over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

UFC on Fox - Velasquez vs Dos Santos

I think if Dos Santos ends up fighting Overeem.......Overeem will win. His striking skills are as great...maybe even better, than Dos Santos. Overeem impressed me in the fact that both he and Fedor fought Brett Rogers over at Strikeforce. Fedor actually had a few problems with Rogers, but then beat him. Overeem made Rogers look like he wasn't even in the same league with him. Totally dominated Rogers. Anyway.....its just cool to have so many great fighters in the heavyweight division.

Overeem has never really been tested the way the top UFC guys have, but he is a scary mofo. It'll be interesting to see him against some real competition.

Time and time again we see people with HUGE hype come to the UFC and people think they are gonna just dominate. It's a different league, a higher level. Success outside the UFC rarely translates. But I think Overeem is so huge and nasty he has a good shot. It'll be exciting to see him in action with the big guys and see if he can beat them up as bad as he has everyone else.

WTF? what a let down....

maybe early stoppage? i dunno? but Velasquez didn't complain, so maybe not...

He was obviously in trouble but i don't think he was ever out cold.... i would have liked it to go a few more seconds... his face was on the canvas and i thought he was out cold, but then he stuck his head up... takes me back to the Lesnar vs Carwin fight where it could have been stopped but Lesnar came back... either way JDS moves on, Lesnar wouldn't have a chance against JDS

at least the Guida vs Henderson fight was a good punch on...

gungalunga your captain caveman avatar looks a lot like Clay Guida...

You don't have to be out cold. Cain was taking unanswered shots and not intelligently defending himself. Plus, they would sooner err on the side of caution with all those PRIMETIME eyes watching.

I think JDS vs Overeem will be a good match up.....

but then again I thought JDS vs Velasquez was going to be a good match up!?!

dos santos has dynamite in them hands! I Have to say i new cain was goin stand infront of dos santos and try to box with him! BAD IDEA!

Isn't it funny that everyone is already talking about JDS vs. Overeem.....as if the outcome of Brock vs. Overeem has already been determined. I actually think Brock has a chance against Overeem. He has no chance against JDS.

Isn't it funny that everyone is already talking about JDS vs. Overeem.....as if the outcome of Brock vs. Overeem has already been determined. I actually think Brock has a chance against Overeem. He has no chance against JDS.

Alistair is ruthless, and his striking all the way around is ridiculous. He will tear lesnar apart. JDS v Overeem will be a helluva fight.

I just think JDS vs Overeem is a more exciting fight then JDS vs Lesnar.

Even though Lesnar catches a lot of shit, I do hope that he comes back fully healed and puts his past perfomances to shame and just fully realizes his beast potential. He is so new to striking compared to the rest, and holds his own. If he can smooth his game out he could really be unstoppable. But easier said then done. I'm routing for the guy

You don't have to be out cold. Cain was taking unanswered shots and not intelligently defending himself. Plus, they would sooner err on the side of caution with all those PRIMETIME eyes watching.

Yeah, if you watch the replay though, the majority of the punches that were thrown while Velasquez was on his back didn't really connect, it wasn't till Velasquez went to turn over that he ate a couple.

I dunno, I just think John McCarthy has a habit of jumping in too early, I think Rosenthal gives the blokes just a bit a latitude to recover... when Velasquez went onto his back he had his hands up trying to block, it was only when he rolled over.... was he in trouble or was he trying to get up? dunno? Kongo dropped him twice and he came back...

either way JDS is going to be hard to beat, fast hands, knockout power...

Overeem has never really been tested the way the top UFC guys have, but he is a scary mofo. It'll be interesting to see him against some real competition.

Time and time again we see people with HUGE hype come to the UFC and people think they are gonna just dominate. It's a different league, a higher level. Success outside the UFC rarely translates. But I think Overeem is so huge and nasty he has a good shot. It'll be exciting to see him in action with the big guys and see if he can beat them up as bad as he has everyone else.

While I agree that success outside of the UFC doesn't always translate, IF Overeem can get by Brock (Allistair has a nasy guillotine, if he even needs to use it) I think his success in K-1 can translate well in a bout with JDS. JDS has shown takedown ability, but I don't know that he would with Overeem. Could be an awesome fight.

cain wa asked about stoppage and he said that he does not remember a thing.. that tells ya he wa just relying on instinct.. he was done...

WTF? what a let down....

maybe early stoppage? i dunno? but Velasquez didn't complain, so maybe not...

He was obviously in trouble but i don't think he was ever out cold.... i would have liked it to go a few more seconds... his face was on the canvas and i thought he was out cold, but then he stuck his head up... takes me back to the Lesnar vs Carwin fight where it could have been stopped but Lesnar came back... either way JDS moves on, Lesnar wouldn't have a chance against JDS

at least the Guida vs Henderson fight was a good punch on...

gungalunga your captain caveman avatar looks a lot like Clay Guida...

Are you high? Did you not see Cain's head bouncing off the mat when he was face down? He most certainly went unconscious and J's punches woke him back up too.

Are you high? Did you not see Cain's head bouncing off the mat when he was face down? He most certainly went unconscious and J's punches woke him back up too.

Exactly. He was out. Thats was obvious. Cain should have not tried to trade. He should have worked harder to take him down. It was very disppointing.

Bad night for Mexicans in the combat sports world.

I'm surprised to hear somebody say that! I think Lesnar has the ability to take him down, but unless he's improved his ability to keep opponents down, Overeem is going to hand him the worst ass whoopin' he's ever had!!

The future is definitely JDS vs Overeem...That will be a great fight!!!

Are you high?

No

Did you not see Cain's head bouncing off the mat when he was face down?

Maybe

He most certainly went unconscious and J's punches woke him back up too.

Possibly

Oops.... were they rhetorical questions....

Props to Big Country and Carwin for being able to go the distance. Couple of hard heads there, that might be a good for a match up...

I want to see Lesner start the fight against Overeem like he did against Velasquez, charging in like a bull... only this time he'll have to get the takedown and keep him down...

i hope brock is 100% for his fight against overeem, i seen a pic of him and he looked smaller, flabbier and sort of like he was sick. i know he had surgery not all that long ago.

I think alot of people underestimated Dos Santos skill. The mans a great fighter in many aspects. Well rounded.

Yep. I had arguments galore with my wife over this. Even after watching his fights with Country and Carwin she wouldn't concede it.

I was in the minority betting on JDS, but I never thought it would end so quickly.

Props to him, best kind of win--virtually no damage sustained.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws