over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Unconventional Insulin Usage

G.I.Bro

Banned
Registered
Most everyone here is familiar with insulin usage during a gaining phase. The popularity of protocol recommendations like Mike Arnold's Intra-Workout protocol, and all the discussions around them, has given most people a pretty good understanding of using insulin during a gaining period or bulking period. When you are concerned with pure gains, the extra calories and little extra fat gain are not as much a concern.

What I am asking is for people with a lot of slin experience to share their thoughts and experience on using slin in unconventional ways like during cutting, or using dnp, etc.

For example, going into mild calorie deficit and cutting carbs greatly to lean up. Yet still doing a small amount of slin (8-10iu) with zero fat Intra-Workout nutrition to make sure any body fat storage is minimized while still getting some of the benefits of shuttling the clean carbs and protein into the system during the intra/post training window. The PWO meal would also be very low or not fat. I have seen this type of slin use employed 2-3 days a week ONLY during Intra while cutting/recomping. Does anyone who has tried this feel it sabotaged their fat loss goals? Were you able to stay fuller while still leaning up this way? Slin is tremendously anabolic even when you are in a calorie deficit. However, if you are relying on the weight training window to help with a calorie deficit or burn fat, the insulin will pretty much halt lipolysis for that time window its active. I'd probably implement some fasted cardio in the AM.

Thoughts/Experience on these type of unconventional usages?

Last edited:
I used insulin and DNP for dat 'poor man's DES'

was not impressed. chasing two rabbits at once isn't very productive

I used insulin and DNP for dat 'poor man's DES'

was not impressed. chasing two rabbits at once isn't very productive

Elaborate on your dose/method/protocol and results a bit more, dear? :p Im curious.

Also, for those reading, I just want to clarify, I am not talking about going borderline hypo by going low carb during the slin window. I would never even encourage attempting that. I just mean low carb the majority of the day, but cover your IU amount with equivalent clean carbs during the intra/active Humalog/Novalog window. So basically your ONLY carbs are primarily consumed around training.

Last edited:
Goodness..this is unnecessary. Don't use slin on a diet except for refeeds. Simple.

Goodness..this is unnecessary. Don't use slin on a diet except for refeeds. Simple.

This is definitely understandable. And I am interested in your reasoning here. Not saying I disagree, but the whole point is opinions on the approach. Not necessarily endorsing it. So Knight9, I'm curious on more detail to your opinion. I assume its basically that using slin when dieting is a waste because 1) calorie surplus is needed for slin to be worth it and 2) the goals of fat burning and FFA liberation are too highly conflicted with the effects of slin (direct opposition basically) 3) reducing insulin sensitivity which you NEED during fat loss periods.

Last edited:
Elaborate on your dose/method/protocol and results a bit more, dear? :p Im curious.

Also, for those reading, I just want to clarify, I am not talking about going borderline hypo by going low carb during the slin window. I would never even encourage attempting that. I just mean low carb the majority of the day, but cover your IU amount with equivalent clean carbs during the intra/active Humalog/Novalog window. So basically your ONLY carbs are primarily consumed around training.

used 500mg DNP ED and 10iu humalin R on training days.

was in calorie deficit but still getting enough carbs not to go hypo.. plus DNP helps you not go hypo.

it's like trying to grow while trying to lean out.. just doesn't make much sense...

This is a very good topic. If one could zero in on the exact number of carbs needed during the workout I doubt any fat would be gained.

Im sure many guys do this, I cant remember what it was callled but i've read a thread on here detailing how to do this.

Does anyone really think the pro's aren't still doing insulin during their cutting phases? I would bet they probably are.

I think insulin works best whilst dieting

Cals below maintenance

Healthy dose of t3 clen and tren in the arsenal

A little lantus on training days where carbs where around 200 to 250 g to keep bg levels lower throughout the day

Humalog with the 3 to 4 meals on training days that contain carbs

Off days from training no carbs no slin and some fasted cardio

Cinnamon and chromium picolinate before each carb meal but that may prove inconsequential.

I feel the insulin makes the carbs work so much better, and the lower bg levels help allot with fat loss, depending on aas doses i usually recomp during this approach. Minimal catabolism by sure.

I wouldnt consider 200g-250g carbs even close to low. I was trying to manipulate 5-7ui humalog on low carb days 50-75g and its just too hard not going hyp, especially on leg day.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear