over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Unwritted GYM Rules...?

communistkiller

Registered
So yesterday I asked a guy if I could work in with him on the hack squat machine, because my gym only has 1. The guy was rather perturbed with my request. He reluctantly allowed me to work in, all the while making a point that he wasnt happy doing so. I thanked him multiple times, even though all I wanted to do was put his head through a wall, and made sure that I was quick with my set. Not that it mattered but I was like 10 times his size.

SO here is my question.... What are some of the unwritten gym rules...

I figure, if you are working out by yourself, and someone wants to work in that you should allow them to do so. In addition, you should be efficient with that time (no lolly-gagging between/during your set).

Also, there is a dumbass trainer who trains his clients to do deadlifts, but with each rep to bang the weight on the ground therefore using that momentum to help with the lift.... Would it be inappropriate for me to ask him politely to STOP?

Way I figure some of the rules are:
1) Allow others to work in if your working out alone
2) No banging the weights
3) Re-rack all weights
4) No flip flops
5) No talking on the cell phone while camped out on a station
6) Dont talk about gear loud enough so others can hear (F-N Idiots!!!!)

What are your thoughts?

It's a douche move to not let someone work in and I don't care how much weight there is unless you just have maybe one set left and then holding off for the guy to finish his one set is courteous.

Another rule is you can't have your dick resting on the dumbbell rack when doing a dumbbell exercise. Back your silly ass up and away from the rack so that anyone that needs to get a set of dumbbells doesn't have to wait for you to finish your set.

Don't walk in front of someone that is doing a set in the mirror unless you have to. Obviously, distance from the mirror matters but it is just COURTEOUS. Either wait or walk around the other side.

If someone walks between you and the mirror and you freak out, you are a douchebag. Don't use the excuse that this fucked up your set because if you can't tune this sort of thing out in the middle of a set, trust me when I say your focus is terrible.

Oh, there are more but I don't have the time. :)

Skip

if you're sweating like a hog all over the benches... wipe that crap off before you move on.

The #1 rule: Don't continue to do your 8 sets of shrugs for 6 reps on the ONLY squat rack in the gym, while a guy (ME) is dying to do squats :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Jeez, I do bb bis smoothly, forearms smoothly, standing calf smoothly, standing ham curls smoothly, then all the sudden, I have to wait for this douche to finish shrugs :banghead: I asked him after about 4-5 minutes of standing around after my stretches and trying to keep the blood flow how much longer he had, he looks at me and says "2 sets, I know you've been waiting so I'll hurry up" WTF:banghead: Hurry up? Get the F out of the squat rack!!!

If you are doing curls or some exersice that does not require the use of a flat or incline bench dont put your shit on it (IE towel, water or keys) while you do a set of an exercise that does not require the use of the bench! I fucking hate d bags that do this.

Don't interrupt someone while they are psyching themselves up for a set. It pisses me off to no end when my head is down, headphones on blast, and hands on the bar - obvious to the world I'm about to do a lift - and some guy taps me on the shoulder to ask me a random question.

At 49 I have figured out some stuff in life, not a lot but some stuff. And one of those things are is that you can have rule after rule for things but you can't fix stupid. Fact is guys like that are douche bags and no rule will ever change that! It's a shame that a person just can't be decent enough in the first place and figure out how not to be a douche bag.

I love the new generation of lifters at the gym who have to walk around with a gym bag that is so large it wouldn't fit in the over head carry compartment of an airplane. They never go in the bag for anything but it has to be with them at every station. When then they approach a new station they have to drop their water bottle or fling it to the station signaling their arrival. Then there is the backward hat wearing, big baggy work out clothes group who look like they are trying to be "gangsta". Outfits like that are usually reserved for children party entertainment. Oh and then the cell phone use where we all have to hear how important he is or better yet, lets talk with the push to talk function. Asswipes!

Thanks for the reason to vent!

dont pick on the retarded guy wearing just shoes

These are great!! I love the gym bad that wont fit in the overhead on a flight.

As soon as I get to a station, I ask how many more sets they have... The #1 response is "I Just Started".... There have been times when Ive been amped up and I reply "So you only have 1 more?" But I want to let them understand that I hope to use the station, and to hurry the hell up.

Is it the Trainers responsibility when training to teach his clients gym courtesy?

whats your problem with banging weights? I used to work out in a gym that was oriented toward powerlifters,...hope youdont ever tell those big boys not to bang their weights around!!! :D

whats your problem with banging weights? I used to work out in a gym that was oriented toward powerlifters,...hope youdont ever tell those big boys not to bang their weights around!!! :D

There are 2 sides of the coin, I think you should earn the right to be obnoxious. If you are a powerlifting stud deadlifting serious weight, then you earned the right to annoy everyone in the gym. If you are benching 500+ lbs and you want to scream to the top of your lungs with each rep, then you earned it... But if your under 200lbs, have poor form and annoying the hell out of me then you need to know your roll and keep quiet!

yeah fucking right :D

I have no problem with guys grunting or yelling during their set. I mean - it's a gym, not a knitting class!

There are 2 sides of the coin, I think you should earn the right to be obnoxious. If you are a powerlifting stud deadlifting serious weight, then you earned the right to annoy everyone in the gym. If you are benching 500+ lbs and you want to scream to the top of your lungs with each rep, then you earned it... But if your under 200lbs, have poor form and annoying the hell out of me then you need to know your roll and keep quiet!

i love this. absolutely true.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity