over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

UFC on Fox - Velasquez vs Dos Santos

max5000

Registered
Dos Santos has the fast hands, but Velasquez has the takedowns and is better on the ground.

Who's going to take this one?

Cain can win this fight no matter where it takes place. Dos Santos can only win on the feet, but even on the feet I think Cain has too good a chin and too much power for JDS. Cain all the way baby.

too close to call-fighting styles are very similar

comes down to youth vs experience

If I had to bet my money would be on Dos Santos. Velasques' ground game is better, but Dos Santos has a good enough takedown defense to keep things standing. If he can do that....I think his strinking skills will be too much for Cain.

I think Velasquez might take this one but not on his feet, not after seeing how Dos Santos handled Carwin. Although, even though he was beat up Carwin managed to last the distance, same with Big Country.

Kongo managed to drop Velasquez twice, but Velasquez had him when it went to the ground.

I'm a MMA junkie and have seen all of their fights. Based on what i've seen, JDS is going to take this one. If Cain gets him to the ground, he won't be able to keep him there. JDS will win this one like he always does, with superior striking.

I saw it is only on for an hour so it must just be the Main event? I was hoping for a few good fights.I am glad to see MMA on network primetime!

Really? Although he wins a lot by TKO, he never seems to display one-punch KO power.

+1

He's like a heavyweight Chael Sonnen, lots of volume but not much in terms of power.

This is a tough fight to call...if it goes the distance I think JDS will win by decision...if it doesn't go all 5 rounds I say Cain by KO or ground and pound submission...his wrestling is just too strong

Has JDS even been put on his back in any of his fights?

I'm going to go with Cain on this, but if JDS wins, I wouldn't be surprised either.

I think JDS's strengths are obviously his stand-up game and being agile for a large guy, and then also his takedown defense.

I think Cain has drastically improved his stand-up from that Kongo fight...though that will be tested with JDS for sure. While JDS has great takedown defense, Cain has never had a problem getting anybody tothe ground, even larger guys much bigger than him.

I can't comment on JDS's ground game because i've never seen him on his back. I do remember him being on top against Brandon Vera though.

Actually, I don't think i've seen either guy on their back in the guard....???

I'm going with Cain on this fight.

Really? Although he wins a lot by TKO, he never seems to display one-punch KO power.

His left hook registered 2400 psi. Just for comparison Chuck liddell has hit 1200 and rampage jackson hit 1600 and mike tyson hit around 1400. Over 1000 psi is generally considered enough for a 1 hit ko and rampage's 1600 was compared to being kicked by a bull.

I saw it is only on for an hour so it must just be the Main event? I was hoping for a few good fights.I am glad to see MMA on network primetime!

i believe they are running the prelims on facebook. and yeah, it's not a full event being shown on fox

JDS 4th Round TKO.

Look for this fight to be much like the Nelson/JDS fight. With Cain getting stuffed on his TD attempts and peppered for 3-4 rounds.

Finally he will have enough and go down.

Dos Santos has a punchers chance here for sure, the dude has CRAZY hands. But he has never fought anyone like Cain. Cain is the craziest heavyweight in the world. the dude is VIOLENT and relentless. He has an amazing chin, crazy endurance, and is as well rounded as you can get.

Anything can happen, but on paper this is Cain's fight hands down. The guy is an animal.

Dos Santos is a freak with his hands, but remember Cain knocked Nogueira the fuck out, and that was the first time Nog had ever been Ko'd in his long career of 40 pro fights.

Cain is not giving up much in the stand up department.

It will come down to whether Velasquez can take him down and keep down. Which I think he will. His ground and pound is relentless and ruthless, that's how most of his fights end.

He did sit Big Nog on his arse but given Nog is starting to lose his chin.... looked impressive though...

Doubt this will go the distance, if neither can put the other away early, someone will gas out, especially with the heavyweights...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear