over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

UHT (Extreme Growth)

I was referring to DB rows for back, I never do pullovers. I'm working with Phil and follow his program to a T. However, I would like to throw in some deads.

I have a hard time sticking to the 3 on 1 off schedule. So I do the same as you described. Last week I trained like crazy and followed the program 6 days in a row. This week I trained one day and took two off. Partly because I think I'm getting sick.

Thanks, edge!

the only thing i did not like about phils routine was the back workout.

Really! I actually love the back workout. I've never been good at pull ups. I still am not good at them. However, I'm able to do them now. The DB Rows have been great. I'm now up to using 120's for my first set. I like them so much better than BB rows. However, I do miss doing deads, rack deads, and pulldowns. I would also like to try chin ups instead of pullups.

Sounds interesting. If this actually works then why dont pros do it? why do ronnie jay branch arny ferigno, and every bodybuilder do the typical workout...ie 4 activities and 5 sets for each? why dont they do this? Why is the typical workout in flex muscle and development etc. 20 sets per bodypart and yours is 3? Just trying to get answers im shunning your idea it sounds great but curious why no one slse does it if its so great?

I'd say 80% of what you read in magazines and see in the video's is bullshit hype. Most of those magazine articles are ghost written and the routine outlined is nothing even close to what most of those guys do. Even the diet, if they told you the truth about some of them it might not look "healthy" to the mainstream people who buy them. You see skinless chicken and broccoli you think healthy, you see a pro saying he cheats 1x/everyday the general public wont buy it because they dont think they can and get results. Also, they arent coming out and telling the truth about how they run so much GH they could pretty much eat pizza everyday and stay ripped to shreds. Those magazines have always advocated overtraining. Here's a little hint; Joe Weider couldn't stand Mike Mentzer, you know why? Because Mike was a huge advocate of Dorian Yates style training, or heavy duty training, which did not lead to overtraining. Well seeing in how most of the popular supps at the time were somehow branched to Weider nutrition, they didnt like things in the magazines that made the guys feel like they didn't need anything else, because they had found a method of training that had truly worked and worked efficiently!! Same thing with today's shit, it's plastered everywhere!! You can't train without this, you need that or your wasting your time. And how many times do we need to see Arnold articles which we're supposed to believe are still written by him? fucking bullshit man

who gives a shit what some random pro does.

animalpak.com..............lmao:D

This would hit the group every FOURTH day sometimes not fifth correct? Your getting three days rest between each workout sometimes, then four days rest on others.

Also, in this order every third workout you'll have back/bi's then legs the next day. Then also, you'll work chest/tri's then back the next day. Back is just usually a really tough day for me, so do you guys not find this tough at times?

Just lookin for pov's, I think this is a GREAT workout...I don't know if a natty like me could recover in time though.

I was thinking you could maybe alter it to 2on1off1on1off

So like

Day1:Back
Day2:Legs
Day3:Rest
Day4:Chest
Day5:Rest
Day6:Back
Day7:Legs
Day8:Rest
Day9:Chest

So it would always be the same order, but your always getting 4 days rest in between sets.....not insulting your original post either Razor! So don't take it as I'm hijacking your thread..

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
This would hit the group every FOURTH day sometimes not fifth correct? Your getting three days rest between each workout sometimes, then four days rest on others.

Also, in this order every third workout you'll have back/bi's then legs the next day. Then also, you'll work chest/tri's then back the next day. Back is just usually a really tough day for me, so do you guys not find this tough at times?

Just lookin for pov's, I think this is a GREAT workout...I don't know if a natty like me could recover in time though.

I was thinking you could maybe alter it to 2on1off1on1off

So like

Day1:Back
Day2:Legs
Day3:Rest
Day4:Chest
Day5:Rest
Day6:Back
Day7:Legs
Day8:Rest
Day9:Chest

So it would always be the same order, but your always getting 4 days rest in between sets.....not insulting your original post either Razor! So don't take it as I'm hijacking your thread..

What do you guys think?

take it, keep the fundamental ideas intact, mold them to make it work for you.

must be nice to have so much time that you can go every day of the week.
I can only go Monday to Friday and my workouts are limited to my lunch hour.
You all should feel privileged. this is why I don't talk in the gym.

Like Edge said adjust it to fit your needs just keep the fundamentals intact. Try though to hit the body part at least every fifth day for best results.
Leo the only way you will find out if it works give it 6wks. I think you will be surprised.

Their are guys here on this board that train low volume. Phil Heron and all the guys he has trained, Dante and all the guys he has trained, Edge, Big Heinz, Big A ect. Not everyone are volume junkies. How long have you been training, how big are you, how strong? You know how many guys train with just the basics for the first 5 yrs to build strength and size? Go read Lee Appersons High Intensity course on his site.
http://www.leeapperson.com/bookone/intensitycover.html
If you enjoy spending hours in the gym 7 days a week then go for it.

How does this differ from a Yates HIT workout? Looks almost the same....minus the rest/pause, forced reps and drop sets.

Looks like this and Yates method are based on the same principle that only one set to failure is needed. I've been doing this since I started lifting, without knowing that it was an actual method.

Looks like this and Yates method are based on the same principle that only one set to failure is needed. I've been doing this since I started lifting, without knowing that it was an actual method.

Me too...since the early 90s. I thought they were all just HIT variations.

all these methods accomplish the same thing. do enough to trigger a growth response, rest, eat, repeat verry frequently. all the weider principle stuff is 40yr old info. you donw watch a black and white tv anymore do you, its time to upgrade the training as well.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131