over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

UFC 248: Adesanya vs Romero

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer

Anyone excited for the card this weekend?

Soldier of god vs the last stylebender.

Israel is a phenomenal striker, but Yoel eats punches like candy. It's gonna be very exciting.

Joanna vs Zhang Weili will also be exciting. Weili's striking's is really really good.

Im most excited to see Zhang fight

I really wanted to see Whittaker and Israel bang but Yoel is a mutant and this should be an outstanding fight. I hope Whittaker comes back healthy. A run back w Yoel or he and stylebender finally throwing down. Either way... good matches

Zhang.... wow. I think she eats Joanna alive. That chick is for real.

I love watching Yoel fight, he could be losing every single round and BAM he wins by brutal knockout. I would like to see him take Israel to the mat to see what he (Israel) does when in that position - I see they brought in a high level wrestler to camp so would be interesting.

Joanna does not even look like she is in the same weight group as Zhang - Zhang is a beast and I think she wins easily

To quote game bred “you know now none of you want a piece of Yoel” and I agree with him I don’t relish any one fighting Romero but adesanya is hands down the most creative and versatile striker of any division in the ufc. He fights you in your own style and waits for you to make mistakes. I can just see him having Yoel over extend himself on a power punch and boom jawed out. On the other hand I can also see Yoel throwing a flying knee to anyone he fights no problem. One thing Ian for certain this is gonna be fucking sick.

i would never bet against an Olympic wrestler, even if they're heavy underdogs. with that said, i thought Gastelum was going to expose Israel's wrestling (or lack of) but i was very surprised. Israel handled him. Yoel is much higher level wrestler than Kelvin though and i believe he has a better chin. I could see Yoel getting gassed though in the championship rounds. I can also see Israel utilizing leg kicks to neutralize Yoel's takedowns, although i haven't seen Yoel shoot a ton in his fights.

i would never bet against an Olympic wrestler, even if they're heavy underdogs. with that said, i thought Gastelum was going to expose Israel's wrestling (or lack of) but i was very surprised. Israel handled him. Yoel is much higher level wrestler than Kelvin though and i believe he has a better chin. I could see Yoel getting gassed though in the championship rounds. I can also see Israel utilizing leg kicks to neutralize Yoel's takedowns, although i haven't seen Yoel shoot a ton in his fights.

John Danaher describes Yoel Romero as the most unpredictable fighter in the universe lol

He has so much torque and power, you'll see him slipping and sliding during matches like no other. Never worries about getting taken down, because he springs back up like a cat. Kinda scary how good a 42 year old can be; imagine him in his 20s in the UFC

God bless his acai protocol as well :)

I really wanted to see Whittaker and Israel bang but Yoel is a mutant and this should be an outstanding fight. I hope Whittaker comes back healthy. A run back w Yoel or he and stylebender finally throwing down. Either way... good matches

Zhang.... wow. I think she eats Joanna alive. That chick is for real.

what are you talking about... whittaker and stylebender fought last time and it was an easy W for stylebender. Rob and yoel have had two fights already why would they need to run it back again.

Izzy wins vs yoel unless yoel uses his wrestling which he never does. want to see izzy vs paulo after ...

what are you talking about... whittaker and stylebender fought last time and it was an easy W for stylebender. Rob and yoel have had two fights already why would they need to run it back again.

Izzy wins vs yoel unless yoel uses his wrestling which he never does. want to see izzy vs paulo after ...

That’s what I’m hoping for, Yoel to actually use his wrestling...

It’s pretty impressive though how he’s gotten to the top of the heap barely using it and banging with these young monsters... But I think he may actually use it this time, he won’t get another title shot like this for a long time if he loses and I think he knows that

That’s what I’m hoping for, Yoel to actually use his wrestling...

It’s pretty impressive though how he’s gotten to the top of the heap barely using it and banging with these young monsters... But I think he may actually use it this time, he won’t get another title shot like this for a long time if he loses and I think he knows that
the thing i've always wondered about him using his wrestling...he doesn't go for a lot of takedowns very often. makes me think gassing is a big issue for him. takedown attempts, particularly leg shots, will zap energy faster than just about anything else in MMA. He'd be better off trying to work throws and trips from the clinch as opposed to shooting IMO.

the thing i've always wondered about him using his wrestling...he doesn't go for a lot of takedowns very often. makes me think gassing is a big issue for him. takedown attempts, particularly leg shots, will zap energy faster than just about anything else in MMA. He'd be better off trying to work throws and trips from the clinch as opposed to shooting IMO.

In a regular fight, because he’s so good standing up, id agree with you.. And though I don’t think Izzy is a slouch with his ground game, compared to the average person though, but an elite level, world class, world champion wrestler? I’d bet my last $1,000 that in a grappling match, Yoel wins 100% of the time... So I’m saying that, in my opinion, a vast majority of Yoel’s prior fights, the guys were pretty evenly well rounded, I don’t think Izzy is anywhere as near well rounded as the other guys, he’s just an extremely high level striker and it’s worked in his favor so far, but I think Yoel would be dumb and arrogant to not use his wrestling.. We’ve never really seen Izzy’s ground game or take down defense for that matter, and I don’t think a single person in the 185 division is anywhere near Yoel’s wrestling

And Yoel has gone the distance in absolute wars, who wouldn’t be tired? But wrestlers/grapplers have some of the best cardio of any martial art...

It should be an interesting fight though..

Wrestling is a young mans game.
90% of olympic medalists are always under the Age of 28 where cardio/explosiveness is at the peak.

Thats why he doesnt use wrestling as much.

people need to train in these martial arts before they can truly comment on them

90% of olympic medalists are always under the Age of 28 where cardio/explosiveness is at the peak.

people need to train in these martial arts before they can truly comment on them

Lol ok... And what are your credentials, if I may ask?

I trained Muay Thai/Kickboxing mainly growing up, got into grappling/BJJ for myself like 6 months ago but have been around many guys who train in all areas of Martial Arts and I know several guys in my area who are in their 30’s who are ADCC level, Roberto “Cyborg” is knocking on 40 I believe and still on the elite, world class level, hanging with 25 year olds at ADCC and highly active/competitive...

Not to mention, Yoel went up against Whittaker and Costa, who are both like 12-13 years younger than him in some absolute wars, and even though he lost my a super close decision, you can’t say he got whooped, those fights were all really close and could’ve gone either way in the decision with some people even leaning towards him getting robbed in one of the Whittaker fights and in the Costa fight... He’s 42 and still banging with the world’s best who are all 10-15 years younger than him.. Granted, he didn’t use his wrestling with them, but they’re really good on the ground too and why didn’t they use any wrestling against Yoel? Since it’s so advantageous as a young man? Cause they probably would’ve had a nice run for their money trying to take down an Olympic Wrestler who just so happens to be knocking on the world champion door at his age..

I don’t think he doesn’t use his wrestling because he’s too old and will gas out, you’re not #3 in the world in your division because you’re a slouch, I think it’s just been the game plan with those fighters who are also really good on the ground, so what absolute benefit does he have by doing so?

But with Izzy? I’d argue Yoel’s wrestling/grappling vs Izzy’s is like comparing a BJJ black belt at the ADCC level to a newly promoted Blue Belt... So I think with him, it would be very smart to do..

Kind of why Khabib always uses his wrestling, because he knows he’s literal light years ahead of anyone, probably in the UFC, when it comes to wrestling, so who at 155 is going to make him not use it and go the stand up route? No one lol... Not sure if you understand what I’m trying to say

purple belt in bjj, still wrestle...i'm not world level by any means by i think i can say that i've "trained" in them.

I didn't say he abandoned his wrestling. I said he didn't go for leg attacks very often. He may very well be past his prime IN any sport, but that still doesn't mean he has to completely abandon his takedown game. To counter your point, there have been plenty of elite wrestlers (guys who wrestled internationally after college) who still used and relied on takedowns during their MMA career (Cormier, Couture, Lindland, Cejudo to name a few). I don't think it's fair to lump all wrestlers into this category. Yoel might simply believe that his best chances lie in the KO and the risk of gassing from a leg attack are too high. That's my take.

Lol ok... And what are your credentials, if I may ask?

I trained Muay Thai/Kickboxing mainly growing up, got into grappling/BJJ for myself like 6 months ago but have been around many guys who train in all areas of Martial Arts and I know several guys in my area who are in their 30’s who are ADCC level, Roberto “Cyborg” is knocking on 40 I believe and still on the elite, world class level, hanging with 25 year olds at ADCC and highly active/competitive...

Not to mention, Yoel went up against Whittaker and Costa, who are both like 12-13 years younger than him in some absolute wars, and even though he lost my a super close decision, you can’t say he got whooped, those fights were all really close and could’ve gone either way in the decision with some people even leaning towards him getting robbed in one of the Whittaker fights and in the Costa fight... He’s 42 and still banging with the world’s best who are all 10-15 years younger than him.. Granted, he didn’t use his wrestling with them, but they’re really good on the ground too and why didn’t they use any wrestling against Yoel? Since it’s so advantageous as a young man? Cause they probably would’ve had a nice run for their money trying to take down an Olympic Wrestler who just so happens to be knocking on the world champion door at his age..

I don’t think he doesn’t use his wrestling because he’s too old and will gas out, you’re not #3 in the world in your division because you’re a slouch, I think it’s just been the game plan with those fighters who are also really good on the ground, so what absolute benefit does he have by doing so?

But with Izzy? I’d argue Yoel’s wrestling/grappling vs Izzy’s is like comparing a BJJ black belt at the ADCC level to a newly promoted Blue Belt... So I think with him, it would be very smart to do..

Kind of why Khabib always uses his wrestling, because he knows he’s literal light years ahead of anyone, probably in the UFC, when it comes to wrestling, so who at 155 is going to make him not use it and go the stand up route? No one lol... Not sure if you understand what I’m trying to say
I actually think there are guys who are near Khabib in straight wrestling, it's when he gets them down that separates him from the rest. No one can get up from underneath him once he's on top. I don't think Khabib's takedowns are so out of this world. Again, if he gets on top of you, you're probably staying there and/or getting finished. I can't wait to see Tony and him fight. Who do you have in that one?

I actually think there are guys who are near Khabib in straight wrestling, it's when he gets them down that separates him from the rest. No one can get up from underneath him once he's on top. I don't think Khabib's takedowns are so out of this world. Again, if he gets on top of you, you're probably staying there and/or getting finished. I can't wait to see Tony and him fight. Who do you have in that one?

I can definitely see your point there, but idk, seeing him train and what other guys who have high level wrestling say about him makes me think he’s on another planet.. He makes NCAA guys look like amateur children lol..

He’s made everyone he fights look like they have no business in there.. Tell me he didn’t look bored fighting Dustin? Lol even when Dustin almost had him in a guillotine, he looked bored and not worried at all lol..

As for Khabib vs Furgeson, I have Khabib winning that as well but I wouldn’t be surprised if Tony won.. He’s got a crazy arsenal of different attacks, he’s not afraid of the ground and can attack from all angles on the ground as well.. I think if there’s a single person who has the best chance at beating Khabib, it’s Tony..

Now that being said, I think Khabib knows this and is taking this fight super serious and will be coming in more motivated than ever..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws