over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ufc/ Mir wins Over Lesnar

rAJJIN

Moderator / FOUNDING Member
Staff member
Registered
Early in the 1st round... Leg lock.
Good thing Im not a betting man, Ive sure picked a lot of them wrong latley.

(special thanks to Jag for the Live link)

RAJIN, I WOULD HAVE LOST MONEY TOO.

I WAS THINKING MIR WAS GOING TO GET KILLED. THIS WAS BASED ON THE LAST TIMES I'D SEEN HIM FIGHT. MIR JUST LOOKED LAZY AND I WASN'T TOO IMPRESSED.

I GUESS LESNAR JUST NEEDS TO KEEP WORKING ON THE SKILLS FOR A WHILE. HE SURE SEEMS TO HAVE TONS OF POTENTIAL.

I WENT TO THE SHERDOG WEBSITE AND READ THE BLOW BY BLOW ACCOUNT OF THE FIGHT.

FROM THE SOUNDS OF IT LESNAR WAS POUNDING THE SHIT OUT OF HIM MOST OF THE ROUND UNTIL HE GOT CAUGHT IN THAT LEG LOCK.

FROM THE SOUNDS OF IT LESNAR WAS POUNDING THE SHIT OUT OF HIM MOST OF THE ROUND UNTIL HE GOT CAUGHT IN THAT LEG LOCK.

Saw the fight. Lesnar took him down like he was NOTHING twice and dropped him with a punch on their feet once. It was a total beating and everyone thought Mir was getting knocked the fuck out. He got his hard a bunch of times, and Lesnar drops bombs! He landed one on the back of the head accidentally and it was brought back up to the feet and a point was taken....to which Lesnar squares up and DROPPS him with a nasty right and pounces on him again....goes to stand up and let him up or i dunno wtf he was thinking...lifts up Mirs one leg and steps right over it next to his waist....im like WTF??????????????????????????????Yep soon as he did it, knee bar! With more training Lesnar is just monsterous.

I think frank just got lucky, brock seemed very pumped and just needs a few fights under his belt to help keep him calm. If they went one more round I think frank would not have been so lucky. Anyway just my thoughts.

not one-sided

Mir got punched but not once did he get rocked. He looked like he could take a punch or two and stay the course. Even when he got taken down he was a threat with his superior ju-jitsu skills. A well deserved win for Frank Mir. but make no mistake about it Brock Lesnar will be back.

Let's not forget that Mir is a big mofo too and has always been able to take a punch.The man is 265 w/world class ju-jitso and that is what won the fight.Brock is just too inexperienced right now for the likes of Mir

With more training and experience Lesnar is going to cause some havoc. I don't think I've ever seen anyone with that combination of size, power and speed in the Octagon.

Mir's last few fights have been unimpressive but he's a former champion and definitely not a slouch.

The UFC heavyweight division needed someone to bring some excitement to that weight class and I think Lesnar may be it.

Gotta agree here, with some ground skills he will be a monster. Great fights all the way around last night. And they were pretty fast pace too for once.

Good, I was hoping Mir pulled it off!!!

I was too. The biggest mistake Lesnar made was putting Mir on his back.

agreed, he is very dangerous on his back. lesnar got to agressive, wasn't thinking and made a mistake. mir is the master on the groung look what he did to silvia. this was lesnars first appearance on ufc, and he went against one of the best right off the bat so he gets major props. give him more time to work on his ground skills/submission defence and i think he will dominate the heavyweight class.

I was impressed with Mir's ability to survive those hellacious punches and still keep a cool head and get the tap.Kind of reminded of the early ufc days with Royce and kimo.The huge size difference just shows that techique is superior to strenth.I remember when I first started rolling I got caught in a armbar by 175 lb guy that looked like a total wimp, I was a lean 215 .Strength is a great asset when you learn when to depend on it and when not to depend on it .But with Lesnar continually working his sub defense and his striking, I think he will definatly be a solid competitor in the future.

just talked to a buddy of mine and he echoed the same thing you guys have said...."that Lesner was pounding him but just made an inexperienced move and that was that. With some martial arts training-Lesner is going to be tough to beat. Great athlete and a great person as well.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member