over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ultimate Hypertrophy Training

Hey RC even though I'm an individual that's used to an high volume routine with high intensity. This routine should yeild high intensity for it's volume right? If not could I ad another set of 12 to the excersises? or another set of 6?

Yes even though this is lower volume it will yield a great amount of intensity. Try the routine as is. If you feel like adding another set you can. This is all about growth as just not adding to hypertrophy but also hyperplaysia hense the stretch overload which more experienced trainers will benefit from as it has shown to benefit those with large amounts of hypertrophy.

Yes even though this is lower volume it will yield a great amount of intensity. Try the routine as is. If you feel like adding another set you can. This is all about growth as just not adding to hypertrophy but also hyperplaysia hense the stretch overload which more experienced trainers will benefit from as it has shown to benefit those with large amounts of hypertrophy.

Hi RC - I have a couple other questions about this routine (sorry for the repost).

What's the suggested rest time between sets? Is it the same between all the sets or do you rest a little more between compound 1 and compound 2 than you do between compound 2 and isolation 1?

How many variations of the UHT workout are there and is one favored over the others? Do they all accomplish the same thing? It looks like there's this one, another with some more higher rep sets and another which supersets opposing muscle groups.

Thanks!

Hi RC - I have a couple other questions about this routine (sorry for the repost).

What's the suggested rest time between sets? Is it the same between all the sets or do you rest a little more between compound 1 and compound 2 than you do between compound 2 and isolation 1?

How many variations of the UHT workout are there and is one favored over the others? Do they all accomplish the same thing? It looks like there's this one, another with some more higher rep sets and another which supersets opposing muscle groups.

Thanks!

I find rest between straight sets is not important, as long as you are breathing normal. Can be anywhere between 1-3 min.

I do have a couple variations of the program. This all depends on experience and how long you have been doing the original. Bodybuilders with huge amounts of hypertrophy need to concentrate on more hyperplasia which is produced by more stretch overload.

Getting new dvd's to watch this week and starting this new routine looking for serious gains now. I will keep this thread updated and make a log.

Razor Cuts, thanks for sharing this knowledge to us! Have done one workout allready and will be continue with this program because I really want to finally find some results because I haven't had any improvements in about a years so I have been kind of frustrated with training with no results - not muscle growth or strength gain either in whole year. Hope
this wil finally do the trick andl work!

I have few stupid questions:

a) what is TUT? I was figuring out something like time under tension or what does that mean? And if it has to be over 30sec I was wondering how would that be possible wigh sets like 4-6 reps? Think that wouldn't get over 20 even..

b) I have quiet a good amount of muscle from over six years of training and you were talking that people with good amount of hypertrofy should focus on stretch overload. Can you give some details about that? I have done DC's extreme stretches about in every workout many months now so do you mean basically same kind of strecthing?

Thank you!

Ps. Sorry my language mistakes: my mother language isn't english.

Razor Cuts, thanks for sharing this knowledge to us! Have done one workout allready and will be continue with this program because I really want to finally find some results because I haven't had any improvements in about a years so I have been kind of frustrated with training with no results - not muscle growth or strength gain either in whole year. Hope
this wil finally do the trick andl work!

I have few stupid questions:

a) what is TUT? I was figuring out something like time under tension or what does that mean? And if it has to be over 30sec I was wondering how would that be possible wigh sets like 4-6 reps? Think that wouldn't get over 20 even..

b) I have quiet a good amount of muscle from over six years of training and you were talking that people with good amount of hypertrofy should focus on stretch overload. Can you give some details about that? I have done DC's extreme stretches about in every workout many months now so do you mean basically same kind of strecthing?

Thank you!

Ps. Sorry my language mistakes: my mother language isn't english.

You are right time under tension. If you are doing 6 reps then you would do 2 sec up, 1 sec pause, 2 sec down. 5sec x 6reps = 30 sec.

Stretch overload is doing a stretch movement that allows you to use weight. Example incline flys. Its a stretch movement and you use as much weight as possible to overload the muscle.

deadlift??

where would i ideally add a REGULAR deadlift. it is my favorite exercise. ?? ? ? ?

