over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Unorthodox Training

Jeremy24

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For the last few weeks ive been doing some unorthodox traing methods and it seems to be unlocking some new growth. Lots of uni-lateral stuff. One arm dumbell/kettlebell snatches and cleans, one arm dumbell flat bench press etc.

Goes to show u that u dont have to get real techinical with the body u just need to train, eat and sleep adequate.

Im attributing all of my gains to muscle confusion. One thing a lot of this stuff has done is make me very explosive and powerful.

Here is something i did the other day which made me tremdously sore. Incline bench, use a wieght that is heavier than u would normally lift. Only preform the negative part of the rep. I did a ten second negative. Then have your spotter help pull the wieght back to starting position. Perform this for x amount of reps. Basically until u cant hold it for a negative anymore. i really think this works

anyone else have any experience with unortodox training?

i hate negatives, i can rarely feel the muscle working unless its something like biceps or triceps....

when i do negatives for bench or back, i feel like my shoulders and arms are doing ALL the work, and my chest is just tense because of the weight, not because im voluntarily contracting it... i hope that makes sense...

I've been doing a ton of unilateral dumbbell presses and my chest has never been stronger.

The only downside is I now have to find a gym with dumbbells bigger than the 150s. <-------------That was me bragging a little bit.

I think my entire regimen is pretty unorthodox. And yes I love unilateral movements, but I do both.

For chest I usually finish off with a one arm machine press. Same for back, but one arm rows in a seated cable or lever machine. I got a much better contraction that way as my movement is less inhibited, I can twist more and go further back.

For legs I do the usual squatting, but finish with one legged presses in a seated machine. It doesn't feel good in all machines, but the one I use has a very fluent and natural movement to it.

I know people recommend close grip bench for triceps, but it never worked for me. Since I started doing one arm movements, like lying skull crushers with a dumbbell, seated one arm db extensions, one arm pushdowns.. they've grown much more.

I've been doing a ton of unilateral dumbbell presses and my chest has never been stronger.

The only downside is I now have to find a gym with dumbbells bigger than the 150s. <-------------That was me bragging a little bit.

I love this movement too....I feel it has brought up some weak spots in my chest

ive always thought that curls one arm at a time are wayyy better. i dont see how it is any good to alternate them, what is the point of resting one arm for 5 or so seconds while your curl the other arm? how is that optimal? im going to start curling one arm at a time and see if it works better.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear