over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ulcerative Colitis and Supplementation

UltraHuge

Registered
So, I've recently been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. Within a matter of hours after my diagnosis I immediately started reading anything I could get my hands on. As I'm sure anyone with a fresh diagnosis of this stuff, it's pretty humbling news especially in terms of health and fitness.

I've read all the threads I could find on here when searching Colitis/Crohns but I'm still vague as to what the consensus is on certain issues.

I've never really heard anyone definitively say whether or not they've successfully run an AAS cycle with Ulcerative Colitis. The news sounds positive on the Crohns front, but there are some that say it may be different with UC. I've currently started running 500mg Test-E/wk which is my standard dose. Given that I just started I haven't noticed a flare up (I'm also on prednisone 40mg/ED). I guess I'm curious to hear if there is anyone on here who has a more advanced experience than myself to offer some more in depth insight. I'd like to introduce other things into the cycle i.e. EQ and Mast. But would just like to get more feedback before venturing down that road. Especially if there is other insight I can gain before hand.

In addition to that, any additional information anyone can give me in terms of diet, supplement tips I'd be greatly appreciative. It's one thing to read all these research articles but it's another to hear first hand experience on what works. This forum has been a foundation for me in terms of information and I hope to gain from it's knowledge base once again.

Thanks in advance

-Huge

Crohn's disease here bud.

The thing is, everyone is different.

Test makes me feel great.

Diet is a standard BB diet. I might be great for months and all of a sudden, sick......you know what I mean.

You just have to stay away from things that you know bother you.

My good friend here has it. Bad I guess.
He would be in major pain. Finally what happen is they had to remove his large intestine and now he has a bag. Bad deal man, he is younger then me 33yrs old.
The good news is he tells me he can have a reversal surgery so May not have the bag forever. Realy has him bummed out though.

Make sure you do anything you can to make it better or not get worse
would be my advise.

Rajjin- I really feel for your buddy. My best friend growing up was diagnosed with it a year ago. He's actually on the final phase of the surgery now. It's a 3 part surgery that takes nearly a year. Only positive is that it does cure the disease. And those whom I've spoken with say it's the best decision they could have made. So tell your buddy take the good with the bad, there is an end in sight!

Hopefully I won't have to go down that road. I just want to arm myself with as much information as possible. And I know that during my time here at PM it's always been a wealth of information. From guys not only in the know, but those with first hand experience.

Jer- I hear ya man with figuring out what works. Being so new to the game, it's so hard to figure that out. I just had my first "episode" if you want to call it that. Lost 30lbs in a shade under a month (30lbs took nearly 3yrs for me to pack on). Last thing I want to do is have another one, they are beyond miserable.

Appreciate the feedback guys!

-Huge

Has anyone with colitis had any success using LR3 or DES IGF-1? I know there are studies suggesting they could helpful treating IBS and colitis....

I don't know much about this disease so all I will say is try and stay positive bro. You have my sympathy for what its worth. Also my respect for continuing to do what you want to to and not letting the disease dictate your life.

If you don't mind me asking, do you know what caused it? Hereditary maybe? Or possibly accutane?

Stay strong bro.

i'm also with crohn's. been cycling for a year and a half.
main thing i notice is that as long as i keep the water retention down i'm good, once the bloat comes i'm starting to feel sick.
as far as supps high dose omega-3, glutamine, curcumin dose wonders and a high dose good probiotic.
just started igf-lr3 this week for the first time so we'll see how it goes.

but the most important thing regardless off gear and supps, keep stress down

Jer- I hear ya man with figuring out what works. Being so new to the game, it's so hard to figure that out. I just had my first "episode" if you want to call it that. Lost 30lbs in a shade under a month (30lbs took nearly 3yrs for me to pack on). Last thing I want to do is have another one, they are beyond miserable.

Appreciate the feedback guys!

-Huge
I hear you man, I lost the same in about the same ammount of time. It was devistating at the time. It took me a few weeks of feeling sorry for myself before I picked myself up and told myself to quit bitching and get on with living an otherwise blessed life.
I've had some ups and downs since 2004, but I've made some steady gains over the past few years.
I spent this past Feburary in the hospital related to my disease, it was miserable. I wasn't aloud to eat or drink anything for 10 days!

I don't know much about this disease so all I will say is try and stay positive bro. You have my sympathy for what its worth. Also my respect for continuing to do what you want to to and not letting the disease dictate your life.

If you don't mind me asking, do you know what caused it? Hereditary maybe? Or possibly accutane?

Stay strong bro.

Staying possitive is a great tool. It's very easy to get stressed out, but stress definately has an effect on my disease.

I never took accutane, so that wasn't the reason for me. My sister has it as well, so there might be a genetic factor.
Interesting thing is, we both got diagnost (different times) after coming back from Europe and catching a parasite.
So, is this parasite the reason??? Dunno, but seems a little convienient that it happened to both of us.
There are probably other factors that went into it I'm sure.

Dopamine- They still haven't determined the initial cause of my UC. Since it happened so recently (It started at the beginning of the July and I was just diagnosed last week). They know for a fact it's not hereditary (atleast in my case) the disease itself can be passed like that just like it's close cousin Crohns. But in my case I'm literally a genetic anomaly in terms of how it popped up in my bloodline. There is zero type of colon disease on any side of my family. So I guess that's the one downfall to UC is it can just appear. All my test results were identical to Crohns but it can only be passed down a bloodline so I was immediately ruled out.

Ragex- You kind of eluded to a second part of a question I had. With the water retention, I was considering running EQ/Mast on this cycle. Which would obviously keep the water down. Obviously given how new I am in this whole process I don't know what "triggers" a flare up (and i'd rather not find out). So I was curious to what extent maybe you or anyone else has gone in introducing other anabolics to a cycle.

Again I appreciate all the comments and support it's truly amazing the type of community that we have here. You can't let these things dictate your life, once you let that happen you let it win. I'd much rather have something else take me out of this place then an irritating colon disease!!

-Huge

A quick question in relation to this thread. Does anyone have any recommendations about a good kind of protein to use?

I know a lot of people say certain kinds really do a number on them if they have UC/Crohns. Just wondering if I should get one type vs. another to really avoid long term complications.

Thanks again

-Huge

A quick question in relation to this thread. Does anyone have any recommendations about a good kind of protein to use?

I know a lot of people say certain kinds really do a number on them if they have UC/Crohns. Just wondering if I should get one type vs. another to really avoid long term complications.

Thanks again

-Huge

I just stay away from concentrates that bug my stomach.

90% of the time, my only protein power is TEAM SKIP from True Protein.

My friend was diagnosed in 2003 so I asked on a forum:

**broken link removed**

Still hasn't had to have surgery but just talked with him and he's again shitting blood after being fine for a while. I'm not sure what drugs he's on now but he was on some chemo drugs for a while, in addition to corticos and some type of salicylic acid derivative IIRC.

He hasn't used steroids since.

So, I've recently been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. Within a matter of hours after my diagnosis I immediately started reading anything I could get my hands on. As I'm sure anyone with a fresh diagnosis of this stuff, it's pretty humbling news especially in terms of health and fitness.

I've read all the threads I could find on here when searching Colitis/Crohns but I'm still vague as to what the consensus is on certain issues.

I've never really heard anyone definitively say whether or not they've successfully run an AAS cycle with Ulcerative Colitis. The news sounds positive on the Crohns front, but there are some that say it may be different with UC. I've currently started running 500mg Test-E/wk which is my standard dose. Given that I just started I haven't noticed a flare up (I'm also on prednisone 40mg/ED). I guess I'm curious to hear if there is anyone on here who has a more advanced experience than myself to offer some more in depth insight. I'd like to introduce other things into the cycle i.e. EQ and Mast. But would just like to get more feedback before venturing down that road. Especially if there is other insight I can gain before hand.

In addition to that, any additional information anyone can give me in terms of diet, supplement tips I'd be greatly appreciative. It's one thing to read all these research articles but it's another to hear first hand experience on what works. This forum has been a foundation for me in terms of information and I hope to gain from it's knowledge base once again.

Thanks in advance

-Huge

I have some issues myself. I have to really watch my diet and know my 'trigger' foods to avoid.

I have Chrons as well and I am on Mercaptopurine(MP6) 125mg daily. Its an auto immune drug that supresses it. Also on 1000gm of Pentasa daily, and currently on a bad flare up that rquires me to take this Bad drug called Prednisone (40mg 1st week, 30 mg 2nd wk, 20mg 3rd wk, 10 mg 4th wk)
I am currently 25 yrs old and have had Chrons since like 19 and was on flare ups all the time and feeling so bad and I went through a lot, such as I think you have a different look and perspective of life...
Well my question is that I recently got prescriptions for 200mg a week of Test Cypionate for Test replacement thereapy, since mine is low due to all these meds. I wanna start right away, its a 6 month treatment, should I wait for the Prednisone to finish or just start, will the drugs interact?
Any help or comments are apreciated.

Thanks

I have Chrons as well and I am on Mercaptopurine(MP6) 125mg daily. Its an auto immune drug that supresses it. Also on 1000gm of Pentasa daily, and currently on a bad flare up that rquires me to take this Bad drug called Prednisone (40mg 1st week, 30 mg 2nd wk, 20mg 3rd wk, 10 mg 4th wk)
I am currently 25 yrs old and have had Chrons since like 19 and was on flare ups all the time and feeling so bad and I went through a lot, such as I think you have a different look and perspective of life...
Well my question is that I recently got prescriptions for 200mg a week of Test Cypionate for Test replacement thereapy, since mine is low due to all these meds. I wanna start right away, its a 6 month treatment, should I wait for the Prednisone to finish or just start, will the drugs interact?
Any help or comments are apreciated.

Thanks

I'd start now. Pred can be pretty catabolic. Your dose isn't very big and it's not a long duration, but I think the Test will help you feel better at least.
Prednisone makes me feel like shit (no pun intended), and Test makes me feel good/better.

Be sure to stay on top of your bloodwork. I'm sure you've got a standing order if you're taking all those meds anyway. I get it done every 8 weeks myself.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Jer!
So by what you know, they wont give me bad sides working together those meds... I been trying to figure out...I'm way too excited to start my TRT...But dont wanna blow it by using two diff steroids together, might bring my blood pressure up and all that. I still have this annoying flare up.
I hate Chron's!!

Thank u

Like someone else said, take a high dose probiotic several times a day, eat cultured dairy if you can, and also drink an aloe vera juice. This helped my colitis and I haven't had it come back...

U Colitis is kinda different than Chron's aint it? Also any people out there with Chrons that have good protein brands so I can go buy some? I am taking On Whey Strawberry with lactose free milk, ain't that bad. But it does come back up the drain a little... :(

U Colitis is kinda different than Chron's aint it? Also any people out there with Chrons that have good protein brands so I can go buy some? I am taking On Whey Strawberry with lactose free milk, ain't that bad. But it does come back up the drain a little... :(

Only protein powder I use is Team Skip from TRUE PROTEIN. Never had any problems with it and it tastes great.

*Note*
Thicker proteins like casein and blends like Team Skip lend themselves better to non-fruity flavors. I like coconut, banana, choc peanut.

Whey's and lighter proteins do well with the fruity flavors like fruit punch, grape.....blah, blah, blah.

Thanks for the reply Jer!
So by what you know, they wont give me bad sides working together those meds... I been trying to figure out...I'm way too excited to start my TRT...But dont wanna blow it by using two diff steroids together, might bring my blood pressure up and all that. I still have this annoying flare up.
I hate Chron's!!

Thank u

I've done it (and at higher than a HRT dose) and everything was fine as far as sides and bloodwork go.

Hope the flare subsides soon bro, I feel ya. It can get rough at times, but keep your head up and keep hitting that iron.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131