over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

UFC's TJ Dillashaw Suspended for EPO

danieltx

Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/tj-dillashaw-receives-two-year-usada-suspension-after-ex-ufc-champion-tested-positive-for-epo/

Former UFC bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw has been suspended two years by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) after testing positive for EPO ahead of his January 19 loss to Henry Cejudo. The suspension was announced Tuesday by USADA and first reported by ESPN's Brett Okamoto. The 33-year-old Dillashaw, who vacated his title last month after an undisclosed "adverse finding" from his USADA test, did not contest the result.

A two-time champion at 135 pounds, Dillashaw (16-4) moved down in weight to unsuccessfully challenge for Cejudo's flyweight title and was knocked out in the first round.

"We all know the pressures to win at all levels of all sport are real and intense," USADA CEO Travis T. Tygart said in a released statement. "It is exactly why strong anti-doping efforts are necessary to protect clean athletes' rights, health and safety and to ensure that those who do succumb to these pressures and decide to break the rules will be held accountable in a real and meaningful way, as in this case."

EPO, a recombinant human erythropoietin, is a naturally occurring hormone produced by the kidneys that binds with receptors in the bone marrow after being released into the blood stream to simulate the production of red blood cells. It's a hormone often linked with the illegal process of blood doping -- the practice of boosting the number of red blood cells through injections to enhance performance -- that is often linked with the sport of cycling.

Dillashaw joined Gleison Teibau as the second UFC fighter to be suspended for EPO since USADA began its partnership with the fight promotion in 2015. Tibau similarly received a two-year ban, the maximum sanction for a non-specified substance under UFC's anti-doping program, with Dillashaw's suspension retroactively dated to Jan. 18, 2019.

Jeff Novitzky, UFC vice president of athlete health and performance and a former agent for both the Food and Drug Administration and Internal Revenue Services, spoke to ESPN about his history investigating EPO.

"I'm quite familiar with EPO from my days investigating professional cycling teams," Novitzky said. "It's a very effective substance. It's not a substance you find in contaminated supplements, it's injectable only. You have to know what you're doing when it enters your system.

"On a scale of seriousness in anti-doping, it's up near the top."

Dillashaw almost certainly would have been stripped of his title had he not willingly vacated it in March. He also received a one-year ban from the New York State Athletic Commission, which oversaw his loss to Cejudo in the main event of the UFC Fight Night card in Brooklyn.

Didn't stop him from getting beat silly for the 1st time I can remember. They should a just kept that secret, man was already at a low point after that experience...

caught red handed and was actually good to see he didnt blame it on someone (or something) else.

I wonder how else in his team was in the know about this going on

he is likely to be out of pocket around $2mill by not fighting the next couple of years as well......ouch

Didn't stop him from getting beat silly for the 1st time I can remember. They should a just kept that secret, man was already at a low point after that experience...

Makes you wonder what would have happened to the results if he won.... The game is about $$$. They have to knock some people, better business sense to knock the loser.

Makes you wonder what would have happened to the results if he won.... The game is about $$$. They have to knock some people, better business sense to knock the loser.

He was a champion in another division and has a huge fan base. Made WAY more business sense to brush it under the table claim a fluke on the loss and do a big money re-match. So used to would of agreed with you but apparently it's not just about the $$ cause suspending a champion (or have him vacate because he knows you can't cover up EPO usage) that they could of drawn a big money rematch on (or just big fights in HIS division) doesn't make any sense monetarily... Cover up would have

Conor could use some EPO

I'm pretty sure proper 12 whiskey has EPO in it......but if you get too drunk your endurance still goes to hell....

cody garbrandt said publicly at a UFC press conference that "he taught us how to use them". Really dumb thing to say publicly IMO but whatever. the rumors about TJ's drug use have been around for awhile and i've even heard that he was using back in his collegiate wrestling days. In any event, i doubt you'll find many clean fighters at the elite level in MMA which should come as no surprise. When a guy gets popped, i wonder "who fucked up" or "who did he piss off"?

He's brilliant in the 1st maybe 2nd round but drains quickly after that. We know now why Dillashaw doesn't get tired.

Not against Khabib lol he literally got mauled... Got beat by Nate on 11 days notice then cried like a baby to get a rematch against a guy who doesn’t even fight at 170 he just didn’t have enough time to make 155 weight cut... Nate at 155 would school Conor too...

I used to like him but his character has gotten old and disrespectful and just plain sore loser and sore winner...

Anyway, TJ has definitely taken a hit on his legacy... Especially since Cody has been calling him out on exactly that for over a year.. And the fact he can’t blame it on a tainted supplement like most do when they test positive is another hit... He knowingly injected EPO and there’s no way around that..

My personal opinion is they should just let these guys juice themselves and do whatever..

Not against Khabib lol he literally got mauled... Got beat by Nate on 11 days notice then cried like a baby to get a rematch against a guy who doesn’t even fight at 170 he just didn’t have enough time to make 155 weight cut... Nate at 155 would school Conor too...

I used to like him but his character has gotten old and disrespectful and just plain sore loser and sore winner...

Anyway, TJ has definitely taken a hit on his legacy... Especially since Cody has been calling him out on exactly that for over a year.. And the fact he can’t blame it on a tainted supplement like most do when they test positive is another hit... He knowingly injected EPO and there’s no way around that..

My personal opinion is they should just let these guys juice themselves and do whatever..

Khabib is one my fav's and I love to hate Mcgregor but I gotta call ya wrong as even though he did get mauled "basically" he did the best I think I've seen anyone do with that beast and actually won the 3rd round (1st time Khabib has lost a round on scorecards).

Anyone who has seen what TJ looked like on The Ultimate Fighter show and watched him transform into a hard shredded little rock once in the ufc that didn't KNOW FOR A FACT he was using some form of PEDS needs to have there head checked.... So on that point I think only the bad press hurts his legacy. WE ALREADY KNEW and I'm pretty sure most of the guys he fights do as well so I don't hold it against the guy just feel bad for him...

Khabib is one my fav's and I love to hate Mcgregor but I gotta call ya wrong as even though he did get mauled "basically" he did the best I think I've seen anyone do with that beast and actually won the 3rd round (1st time Khabib has lost a round on scorecards).

Anyone who has seen what TJ looked like on The Ultimate Fighter show and watched him transform into a hard shredded little rock once in the ufc that didn't KNOW FOR A FACT he was using some form of PEDS needs to have there head checked.... So on that point I think only the bad press hurts his legacy. WE ALREADY KNEW and I'm pretty sure most of the guys he fights do as well so I don't hold it against the guy just feel bad for him...

He might have done the best anyone has done against Khabib but he still got destroyed and let’s be honest here, Khabib basically gave him that round by playing Conor’s game and not sticking completely to the game plan.. I believe one of his corner guys was talking about it that he kept pleading with Khabib to stick with the plan but he wanted to see what he could do and just did whatever he wanted... At no point in that fight did Conor have full control... And I was actually hoping for a good fight, I was a fan of both until Conor kept on talking trash and acts like a baby... It gave me a sour taste with the Nate fight but this just sealed it...

As for TJ, yea you’re right that pretty much everyone who follows MMA closely knows what’s up, I think it was pretty obvious when USADA came around how many guys were on.. And I still think many are.. But fuck that USADA shit is annoying, like I said, they’re already beating each other’s brains in and getting CTE and all kinds of injuries, might as well let them sauce it up lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws