over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

UFC 118 - EDGAR vs PENN 2

I didnt like this card that well. Couture and Tomey was like a circus fight for me. I'm suprised Dana White signed him but I beleive he did it too prove a point more than anything. Edgar dominated Penn and Kenny Florian was disappointing.

The reason Dana gave Toney a fight was because Toney hounded him. He was running his mouth about how Boxers are superior to MMA fighers and such. So Dana gave him what he wanted.

Damn I love Frankie Edgar!!!! He showed that the first fight was no fluke and that anyone who for whatever reason thought the first fight was controversial, put all that crap to bed. I like Maynard, but I don't think Gray has the tools to beat Edgar. I see Edgar defending at least 3 or 4 more times, maybe more. He definitely solidifed his spot at the top 155lber in the World. This is the guy that has BJ's number at 155. I just hope BJ comes back. I don't want to see him retire yet.

Damn, I didn't do too bad on my main card predictions. 4-1 with Florian being my only loss. I hope Dana has learned his lesson about giving Ruediger another chance. Even after he said Gabe would never fight in the a UFC cage again. Good for Lauzon to get the W in his hometown.

Maynard v Florian was the disappointment of the night for me... I expected it to be a bloody ass war, and it turns into that crap. Florian, as usual, choked on his cup in the big fight...

I don't know how you guys feel but to be honest I thought this was the worst\most dissapointing card I have seen in recent memory. I stopped after the first round of the main event. I totally agree with everyone who says that Edgar has Penn's number, but I think it's more than that. Penn has probs with good wrestlers who train hard and come in well conditioned (GSP being the best example even it wasn't jsut the size disparity). I figured it would be a decision and that it would be Edgar dominating in boring fashion. Samewith the Maynard fight...it was like, "fuck just read out the decision and get the next fight on." No drama at all to this card whatsoever.

Toney didn't get the fight just because he hounded White. He got it cause he was perfect for Coture. Lazy, not a big puncher, still with some name value...perfect. Thing I find interesting is that almost every article I read this morn agrees: the fight proved nothing, because you had a past his prime (by a lot) lazy ass defensive boxer against a well conditioned wrestler. Just a waste of time.

Dana if you are reading this, I am an ex-boxer who was a pretty good heavy handed amatuer, and I too was a lazy ass when it came to training. You can have me for $500K, maybe $400 if you ask nice. I promise I can't look worse :D

I think another thing is we're starting to see more parity in the sport today. Especially at the 155lbers and lighter. It's not that on paper it's a boring matchup, but the guys are so well balanced these days. If you look at WEC you have the same thing. A lot of divisions where you have decisions. Granted you see more exciting fights from time to time. SHOOTO is another example. Draws are quite common amongst some of the best in that promotion. Every now and then, you'll see a card that you'll come away unimpressed. It's just going to happen. We won't see fantastic cards each turn. But no worries, there's enough events now days that you're guarenteed to see 2 or 3, maybe more cards make up for any disappointment you had with this one.

Boxers VS MMA

Mercer was no fluke. Boxers train to hit and knock opponents out. If you get tagged, you will go. And IMO there are few if any MMA fighters who can legitimately hang and trade shots with a good boxer.

Vitor Belfort was an accomplished amatuer in Brazil I think. And when he is focused he is as good as anyone in MMA...unfortunately he often isn't in his training. Anderson Sylva did a few amateur fights too I think?

I completely agree that the majority of MMA like Matt Hughs , Wanderlei Silva , even Shane Carwin , just for example would lose if all they did was go toe to toe with a world class Boxer . I would bet money that even Evander Holyfield at 47, who is still competing would win by TKO against most MMA heavyweights if all they did was stand and strike unless kicks are thrown in . This is why Couture went for the early takedown against Toney instead of trading the whole time like he did with a limited striker like Mark Coleman in his last fight . I guess with MMA , a fighter who is well rounded should explore weaknesses in other fighters who are limited . When the sport first started , it was to see who was the most dominant at their skill , and grapplers , BBJ, judo proved to be superior over boxers , karate experts .

I didnt like this card that well. Couture and Tomey was like a circus fight for me. I'm suprised Dana White signed him but I beleive he did it too prove a point more than anything. Edgar dominated Penn and Kenny Florian was disappointing.

I agree 100%.

Very disappointing card. :mad:

I hate watching one of my favorite fighters (Penn), get his ass handed to him like that for the 2nd time in a row.

He just had no idea how to win that fight.

-Pack

Last edited:
I completely agree that the majority of MMA like Matt Hughs , Wanderlei Silva , even Shane Carwin , just for example would lose if all they did was go toe to toe with a world class Boxer . I would bet money that even Evander Holyfield at 47, who is still competing would win by TKO against most MMA heavyweights if all they did was stand and strike unless kicks are thrown in . This is why Couture went for the early takedown against Toney instead of trading the whole time like he did with a limited striker like Mark Coleman in his last fight . I guess with MMA , a fighter who is well rounded should explore weaknesses in other fighters who are limited . When the sport first started , it was to see who was the most dominant at their skill , and grapplers , BBJ, judo proved to be superior over boxers , karate experts .

Yes, but this isn't boxing. It is MMA where many different approaches are used. In regards to reality, MMA is much more so than boxing. MMA is becoming more popular because it is not only more entertaining to watch, but because it is more realistic. If tow average guys get in a fight on the street, 95% of the time it ends up on the ground. Boxers only need to focus on one dimension of a fight while MMA fighters have to pertain skill in many apsects from the stand up to the ground.

oem softwares

Download delcam softwares for the cheapest price on the internet. Technical support provided if you face any issues in installation. Download links sent to your email after purchase. Visit &#9733 OEM SOFTWARES &#9733 to choose from thousands of softwares.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity