over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Umbilical hernia

I developed what I think is either diastis recti or a hernia. If I lean back or flex a certain way, there is a lump that sticks out from my lower abs up towards above my belly. button

Anyone else? I'm hoping its just diastis

I think I can get away with just living with it for now but my FNP at the VA mentioned that strangulation issue too and said that was her main concern with not having it repaired.
If it's rather small, strangulation isn't a worry. How large would you say your's is?

I developed what I think is either diastis recti or a hernia. If I lean back or flex a certain way, there is a lump that sticks out from my lower abs up towards above my belly. button

Anyone else? I'm hoping its just diastis
Yeah, sounds like my diastasis recti. It looks like a ridge running down the middle. Mine developed not long after my hernia surgery.

Do a crunch to make it stick up and take a picture of it. Post it up.

Yeah, sounds like my diastasis recti. It looks like a ridge running down the middle. Mine developed not long after my hernia surgery.

That's exactly it. It sticks out throughout the middle. Do you know what caused yours? Maybe a muscle weakness developed after getting the surgery which split the abs?

Thanks as always.

That's exactly it. It sticks out throughout the middle. Do you know what caused yours? Maybe a muscle weakness developed after getting the surgery which split the abs?

Thanks as always.
I don't know exactly what caused it, but I dont think it was a coincidence that it happened right after my hernia surgery.

I have a hypothesis that the laparoscopic process might have caused it.I think they have to inflate your abdomen with air so that they can see in there. Perhaps they stretched it out too much. I can see where having thick muscular abs makes the wall more stiff and harder to stretch out, so they have to increase the air pressure inside there. That's just my educated guess. It's probably wrong.

Mine runs all the way from my sternum down to the belly button.

I had it done in Feb. and using a lifting belt is impossible now. Just feels uncomfortable. Other than that no real issues..and I got a large mesh covering most of the abdomen to prevent it reoccurring.

I had mine repaired. No mesh. It’s been 15 years and no issues. I played in a football game two weeks after repair. I got the hernia deadlifting. I felt it pop out on a heavy pull. I was wearing a belt

Main thing is can you reduce it, push it back in. If you can it's not serious, but now I have an outline for sure. Mines about a quarter. I may get it fixed just due to cosmetic reasons.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131