So far so good. I've had to ad 1 set to each excersise for high intensity.

ok. i figured i might replace the squat but if that is your suggestion i will try it. i would like to go heavy with deadlifts so this sounds good.

You are right time under tension. If you are doing 6 reps then you would do 2 sec up, 1 sec pause, 2 sec down. 5sec x 6reps = 30 sec.

Stretch overload is doing a stretch movement that allows you to use weight. Example incline flys. Its a stretch movement and you use as much weight as possible to overload the muscle.

okey, thanx for answering. About that TUT and 6 reps again.. I was thinking that if one is using nearly maximum weight it would be nearly impossible to keep tut over 30 seconds and I thought you meant that in this program the first 4-6reps heavy set should be fast strength set where you lift your maximum weight and do that 4-6 reps no matter how long does it takes.

But so you think it is better to also do that first low rep set with over 30s tut? Or 4-6reps with maximum weight - no matter how fast you do that? Wich would you prefer. That second longer set sounds better to do that over 30s tut.

2)
i have done DC's extreme strecthing (as I mentioned) and have been doing about that kind of technique you mentioned. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.. But usually I will go 30-60 seconds and it hurts like hell. But I do static strecthes. Do you think that it would be better to make sets also where you just do long stretch after every lift?

Even for the heavy compound set i like the 30 sec TUT. Its not so much about how heavy you can go but how heavy you can go with that TUT. So you may need to adjust the weight but still enough to fail on yet do it in a 30 sec TUT manner.
You can add stretches after your movements if you would like. Remember the routine is not set in stone yet the concept is. As long as you leave the base philosophy of the routine alone you can plug and play.
Most make training way more complicated and time consuming than it has to be. Just follow the simple yet tried and true methods and you will grow. It comes down to more of your diet and supplements than the routines. Do not make it more complex than it has to be to grow and reach your genetic promise.

Last edited:
great way to train. rest pause does wonders for me and breaking it up in a days and b days is something i started doing with yates and dc training which really simplifies it.

RC, i have a few questions on the routine if you would be so kind -

I am just back in the gym (6 weeks) after a 2 year layoff due to illness and everything is going fine and energy is increasing evryday as time goes on (i had CFS by the way)

Now, i can only train Mon, Wed & Fri and my real weakness`s are back and delts. With your routine this would mean some weeks i wouldnt be doing any delt compound movements and would only be doing either a back width or back thickness exercise.

As i am quite `trappy` can i 1st swap the shrugs for rack deadlifts and also can you describe the Incline 1 arm lateral? is it lying face down on the incline bench so you hit more lateral/rear delt or is it lying on your side on the incline bench so as to overstretch the lateral delt (i hope ive explained myself correctly )

Thanks in advance :cool:

RC, i have a few questions on the routine if you would be so kind -

I am just back in the gym (6 weeks) after a 2 year layoff due to illness and everything is going fine and energy is increasing evryday as time goes on (i had CFS by the way)

Now, i can only train Mon, Wed & Fri and my real weakness`s are back and delts. With your routine this would mean some weeks i wouldnt be doing any delt compound movements and would only be doing either a back width or back thickness exercise.

As i am quite `trappy` can i 1st swap the shrugs for rack deadlifts and also can you describe the Incline 1 arm lateral? is it lying face down on the incline bench so you hit more lateral/rear delt or is it lying on your side on the incline bench so as to overstretch the lateral delt (i hope ive explained myself correctly )

Thanks in advance :cool:

Yes you can swap. You can plug and play as long as you keep the principals the same.
You are correct about the incline laterals.

Im struggling to see how this causes much hypertrophy compared to like Dogcrapp training...surely thats gonna cause more strain?

This seems just like 2sets of a Compound exercise, followed by 1 exercise of an isolation exercise?

I know TUT for each of the 3sets is 30secs...so on the isolation exercise its simply nice slow squeeze to the top with say a 5s squeeze at the top of the rep..then lower it down for about 20s?

Bit confused..

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost