over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

UNIVERSAL RECALLS SUPPLEMENTS

DAM!!!! Glad I dont drink there protein!!!!!!

wow! very surprising to me. i always thought that they were one of the more solid supplement companies out there. guess this goes to show that this type of stuff can happen to anyone

Looks like they're handling it very responsibly. They didn't even have to recall their product, but they did anyway in the interests of their customers. More power to them.

YIKES! ONLY THING I USE FROM THEM IS THEIR "KWIK ENERGY" I LOVE IT..

I got bloody shits from their Torrent--this was like 4 years ago though. I've loved their other stuff though.

This is incredibly shocking to me....reason being ....across the board when you order protein from the dairies (or their packaging mediaries) here in the United States....you ALWAYS get a COA on that lot and on that COA among the other specs is the testing for salmonella. Now i dont want to speculate and I know Big A knows this too as (F) over near him follows the same proper protocols....but the first thing that pops in my head is "Are you as a company buying your protein from a specific foreign country that we all know better than to buy protien from?" Because I cant fathom another way of salmonella making it thru the cracks. Thats not a corner you should be cutting if that is true.

This is incredibly shocking to me....reason being ....across the board when you order protein from the dairies (or their packaging mediaries) here in the United States....you ALWAYS get a COA on that lot and on that COA among the other specs is the testing for salmonella. Now i dont want to speculate and I know Big A knows this too as (F) over near him follows the same proper protocols....but the first thing that pops in my head is "Are you as a company buying your protein from a specific foreign country that we all know better than to buy protien from?" Because I cant fathom another way of salmonella making it thru the cracks. Thats not a corner you should be cutting if that is true.

I spoke to my Universal Rep over a week ago when this was happening, and he explained to me what had happened. I'm not too knowledgeable on the manufacturing process of all of this, so you have you excuse a little bit of my ignorance.

He told me that whoever processes their whey powder had called them because another company, completely unrelated to them had a bit of a salmonella scare. The problem is Universal didn't have this problem, but they didn't clean the machines that this whey had gone through and the salmonella batch was right before Universal's batch. So they were afraid of cross-contamination.

He claimed they tested their powders and found no salmonella, and in fact the other company had tested theirs and found no salmonella as well.. The FDA still insisted that they recall their products for fear that the products might be contaminated.

So what it looked liked to me, is that Universal and the Whey isn't at fault, but whoever makes their products for them.

There was nothing found, its just as a precaution UN is taking... very responsible.

"Universal Nutrition tested the whey protein upon receiving it and again after the issue arose. In both instances, the tests proved negative for Salmonella. Further, Universal Nutrition performed over 40 analytical tests on the specific lot numbers in question with negative results for Salmonella in each and every case.

To date, there have been no positive tests for Salmonella contamination at Universal Nutrition or any reports of illness related to the products."

Got to hand it to them, they are handling this like a good company should.

Always liked some of their products, while others had me scratching my head at their usefulness.

I spoke to my Universal Rep over a week ago when this was happening, and he explained to me what had happened. I'm not too knowledgeable on the manufacturing process of all of this, so you have you excuse a little bit of my ignorance.

He told me that whoever processes their whey powder had called them because another company, completely unrelated to them had a bit of a salmonella scare. The problem is Universal didn't have this problem, but they didn't clean the machines that this whey had gone through and the salmonella batch was right before Universal's batch. So they were afraid of cross-contamination.

He claimed they tested their powders and found no salmonella, and in fact the other company had tested theirs and found no salmonella as well.. The FDA still insisted that they recall their products for fear that the products might be contaminated.

So what it looked liked to me, is that Universal and the Whey isn't at fault, but whoever makes their products for them.

**broken link removed**

Recalls and warnings for dietary supplements

There were a hell of a lot more companies affected by this....BIG companies.... BUT for whatever reason the small ones are the only ones doing a recall. The manufacturer is a well known US manufacturer of Whey Protein. I assume that the recall wouldve been for 3 months or more of production dating back to the last plant testing they have documented. Most of the big guys do their own 3rd party lab testing and if they have full testing results on every load and Lot purchsed showing no traces then I am guessing they didnt have to recall. This is the second time in 2 years a large US manufacturing facility has had recalls for this same reason. When you get to be so large and have so much product going through your plant youre bound to have something go wrong at some time.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws