock deserves the belt for now.......................

WOW, the D1 D2 difference didnt have a damn thing to do with that fight. Carwin rocked the shit outta Lesnar and tried to finish him like anyone else wouldve. He punched himself out and by some miracle the ref didnt stop the fight. Any fighter would be out of it if they threw that many punches in such a short period of time. I would love to see a punch count from carwin in that first round.

It clearly did because Brock won

You truly believe their college wrestling experience was the difference in that fight?

Inside the Numbers: Carwin threw 100 total strikes in round one, landing 57- an exorbinant amount for a 265-lb-plus fighter, before totally gassing in round two. Lesnar, bloodied and nearing a tko loss, absorbed 57 strikes during those five minutes, with 47 coming from the ground.

thats from **broken link removed**

thats why the fight ended the way it did. Carwin punched himself out and completely gassed. My grandmother couldve taken carwin down in the 2nd as gassed as he was.

You truly believe their college wrestling experience was the difference in that fight?

Inside the Numbers: Carwin threw 100 total strikes in round one, landing 57- an exorbinant amount for a 265-lb-plus fighter, before totally gassing in round two. Lesnar, bloodied and nearing a tko loss, absorbed 57 strikes during those five minutes, with 47 coming from the ground.

thats from **broken link removed**

thats why the fight ended the way it did. Carwin punched himself out and completely gassed. My grandmother couldve taken carwin down in the 2nd as gassed as he was.

I disagree.

Even when gassed sprawling and throwing a whizzer in and just sitting on top of the guy coming in and laying all your weight on him is pretty easy even if exhausted if your a decent wrestler. I use to do it all the time when tired to get a little rest and put my weight on top of the other and they would use more energy trying to get back to their feet with my weight on them pressing them towards the mat.

I just think Brock is just a better wrestled with a wicked strong shot that eventually he was going to get a clear shot and take Carwin down eventually regardless if he was tired or not.

Not comparing D1 to D2 though. Because John Jones wrestled and a two year college and tossed the shit out of Matt Hamil.

Last edited:
Out boxed, but never out wrestled. Brock got out of being pinned down on the mat and the two of them were on their feet leaning against the cage at the end of the first round. Another 30 secs and Brock would have had Carwin on his back. Then at the beginning of the second round Lesnar easily, yeah easily, had a take down and was on top of Carwin. Lesnar was clearly the better wrestler.

Exactly what I said is exactly what happened. Out of 3-4 takedown attempts, he (Brock) got one sloppy takedown that was reversed immediately. All of his other attempts were stuffed buy Carwin's superior wrestling. And you can't say what might have happened because well, it didn't. "Another 30 secs and Brock would have had Carwin on his back." Yeah, and if his aunt had balls, she'd be his uncle.
The second round, well, it's more than obvious that Carwin had gassed out. A far lesser opponent could've taken Shane down at that point. I don't think that any special talent was displayed in the one and only clean Brock takedown of the event. It was a straight-forward, garden-variety takedown.
At any rate, I'm thrilled that The Brockken won. I think he's a far better and more interesting champ than the mono-tone Carwin. The ends justified the means but I stand by my previous statement and I believe the video validates it.

The fight showed Brock covered with ring rust. It'll be interesting to see a rematch between the two when both are sharp - and Carwin has worked on his cardio.

Exactly what I said is exactly what happened. Out of 3-4 takedown attempts, he (Brock) got one sloppy takedown that was reversed immediately. All of his other attempts were stuffed buy Carwin's superior wrestling. And you can't say what might have happened because well, it didn't. "Another 30 secs and Brock would have had Carwin on his back." Yeah, and if his aunt had balls, she'd be his uncle.
The second round, well, it's more than obvious that Carwin had gassed out. A far lesser opponent could've taken Shane down at that point. I don't think that any special talent was displayed in the one and only clean Brock takedown of the event. It was a straight-forward, garden-variety takedown.
At any rate, I'm thrilled that The Brockken won. I think he's a far better and more interesting champ than the mono-tone Carwin. The ends justified the means but I stand by my previous statement and I believe the video validates it.

Youre dillusional if you think that guy is a better wrestler than Brock Lesnar. I would love to just see the two of them wrestle. That would be more entertaining to me than the fight we saw last night. I dont think there is any way that Brock would lose a wrestling match to that man.

I enjoyed watching that fight. I'd like to see a rematch.
Brock is growing on me. Showed some character. (In a positive way this time.)

Youre dillusional if you think that guy is a better wrestler than Brock Lesnar. I would love to just see the two of them wrestle. That would be more entertaining to me than the fight we saw last night. I dont think there is any way that Brock would lose a wrestling match to that man.

He wouldn't have to worry about getting hit with any type of strike and and would beat Cawin in a straight up wrestling match.

I'd like to see brock wrestle jon jones

I think people are giving Brock a hard time because they expect him to completely dominate every single one of his opponents - but that's not completely fair. When Big Nog lasts 3 rounds with someone who is dominating him and gets the victory at the last second, they call that a war. When GSP grinds his opponents down and wins a decision, they call him a dominate fighter. When Brock gets tagged in the first round, then recovers to win by submission in the early second round, they call it lucky! What???

All that matters is who is holding up their hands at the end of the fight.

I think people are giving Brock a hard time because they expect him to completely dominate every single one of his opponents - but that's not completely fair. When Big Nog lasts 3 rounds with someone who is dominating him and gets the victory at the last second, they call that a war. When GSP grinds his opponents down and wins a decision, they call him a dominate fighter. When Brock gets tagged in the first round, then recovers to win by submission in the early second round, they call it lucky! What???

All that matters is who is holding up their hands at the end of the fight.

It's true, the W is the W. But Brock didnt just get tagged in the first, he got pounded into the ring and by some miracle Rosenthal didnt stop it. If Carwin would've had any semblance of cardio at all, it would've continued in the 2nd.

I.M.O., carwin got excited in that fight like brock did in his first fight against mir. He allowed the adrenaline of the moment to flood his muscles and he completely gassed himself throwing too many punches trying to stop it. If he would've been a bit more choosy with his shots, he would've stopped it.

That being said, carwin learned a valuable lesson there, training for multiple rounds and actually going multiple rounds are two different things. Hopefully all he does from now on is train cardio.

Last edited:

First off, don't call me any names (Spellcheck is your friend). If you don't know how to disagree civilly, learn. Secondly, did I say that Carwin is a better wrestler than Brock or did I say that Carwin out-wrestled Brock THAT night? Big difference.

Last edited:
I watched the fight again, and I think part of Carwin 'gassing' had to do with him simply having to come out and face Brock for another round. What I mean is that Carwin was thrown off by the fight not being stopped, then looking across the ring and seeing Brock basically ready to go - acting that way anyhow. If you get thrown off mentally, it can kill your energy levels. Yeah, Carwin needs to work on cardio, but I think some of it was mental. They'll be fighting again anyway, once Brock gets through boring ass Cain V. The guy's a great wrestler but has zilch for punching power, which is why the announcers had to spend time telling us how 'technically' good Cain's standup is. At least Cain got rid of the horribly overrated Kongo. :rolleyes:

Cain V. The guy's a great wrestler but has zilch for punching power

Yeah, he only knocked out big nog, something even Fedor didnt do.

Carwin will get the winner of Brock and Cane. The brock Carwin thing will go down about 3 or 4 more times i think. Just too good of a match up not to. And it will bring in soooo much money.

Im glad Mir shut his mouth. he isn't even in the top 3 of the heavy weights.

How you guys think Brock and Carwin would do against Overeem. Take down and ground and pound him ?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws