over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Unbelievable hunger pains!

big_byrd52

World Record Holder/Featured Member/KiloKlub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I have tried to lower my protein intake and eat more carbs for a little while. but if i eat any carb other than oatmeal or granny smith apples, my appetite goes insane and i cant stop eatiing! i have not been really low carb, around 150g / day. its not as bad as after a show, but its pretty bad. i just got lean and dont want to blow it in a few days like i did after my shows. any suggestions?

I woudl advise, eating some fiberous carbs, or taking straight fiber powder, citrucel, or even the tablets.

Have those carbs, and protein, down a fiber shake, with 1 glass of water, it really fills you up, so you are not hungry, it is a large diet strategy of mine when im trying to limit calories, or if I pig out, slows the absorption or hit on insulin levels.

vitor said:
I woudl advise, eating some fiberous carbs, or taking straight fiber powder, citrucel, or even the tablets.

Have those carbs, and protein, down a fiber shake, with 1 glass of water, it really fills you up, so you are not hungry, it is a large diet strategy of mine when im trying to limit calories, or if I pig out, slows the absorption or hit on insulin levels.
I agree...fiber can help you out ina lot of ways

thanks for the info, ill try it.

hey

1 cup of lima beans with 8 grams of fiber per 1/2 cup does the trick for me. Try and space out the 1 cup over the day and it makes you very full and im not bloated either.

yep I tend to have the same problem as you , fibers intake seems to get ride of it

It's all a matter of will power.

no, its a matter of hormones.

Eat whole pizzas, on top of a shake. It works for me ;)

big_byrd52 said:
no, its a matter of hormones.

Yes, you are right. There is a hormone called ghrelin which causes these hunger pains. Sith that being said, it's up to you to decide whether or not you give in to these hunger pains. I've been dieting since november and I have unbelievable hunger pains as well. It gets so bad sometimes that I start shaking but I don't give in. Why? b/c I know what my goals are and what it takes to get there. While dieting in the past, I would usually give in to my hunger pains. Now it's different. I don't know what it is this time but I've stayed true to the diet.

IMO, this is what makes precontest dieting so difficult. Sure, anyone could do a precontest diet for 1-2 weeks but doing it for 12+ weeks is enough to make anyone lose it. However, there are those out there that can keep it together mentally even on long arduous diets.

Last edited:
thats the thing tho, Pdogg. im not on a diet. i have just come off of one. i have been eating semi low carbs for the last 2 years or so. no more than 200 g a day even when bulking. i was going to switch it up and drop protein and bump up carb intake to around 450-500 g for a while. to do that, i have to eat alot more carbs per meal. well, the insulin response is rediculous right now. if i dont eat more i start getting cold sweats and light headed. i have gone back to 150-200 g carbs / day for a few days and no problem with out of control appetite. i have no problem sticking to diet, untill i tried to bump carb intake. u see what im saying?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131