over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Unconventional training split...

FrancisK

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I'm 6'1 220 just turned 33 been training since I was a teenager although more geared toward conditioning, I was a wrestler in college. Took a lazy bitch hiatus for a while and have been training hard again the past few years. Not on anything right now but starting a test/tren/var cycle very soon, looking to lean out for the summer.

Alright so I've been doing a basic 3 day split for a long time:

M-Legs/Shoulders
T-Cardio/cals
W-Chest/Tris
Th-Cardio/Cals
F-Back/Bi's
Sa-Cardio/Cals
S-off

4 exercises for each major and 3 for each minor, about 21 sets a workout plus warmups.

I recently switched over to a one body part a day routine:

M-Legs
T-Shoulders
W-Arms
Th-Back
F-Chest
Sa-Cardio/Cals
S-off

4 exercises for each part, about 12 sets a workout.

I don't like either, I feel like 7 days is too long to hit body parts. I've been doing sets of over/under hand pullups + dips/pushups before and after each workout to add some extra credit but I don't think it's enough.

I'm considering the following split:

Monday - back/bis
Tuesday - Chest/tris
Wednesday - Legs/Shoulders
Thursday - Cardio/Cals
Friday - FULL BODY no powerlifts
Sa - Cardio/Cals
Su - off

Mo/Tu/We I would do my normal routines with my powerlifts although reduce volume a bit and then on Friday I would hit everything again but skip the powerlifts, basically no squats or deadlifts. Before and after every workout I'll still do my cals and I run to the gym so that is my warmup.

What do you guys think about this routine has anyone run something like this?

I've been thinking of something like this. I find I like more volume now that my joints won't let me train as heavy as my past. I'm in my 40's for reference.

Attachments

• Screenshot-146-e1431377840594.png
    Screenshot-146-e1431377840594.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,034
Last edited:
I've been thinking of something like this. I find I like more volume now that my joints won't let me train as heavy as my past. I'm in my 40's for reference.

I like it, similar concept but I hit my bi's pretty hard as I feel they are a weak point so not exactly the same. Also I'm actually decreasing volume on individual days but working parts twice a week. Have you ever ran anything like it before?

Last edited:
I haven't ran this one but have tried a lot of splits. I seem to do best with a 4-5 days rest between parts.

Im coming up on my 1st year of DC training and it has been eye opening. less time in the gym, more time relaxing and doing things i enjoy.

i competed in mens bikini last year at 181lbs on april 30th, this year i weight 235 still with very visible abs but a little more fluff on my back and im not really pushing the food intake hard as im busy with work and college.

Also forgot to add that when I'm on prep I will do a quad day and then a hamstring and glute day and consolidate my should and arm days

Why don't you try the DC 3 way split 4 days a week?

Why don't you try the DC 3 way split 4 days a week?

I've looked into DC training and definitely trust Dante and the numerous people who swear by it but I just don't think the program works for me. I really like structure and specifics and I feel like it doesn't necessarily have that, lots of variables. I think it's pretty advanced for me and I'm not really a bodybuilder I work out to look good and feel good not necessarily to be huge or compete.

Regardless is that what you do? Do you mind laying it out?

Chest/shoulders/tris

Hams/quads/calves

Back/bi/abs

I do 2 on 1 off so I hit the gym about 4x a weem

Ironically , I created this split yesterday for my off season. I didn't know it was called DC training split.. Interesting. But I was gonna do 6 days week to hit each body part twice

Ironically , I created this split yesterday for my off season. I didn't know it was called DC training split.. Interesting. But I was gonna do 6 days week to hit each body part twice

It works well. If you can handle 6x a week that's great. My sympathetic nervous system takes a beating and I have trouble sleeping/relaxing. My buddy goes 3 on 1 off and does great.

It works well. If you can handle 6x a week that's great. My sympathetic nervous system takes a beating and I have trouble sleeping/relaxing. My buddy goes 3 on 1 off and does great.

I just had great experience with hitting body parts twice. More growth and improvement. I might just focus on weak body parts to cut workout downs and train a little less

I just had great experience with hitting body parts twice. More growth and improvement. I might just focus on weak body parts to cut workout downs and train a little less

I like this as well 3/1 followed by 3/2.

Lately I have been doing whole body routines and haven't lost much of anything.

However I use to do Dorian's old training split up until he won the British Nationals

Chest Back Delts
Legs Arms

And found that to be a pretty good split if you like to train heavy hard and lower volume.

Another weird one I like is

Back/tris
Quads
Chest/shoulder/bi
Hams
Off
Repeat

This helped fill in my back by doing SLDL/Romanian deads on ham day

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN