over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Uni-lateral lifts?

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone incorporate unilateral movements into their routines. I've been doing unilateral hammer presses instead of standard (incine,decline,flat) with huge gains in strength. bigger pumps then before pumped and more sore.
The stretch is much deeper it feel.

Yes, a lot in the last few years. One leg at a time is the only way I can safely use the leg press machine, seems to take all the pressure off my lowback. All unilateral lifts feel a lot safer to me.

Used them on various body parts over the decades.

Yep. Lateral raises, Incline dumbbell press and single Leg press are all included.

I've always done some Unilateral Lifts.
But in the last few years, I've incorporated a lot more.
Better Gains without Overly Stressing my Joints........................ JP

I blew a quadricep out couple years ago so I always throw in some kind of unilateral movement, something that tends to make me have concentrate to keep my balance. Whenever my shoulders start to feel beat up I start doing things like standing one arm dumbell press and one arm dumbbell press bench press in favor of the standard two arm version, normally fixes any of the pain I'm feeling after couple weeks.

Anyone incorporate unilateral movements into their routines. I've been doing unilateral hammer presses instead of standard (incine,decline,flat) with huge gains in strength. bigger pumps then before pumped and more sore.
The stretch is much deeper it feel.

I do Iso Lateral movements often. One of the gyms I train in has a whole line up of Hammer Strength Iso Lateral equipment. Some of my favorite pieces to train on.

I do Iso Lateral movements often. One of the gyms I train in has a whole line up of Hammer Strength Iso Lateral equipment. Some of my favorite pieces to train on.

I feel one would get better gains in the chest doing iso lateral machines with one arm vs both. I could be wrong but maybe.

I will never give up the exercises with bar, but when I am looking for a lower body fat, I will increase the unilateral exercises.

All the time, for me a 1 leg legpress works better for my quad sweep than a regular legpress for instance.

I can’t figure out why I am soo much stronger unilat? I thought I was just because my structures all fucked up or just my focus , anyone else notice these they are stronger. Also have to be care as your first side is most likely to procure more effective effort. Start weaker side first.

I can’t figure out why I am soo much stronger unilat? I thought I was just because my structures all fucked up or just my focus , anyone else notice these they are stronger. Also have to be care as your first side is most likely to procure more effective effort. Start weaker side first.

Your CNS, core muscles, stabilizers etc only have to work supporting one side as opposed to 2. So that can aid in utilizing more muscle fibers in some movements as I see it.

Your CNS, core muscles, stabilizers etc only have to work supporting one side as opposed to 2. So that can aid in utilizing more muscle fibers in some movements as I see it.

This makes sense.

Isolateral exercises = double the time at the gym.

The only way I recommend isolateral anything is if you have the other body part missing

But seriously though, I think they have a place in the gym and I had not really thought much about how doing something like isolateral raises for deltoids might help develop the muscles in a new way.

But on the real tip, only isolateral movements I do are alternating bicep curls and front lateral raises for the deltoid. That's it! I mainly do it that way because it feel awkward to put two dumbells directly out on extended arms in front of me.

I really like doing standing leg curls. My left leg was considerably weaker at that when I first started. Another benefit is to even out the strength and mass of both limbs.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws