over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

UFC 188 SPOILER ALERT!

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Werdum submits Velasquez in the 3rd round via front choke!...New champ via tapout!!

Werdum was beating Cain badly in the standup too! Had him cut up and bloody!!

Eddie Alvarez beat Gilbert Melendez via split decision.

Werdum submits Velasquez in the 3rd round via front choke!...New champ via tapout!!

did not see that coming..

Front choke? Who taps from a front choke?

Front choke? Who taps from a front choke?

Actually, there were three people tonight! One, on the prelims set a UFC record for fastest submission!

I think most people didn't see this one coming. Werdum has really upped his game as far as standup in the last couple years, but I didn't think he would beat Cain. Cain was getting gassed by the second round which is highly unusual for him since he has always had great cardio. Mexico City is at 7500 feet elavation though...and Werdum started training there a month before the fight....Cain did not. Much props to Werdum....can't wait to see a rematch when Cain isn't carrying so much cage rust from not fighting in so long.

Top 5 subs

1. rear naked choke
2. Guillotine choke
3. Armbar
4. Triangle choke
5. Arm triangle

Eddie Alvarez beat Gilbert Melendez via split decision.

Impressive win for WERDUM,,,he beat CAIN up pretty good,,,standup and the ground game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Werdum wasn't on some PED's because he just looked like he was on another level than Cain and honestly I don't think he is. People may point to ring rust for Cain, but he actually did come out pretty hard. Cain just ran out of gas and it didn't help the shots he was taking. Werdum was also taking a lot of shots and leg kicks, but it didn't seem to affect him. I don't think Cain has as much power as we think he did. He just uses volume to overwhelm his opponent and it didn't work this time. The submission was nothing he was dead tired and fell in to it taking Werdum down. This definitely makes the heavyweight division more interesting going forward.

I wouldn't be surprised if Werdum wasn't on some PED's because he just looked like he was on another level than Cain and honestly I don't think he is. People may point to ring rust for Cain, but he actually did come out pretty hard. Cain just ran out of gas and it didn't help the shots he was taking. Werdum was also taking a lot of shots and leg kicks, but it didn't seem to affect him. I don't think Cain has as much power as we think he did. He just uses volume to overwhelm his opponent and it didn't work this time. The submission was nothing he was dead tired and fell in to it taking Werdum down. This definitely makes the heavyweight division more interesting going forward.

Wow...Really? He's looked good in many of his fights...Constantly improving! He subbed Fedor...He's just good...Don't cheapen it!

I also don't want to cheapen his win, as I think he would have won anyway, but Werdum was smart and came to Mexico months in advance to live and train for the altitude...Cain came out two weeks prior...That was a huge error on his camp! Anyone that's been to high altitude can attest to its effects!!

Last edited:
Who would of thought Cain would of ran out of gas after one round?? Werdum did look good though. It will be interesting to see the next set of heavyweight match ups.

One of Cain's strength is also his weakness. Cain uses aggression as part of his skill set to overwhelm his opponents. He is constantly coming forward and his opponents never get a chance to rest. The problem is his shitty head movement. Her usually eats a couple of shots before grinding down his opponents during exchanges. Werdum was able to keep him at distance and pepper him with shots. Werdum Thai clinch also negated Cain's dirty boxing. Once desperation set in he went for the takedown and the rest is history.

Wow I just watched on YouTube... great fight by werdum, obviously the altitude or some other factor had an effect on Cains usual extremely good cardio.... the video I watched wasn't Crystal clear, did werdum break his nose early? Could have effected breathing even more, I thought I saw his nose leaking but like I said, was hard to see...... werdum has some long arms too, nice 1-2 or 2-1 landing over n over...

I don't know if he broke his nose ,but he did cut him early. I think it was his left eye and Werdum was having a lot of success with the right hand. There were times where you could see Cain was having trouble seeing.

Ps. There's a torrent for just the main event(370mb),if you have a decent internet connection you can download it in a couple minutes

Now looking forward to Aldo beating McGregor.. :D

I'm a big fan of mt leg kicks and Aldo has one of the best... should be great...

On side note of the TUF show, ATT just keeps putting Heider out there twice in a row... wonder if they will use him tomorrow again, would be hilarious

I can't stand McGregor.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity