over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

UFC 66

bigfatandugly said:
eventhough i am canadian and want to represent, GSP won't beat hughes.

honestly, i think hughes is the best fighter in his class in all of mma, including Pride. which is not something you can say for UFC heavy- weights in comparison to Pride heavy- weights.

but that is another story.

BFU
hughes is a great fighter i jus dont care for him.....his skill is amazingly well rounded but i jus want him to lose....GSP has way more heart to me and is an awesome fighter as well....hughes time needs to be up and if its not gna be GSP takin it from him then the prodigy will.....hughes shoulda lost to pen the last fight and would of if it was not for his seperated ribs.....penn won the first 2 rounds point blank and had the fight in the bag till his ribs were seperated and he could not keep his hands up or breathe properly.....and as far as pride vs UFC...HAHA pride has way more skilled fighters then UFC....if matt hughes faught in a open weight he would get his ass stomped by fedor or crocop jus to mention a few...matt hughes is great butnot even close to being the greatest in my book

balla06 said:
hughes is a great fighter i jus dont care for him.....his skill is amazingly well rounded but i jus want him to lose....GSP has way more heart to me and is an awesome fighter as well....hughes time needs to be up and if its not gna be GSP takin it from him then the prodigy will.....hughes shoulda lost to pen the last fight and would of if it was not for his seperated ribs.....penn won the first 2 rounds point blank and had the fight in the bag till his ribs were seperated and he could not keep his hands up or breathe properly.....and as far as pride vs UFC...HAHA pride has way more skilled fighters then UFC....if matt hughes faught in a open weight he would get his ass stomped by fedor or crocop jus to mention a few...matt hughes is great butnot even close to being the greatest in my book

thats why i said hughes is the best in his weight class.

not the best period.

BFU

bigfatandugly said:
thats why i said hughes is the best in his weight class.

not the best period.

BFU
my bad bro read it wrong i guess but i dont even think they have a class for his weight....too bad bc id love to watch him try to handle some ppl from pride no doubt:D

Penn, Please... Must be joking. Penn got spanked.

Dude, what are you mumbling about? There is always an excuse when someone loses. Why do you have to be the one to make it for Penn? Penn is lazy! That is why he lost and Matt crushed his rib. Penn was out of shape. Fat boy. I just can't tolerate lazy people who rely on talent. Yes, Penn fits that mold. Skilled, yes, but lazy. Why would you even say anything about Fedor and Hughes? There are weight classes for a reason. It's rediculous to compare Matt to Fedor. Apples and oranges! I'm not stroking Matt. I wrestled with him in school with him and he is an ass at times, but the hardest working ass I've known. This is why he's dominant. He out works everyone.

balla06 said:

Rob Roy said:
Dude, what are you mumbling about? There is always an excuse when someone loses. Why do you have to be the one to make it for Penn? Penn is lazy! That is why he lost and Matt crushed his rib. Penn was out of shape. Fat boy. I just can't tolerate lazy people who rely on talent. Yes, Penn fits that mold. Skilled, yes, but lazy. Why would you even say anything about Fedor and Hughes? There are weight classes for a reason. It's rediculous to compare Matt to Fedor. Apples and oranges! I'm not stroking Matt. I wrestled with him in school with him and he is an ass at times, but the hardest working ass I've known. This is why he's dominant. He out works everyone.

Look up the Dr.s reports - Penn hurt his ribs. He weighed in at 166lbs, he wasn't fat for the fight. Not all fighters are chisled (Fedor!)

And he mentioned Fedor because Pride has Open Weight Gran Prix's where guys from all weight classes compete....

I honestly would like to see Matt Hughes against some of the guys from Pride (Filho!). Its hard to say he's the best when the level of competion in the UFC can't match pride. Aside from GSP and BJ, the guys on that list are not anyone great. Carlos Newton got spanked at Pride. Frank Trigg is no super power either. And the rest of they guys on his record are no names.

I agree that Fedor is the best fighter to grace MMA. No question. Look at was he has done to Crocop. I'm actually a huge Pride fan and not so much of a UFC blowhard. The UFC is just much stronger at advertising, promotions and marketing. Being a lighter wrestler my whole life, I couldn't imagine what it would have been like to have to roll with a 285 heavy. You can't compare Hughes and Fedor. I still say it's rediculous. Give up 60lbs. you have to be kidding. If I was Hughes, I wouldn't do it either. That's just playing with fire. You're asking for a career ending injury. Remember that these guys support thier families with fighting and WINNING. It's not all Matt's fault that he can't fight Pride fighters either. He is under contract. That is on the UFC. Yes the UFC is weak in that way. I'd love to see the Filho vs. hughes fight. Yes, Penn is lazy. If that boy trained hard, he would beat Matt AGAIN. Going into the first fight he trained hard and look at the outcome. He has the gift. I wrestled at the highest level. I rolled with many, much more naturally talented grapplers than I that didn't make it half as far. Not bragging. Just making a point. I'm sorry, my petpeave is the gifted athlete that just relys on God's gift to get by in life. Then makes up the excuses on why he lost. Ribs, please. If he was injured going into the fight and still stepped in with the likes of hughes than he's either an idiot or arrogant. When GSP pulled his groing you didn't see him step in. You let it heal and come in at your best.

haze324 said:
Look up the Dr.s reports - Penn hurt his ribs. He weighed in at 166lbs, he wasn't fat for the fight. Not all fighters are chisled (Fedor!)

And he mentioned Fedor because Pride has Open Weight Gran Prix's where guys from all weight classes compete....

I honestly would like to see Matt Hughes against some of the guys from Pride (Filho!). Its hard to say he's the best when the level of competion in the UFC can't match pride. Aside from GSP and BJ, the guys on that list are not anyone great. Carlos Newton got spanked at Pride. Frank Trigg is no super power either. And the rest of they guys on his record are no names.

I dunno, if a guy like Minowa can fight the likes of CroCop, Wanderlei, Kimo, Giant Silva etc., then someone as good as Hughes could definitely have a go at guys that outweigh him. Perhaps not Fedor but definitely Chuck or Tito.

Lidell :D

Koevoet said:
I dunno, if a guy like Minowa can fight the likes of CroCop, Wanderlei, Kimo, Giant Silva etc., then someone as good as Hughes could definitely have a go at guys that outweigh him. Perhaps not Fedor but definitely Chuck or Tito.

Hughes grappled Tito at Abu Dahbi (for those who don't know ADCC is the world championships in submission wrestling) and Tito ended up beating him.

haze324 said:
Hughes grappled Tito at Abu Dahbi (for those who don't know ADCC is the world championships in submission wrestling) and Tito ended up beating him.
haha ppl get so their fuckin panties in a bunch so easy and thanks haze for i guess makin it more clear on what i was talkin bout with the whole pride ufc thing with the open weight....ppl jus have diff veiws on things mine is that i dont care for hughes BUT not sayin that he is not a great and a bad ass fighter....i jus dotn care for him....and as far as pen goin into a fight with busted ribs....he got his shit busted in the fight from my knowledge and stuck with the fight not goin out like a bitch and still gave it alot of heart and a shot at pulling it off....he was in great shape too could he have been in better? yes i agree but he was in good enough shape to school hughes in the first few rounds....watch the fight over penn had that fight all the way till his ribs got seperated also could matt hughes have been in better shape? i think so too....and as far as tito beating hughes i didnt know that but tito is always in amazing condition, better then hughes....i dont care for him to much either but then again he is a GREAT fighter and trains very hard and id say jus as hard or prb even harder then hughes.....BUT dotn think im tryin to make an excuse for penn its not like that and i totally agree with u bout somewho has a talent and jus relys on that without training and workin for a title but penn is not as lazy as u make it sound and once again hughes is a great fighter but not the best in my book and thats including pride also and meaning a fight in the grand pr open weight...if he fought in that he would get stomped....as far as someone in his weight range he would do great but he would not stand out as much as he does in the UFC....JUS MY 2CENTS

I feel ya. Maybe just misunderstood ya in the last post. As you said, you may like or dislike certain fighters, but you cant take away from certain accomplishments. I agree that if Matt stepped into the open grand prix, he'd get stomped. Yes, Pride is hands down the best. It's funny how every body jusy has different tastes in fighters and we tend to look at the positives in our likes and the negatives in our dislikes. Hey, atleast we can agree that we are MMA fans through and through.
balla06 said:
haha ppl get so their fuckin panties in a bunch so easy and thanks haze for i guess makin it more clear on what i was talkin bout with the whole pride ufc thing with the open weight....ppl jus have diff veiws on things mine is that i dont care for hughes BUT not sayin that he is not a great and a bad ass fighter....i jus dotn care for him....and as far as pen goin into a fight with busted ribs....he got his shit busted in the fight from my knowledge and stuck with the fight not goin out like a bitch and still gave it alot of heart and a shot at pulling it off....he was in great shape too could he have been in better? yes i agree but he was in good enough shape to school hughes in the first few rounds....watch the fight over penn had that fight all the way till his ribs got seperated also could matt hughes have been in better shape? i think so too....and as far as tito beating hughes i didnt know that but tito is always in amazing condition, better then hughes....i dont care for him to much either but then again he is a GREAT fighter and trains very hard and id say jus as hard or prb even harder then hughes.....BUT dotn think im tryin to make an excuse for penn its not like that and i totally agree with u bout somewho has a talent and jus relys on that without training and workin for a title but penn is not as lazy as u make it sound and once again hughes is a great fighter but not the best in my book and thats including pride also and meaning a fight in the grand pr open weight...if he fought in that he would get stomped....as far as someone in his weight range he would do great but he would not stand out as much as he does in the UFC....JUS MY 2CENTS

Rob Roy said:
I feel ya. Maybe just misunderstood ya in the last post. As you said, you may like or dislike certain fighters, but you cant take away from certain accomplishments. I agree that if Matt stepped into the open grand prix, he'd get stomped. Yes, Pride is hands down the best. It's funny how every body jusy has different tastes in fighters and we tend to look at the positives in our likes and the negatives in our dislikes. Hey, atleast we can agree that we are MMA fans through and through.
haha couldnt have said it any better bro!! and yes we can def agree on that....im jus lookin forward to seeing the fights and seein pride blow up in the US and ppl that r true MMA fans get to see more skilled fighters....i wont lie if i got a chance to fight in UFC id take it and run but UFC is jus somethin that has alot of fans jus bc ppl like to see two guys beat the shit out of eachother...most or alot of fans dont know dick bout the fighters or MMA ya feel me.....and dana white is HUUUUNNNGRY for that money and i sometimes wanna say that the fights could be rigged jus to make him more money but i could be wrong...a buddy of mine brought that to my attention last week and if u think bout it it kinda could fall into place.....i love UFC and pride but yes hands down pride is the shit and has alot more skilled fighters....maybe UFC will step up its game?! hope so:p ....peace bro

haze324 said:
Wanderlie lost to CroCop in the Open Weight Grand Prix they had. He got K.O'd pretty fucking nasty so Dana was talking shit about Wandy and why should he get to fight Chuck. In reality it was all contract disputes.

Wandy called Chuck out again a few weeks ago at the Las Vegas Pride event. So who knows.

i'll tell you a reason why he should get to fight chuck, because crocop would knock out any heavy weight in the UFC. Dana is a duche bag, most of his fighters would get slaughtered by half the guys in pride.

Dave_19 said:
i'll tell you a reason why he should get to fight chuck, because crocop would knock out any heavy weight in the UFC. Dana is a duche bag, most of his fighters would get slaughtered by half the guys in pride.
A fuc$in MEN!!!

Dave_19 said:
Couldn't agree with you more. With a few exceptions the quality of fighters doesn't even compare.

but that's why dana won't allow pride vs. ufc. he's a smart man and he knows that pride would dominate. and if pride dominated, the ufc would lose a lot of credibility, business and money. especially when pride decides to fight more often in the USA. pride will hurt ufc a lot. i'd like to see tim silvia fight someone like emelianenko or cro cop. i think it'd be good cuz he's so tall and a great reach, and has good striking skills.

once bj penn clears his name from the court system (in case you didn't know, currently awaiting possible jail time for knocking out a police officer during a fight at the club, down here in hawaii) he'll be all good to go.

The only problem that I saw with recent U.S. Pride event was the Jap mentality. Now when you watch a Pride fight in Japan the Japs go crazy for thier own guys win, lose or draw. If you havn't noticed they will go bananas chearing for a jap that loses to an american and the american will get a quarter of the chears. It seemed as if they think that americans have the sam mentality. It seemed like they loaded the U.S. event card with americans. Thinking that, that is what we want to see. When in all reality we don't give a F' about that. We just want to see the best fighters fight. I could be out in left field, but just a thought.

Rob Roy said:
The only problem that I saw with recent U.S. Pride event was the Jap mentality. Now when you watch a Pride fight in Japan the Japs go crazy for thier own guys win, lose or draw. If you havn't noticed they will go bananas chearing for a jap that loses to an american and the american will get a quarter of the chears. It seemed as if they think that americans have the sam mentality. It seemed like they loaded the U.S. event card with americans. Thinking that, that is what we want to see. When in all reality we don't give a F' about that. We just want to see the best fighters fight. I could be out in left field, but just a thought.

I think they just wanted names that the average american fan who has only watched UFC knows.

I thought the show was pretty cool, the best was the lady annoucer.

FAAAAYYYYYYYY- DORRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

haze324 said:
I think they just wanted names that the average american fan who has only watched UFC knows.

I thought the show was pretty cool, the best was the lady annoucer.

FAAAAYYYYYYYY- DORRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
I love her. She has an eerie tone. I agree about the name fights. i just say throw the best in there and that will attract the crowd as it has drawn the true mma fans over to Pride. Ya know... Mark Coleman. Used to love the guy, but come on. He couldn't have standed a chance even if he was the old Coleman. Lets see the real shit. It was a great show though regardless. I thought Hendersen looked great.

Sunday is the Welterwieght Bushido. Anyone know who's squaring off. I'm going to get it, but havn't heard much about it until today when I saw the preview on Fox Sports Net.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131