advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ultimate Post Workout Shake; If cost is no obect?

Landmonster

Registered
Hello all.

I'm looking to create an OPTIMAL post-workout shake for myself, based on the latest scientific research/findings.

While various protocols may be effective, I'm looking for the most optimal one, that is currently backed by research. I'm trying to get the most effectiveness out of every dollar out of my legal post-workout nutrition.
This is for curiosity sake, and to maximize my own lean growth.

Please comment on the following ingredients:

Proteins: What kind, and how much? Popular opinion has said whey, but lately I've been hearing that Hydrolyzed Whey might be better. There is also hydrolyzed casein, which is said to be good. Do we use hydrosolates or not? If so, how much and in what form?
Carbs: Should we still use dextrose? or a combination of dextrose and something else, such as maltodextrin or Waxy Maize?
Fats: Are any fats needed? Last I heard, they were not desirable at this time.
Aminos: Should any specific amino acids be added to a post-workout shake? BCAAS, Leucine in isolation, glutamine, etc? If so, how much?
Extra "Goodies": Are there any extra good items to throw into this shake? Such as... vitamins or minerals, enzymes, supplements, special substances, etc?

I don't want this thread to turn into something like, "I just use chocolate milk and it's all good, lolz", or "Save your money bro and just eat food!", or "Muscle Milk tastes the best...".

FYI, I am using this:

Proteins: 50g Whey Isolate
Carbs: 50g pure dextrose
Fats: No added fats
Aminos: 10g BCAA powder (2:1:1 Leucine)
Extra "Goodies": 10g Creapure Creatine powder

I fill this with 1 quart of water immediately post workout, and drink it.

Are there any obvious tweaks to this to make it better?

splitting hairs wont get you anywhere faster

many pros and vets do whole food. its not what you want to hear but its the truth

others do whey only, some add carb powder, waxy maize or cytocarb or something... gatorade powder.

throwing in some leucine and creatine wouldnt hurt

dont overthink stuff like this.

spending $10 a day on a fancy pwo shake isnt going to make any difference in the long run as long as you are getting solid protein and carbs thats all that really matters

personally, i do:

2 scoops of protein
2 scoops of cytocarb
5g creatine monohydrate
Fruit (strawberries, banana, blueverries, whatever i happen to buy)
almond milk

blend it up and drink that, then i shower and eat a whole food meal about 30 minutes later

like he said, you dont want to hear it, but that shake has no advantage over food. but as far as shakes go i like karbolyn with creatine and bcaas, then ill drink a seperate whey protein shake with it because i dont like the taste of mixing them.

i go straight home and eat a meal. Wife has dinner hot and ready every day at 7 30pm

id blend 30mg of dbol into my shake if i could

now thatll up protein synthesis:D

I think the advantage of a shake versus food post workout is the quicker absorption rate. Right now im using Humapro as my post workout protein source. When im not using humapro I use 2 scoops of whey isolate, 50-80 grams dextrose usually, and 5-10 grams creatine. extra leucine on occasion.

another vote for food! red meat for my post workout meal.

I think the advantage of a shake versus food post workout is the quicker absorption rate. Right now im using Humapro as my post workout protein source. When im not using humapro I use 2 scoops of whey isolate, 50-80 grams dextrose usually, and 5-10 grams creatine. extra leucine on occasion.

First of all the digestion rate difference is not as fast as some people think, unless you are eating your steaks whole without chewing. It is not because it's taken with liquid, that it is liquid. Those molecules still need to be broken down into amino acids. But let's say it absorbed quicker like alot of the kids on bb.com keep chanting, what does that mean? It will mean that you will have a more condensed window of protein synthesis, which will only equate to more chance that it gets stored as fat. Not to mention most people already over do it with protein intake.

Then I could go on about digestion, bloating, lack of nutrition, chemical additives, soft stools, bioavailability, tastes like shit compared to a good steak, etc etc...

You guys gotta get over it, protein powders have always been a marketing hype, unless you are on the road 24/7, there's no reason to use any of them. It's a thing of the past.

like he said, you dont want to hear it, but that shake has no advantage over food. but as far as shakes go i like karbolyn with creatine and bcaas, then ill drink a seperate whey protein shake with it because i dont like the taste of mixing them.

Agree. Any guru can tell u the same. Phil and Shelby will tell u the same.

I like shakes for convenient sake.
I could not tell the difference when switching to food in terms of recovery and muscle growth.

carnivore mass gainer best shake postworkout while wanting to gain size,beef protein,waxy maze,0 sugars,5 grams creatine,cant beat that

Use something along the lines of Beverly Mass aminos or PeptoPro or whey hydro immediately after training.

Around 20 Mass tabs or six 70cc scoops of PP or WH powder if you're over 200 lbs.

Very few of us can chow down on whole food right after training without spewing. And right after training is when you need a crapload of quickly digestible aminos.

Save the fatass steak or whole rotisserie chicken for when you get an appetite, usually an hour or so after a workout.

If you want to add ancillaries to the basic aminos, go for it, but just be sure to get plenty of aminos right after training and you'll make gains.

Shakes has no advantages over food except for the BCAA.

After workout, take your BCAA. Go home take your peps until u get so hungry and enjoy your mama's cooking works best for me.

You're the supplement companies' favorite customer!

Just eat real, whole foods like you normally would. It won't make any difference.

Oh, I guess it will make a difference--you'll have a larger figure in your checking account.

I firmly believe It makes a large difference, at this time it is all about max insulin elevation, and driving nutrients into a muscle. Iv always been v hot on my nutrition around the workout. For me it's always been pepto pro, karbolyn and eaa....with r ala and other glucose disposal agents

I firmly believe It makes a large difference, at this time it is all about max insulin elevation, and driving nutrients into a muscle. Iv always been v hot on my nutrition around the workout. For me it's always been pepto pro, karbolyn and eaa....with r ala and other glucose disposal agents

Haha, finally!

Digestion rates do differ in whey vs animal flesh. You'll still have aminos floating around in the blood from your previous meal but I good spike post work out isnt bad either, then following with a whole meal.

In all honesty I think money would be better spent on more gear, GH, Slin, IGF etc but like what was mentioned in the quoted...

Hydrolyzed casein, a fast carb like karbolyn, and certain aminos (I personally think lecuine is superior to EAA's but thats just my opinion).

Use something along the lines of Beverly Mass aminos or PeptoPro or whey hydro immediately after training.

Around 20 Mass tabs or six 70cc scoops of PP or WH powder if you're over 200 lbs.

Very few of us can chow down on whole food right after training without spewing. And right after training is when you need a crapload of quickly digestible aminos.

Save the fatass steak or whole rotisserie chicken for when you get an appetite, usually an hour or so after a workout.

If you want to add ancillaries to the basic aminos, go for it, but just be sure to get plenty of aminos right after training and you'll make gains.

How much muscle is built right after training...as opposed to 24-48 hours after training?

OP, unless you use insulin spend your money on higher quality food & more aas.

I was doing 3 scoops of Karboload and 3 scoops of whey isolate.

Now i'm doing 16oz tilapia and as much white rice as I can shove down my throat (about 4 cups).

The secret is more about what you are doing 24 hours a day, all year.

How much muscle is built right after training...as opposed to 24-48 hours after training?

OP, unless you use insulin spend your money on higher quality food & more aas.
Absolutely none. You should just starve yourself of any and all aminos for at least a few hours after training. Screw the two-hour window of opportunity. You'll show it who's boss.

No need to get sarcastic...I just think muscle is built in the days after a workout, not in the "2 hour window of opportunity" that is so highly touted by Muscletech & other supplement companies.

But if it's working for you, than rock on man. Somebody's gotta buy those supplements :D

No need to get sarcastic...I just think muscle is built in the days after a workout, not in the "2 hour window of opportunity" that is so highly touted by Muscletech & other supplement companies.

But if it's working for you, than rock on man. Somebody's gotta buy those supplements :D

It doesn't have anything to do with supplement companies. It may be used as a ploy to sell product but it is founded in real science.

Immediately following a training session is when the human physiology is most receptive to amino acids administration and it would be pretty damned foolish to disregard this optimal recovery time frame.

But hey, some of us just don't want that extra 10-20%.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131