over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Unwritted GYM Rules...?

ugh, tonight i get to the gym at peak hours due to a couple odd days of working till 5.

gym only has 2 incline benches, one is in use by three guys rotating...

the other is in use by one guy for roughly 40min...

he would do a set, go jump rope, do SLDL, do something else around the corner, come back, rest on the bench and do more... left a towel on one, bag at another, rope on another.... no one could work in....

RAGEEEEE!!!

the claiming of multiple stations doesnt happen at my gym,,lol we'll move peoples stuff

I don't know if there is a rule for this but I witnessed the craziest shit last friday. I work out at a relatively cramped gym. The entrance to the free weights area is basically a long corridor with Hammer Strength machines lining both side. Ok so I arrive at the gym and head for the weights when I almost trip over what looked like 6-7inch thick, tow-boat, rope. The asshole trainer had brought about 25-30 feet of this, had stuck one end under the very first HS machine in the hallway and ran it to the very last HS machine on the opposite side of the hall, effectively blocking anybody trying to get in and out our trying to change weights in the HS machines. So what was he doing? He had this exercise where he would flail the two strands of rope up and down creating waves all the way to the end until the fatigue was too much. This ment about 90sec every time. He also had his "model" GF working in as well as his other trainer buddy/BF. All in all, I came in and left and he was still doing this shit. Lucky for me I was doing legs and was in a diff area. Nevertheless, people were really really pissed.

So my rule:

-Trainers shouldn't act as if they have God status over the common areas of a gym.

That's why you should make a complaint with the gym manager or owner. Crap like ropes and tires belong in a ware house gym , not around weights and high traffic areas to gain access to the equipment.

There are 2 sides of the coin, I think you should earn the right to be obnoxious. If you are a powerlifting stud deadlifting serious weight, then you earned the right to annoy everyone in the gym. If you are benching 500+ lbs and you want to scream to the top of your lungs with each rep, then you earned it... But if your under 200lbs, have poor form and annoying the hell out of me then you need to know your roll and keep quiet!

two points on this

1. being big doesn't give you the right to train like an asshole (insert vid of branch warren throwing benches and dumbells all over the place)

2. the idea that jsut cos you're under 200lbs you shouldn't be allowed to make noise when lifting?? ok so those sub 200 guys who are pushing themselves to the very limit because they WANT to get big, putting all their effort in to squeezing out that last rep but, oh sorry mate you're too small you have to keep as quiet as a mouse because you haven't 'earnt' the right to be loud. what a joke

whats your problem with banging weights? I used to work out in a gym that was oriented toward powerlifters,...hope youdont ever tell those big boys not to bang their weights around!!! :D

uggh i hate weight bangers. If you dont have the strenght to set it down, I dont think you should be lifting it.

Nothing takes me out of the zone faster than hearing some douche waffle slam his weights on the ground. Or worse yet, being close enough to the guy to feel the weights vibrate and roll around.

EDIT* yes, i agree that there is an earned right to slam. But by gawd you better be one big dude to be slamming the weights around.

uggh i hate weight bangers. If you dont have the strenght to set it down, I dont think you should be lifting it.

Nothing takes me out of the zone faster than hearing some douche waffle slam his weights on the ground. Or worse yet, being close enough to the guy to feel the weights vibrate and roll around.

I think it depends on the circumstance and the intent. If you're throwing your weights because you feel like it and are just being a dick - then you should be thrown out. But if you're lifting some serious weight, and the only way to save injury is to drop the weight - then I say drop it.

It's all about respecting those around you too. If I know I'm going to possibly drop my weight after my set, I'll give the person next to me a heads up.

I think it depends on the circumstance and the intent. If you're throwing your weights because you feel like it and are just being a dick - then you should be thrown out. But if you're lifting some serious weight, and the only way to save injury is to drop the weight - then I say drop it.

It's all about respecting those around you too. If I know I'm going to possibly drop my weight after my set, I'll give the person next to me a heads up.

yep, if you are working to failure and there is not way to keep that weight up, then that is waay different than just being a deck bag. Still, when it happens again and again and again its just :banghead:

I can beat that: there's a homeless guy who somehow has a membership at my gym ..... you can see his shit stains on the same gray sweatpants he wears every time he works out!!!!! :banghead:

That is fucking nasty, and that guy needs to be thrown in the shower!

agreed. there is a difference between "i'm gonna throw my bench halfway across the gym because I'm a hardass", and "i'm db benching on my 12th rep on the 3rd set with 20 seconds rest in between and my arms just stopped working so I had to drop the weights". if you are going to failure without a spotter sometimes the only way to safely finish is to drop the weights on the ground isntead of on yourself

So does everybody have "nicknames" for all the idiots in there gym?

We currently have to deal w Stinky, Arms, Flex, Jug, Retro, P90, Mr. T, Glasses, n Accessory at my current gym just to name a few. :D

So does everybody have "nicknames" for all the idiots in there gym?

We currently have to deal w Stinky, Arms, Flex, Jug, Retro, P90, Mr. T, Glasses, n Accessory at my current gym just to name a few. :D

Yup, we have Bench Press Man, Super Workout Girl, Goulet, Capt. Jack Sparrow, Oil Can, Capt. Jacks Henchman, Pizza Face, GI Joe, Miami Vice...

I can beat that: there's a homeless guy who somehow has a membership at my gym ..... you can see his shit stains on the same gray sweatpants he wears every time he works out!!!!! :banghead:

I just threw up in my mouth reading that.

We have a trainer (one of those who gossip with their clients more than being concerned with their training) who insists the clients run laps back and forth in the main corridor where the water fountain is. this area has limited space, and everytime i feel on of those fools running behind me while I'm getting a drink i cringe as i imagine them bumbling into me, my mouth hitting the faucet and spilling all my chicklets on the floor. There is a perfectly good cardio room for this!

:banghead:

dont forget about the guy who weights a 160lbs and thinks he arnold and has no form, even after being in the gym for a couple of years, you think they would get it after so long but noooooooooooo

Dick on the DB rack

The dopes that block access to like 12 pairs of dumbbells while admiring themselves doing laterals in the mirror get on my nerves. Especially when they only have such good access because I grabbed mu DBs and stepped back. Should be a line on the floor dividing DB acess from DB working area.
It's a douche move to not let someone work in and I don't care how much weight there is unless you just have maybe one set left and then holding off for the guy to finish his one set is courteous.

Another rule is you can't have your dick resting on the dumbbell rack when doing a dumbbell exercise. Back your silly ass up and away from the rack so that anyone that needs to get a set of dumbbells doesn't have to wait for you to finish your set.

Don't walk in front of someone that is doing a set in the mirror unless you have to. Obviously, distance from the mirror matters but it is just COURTEOUS. Either wait or walk around the other side.

If someone walks between you and the mirror and you freak out, you are a douchebag. Don't use the excuse that this fucked up your set because if you can't tune this sort of thing out in the middle of a set, trust me when I say your focus is terrible.

Oh, there are more but I don't have the time. :)

Skip

I laugh at those who can't do a set without staring at themselves in the mirror and the ones that complain about other people's form when those other people are twice their size and strength.............:cool:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear