over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Upcoming Bodybuilding Film Magazine Dreams

danieltx

Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
Magazine Dreams premiered at Sundance last month. There's no trailer out. There's one YouTube video titled as the trailer but it's actually a trailer for some historical military film. YouTube does have a few reviews and interviews with the cast. The film has been picked up by Searchlight for theatrical distribution later this year.

It's received rave reviews across the board, from Sundance critics to Variety to The New York Times. Jonathan Majors stars as an amateur bodybuilder wanting to turn pro, be on magazine covers, etc. It's being called his breakout role, his best performance, and what will be one of the best performances of any actor in 2023. The draw for the fitness world is Mike O'Hearn playing a professional bodybuilder Majors' character looks up to.

Majors gained over 30lbs. for the role, claiming to be around 210lbs. in the movie, and from the few stills released does look to have a built a physique worthy of being called a bodybuilder.

The film is being compared to classics like Taxi Driver and modern pieces like The Wrestler for being a timeless character study. All the reviews have said the film is quite dark, intense, and disturbing at times due to the physical and mental strain Majors' character endures, his extreme social awkwardness, and the on-screen usage of steroids. I've been shocked at how positive reactions have been across the board given it's a bodybuilding movie and the extremes of the subculture are often mocked by the mainstream.

I'm not aware of any fictional dramas on bodybuilding but I don't seek them out. Based on the reviews I hope this gives the public a better portrayal of what bodybuilding is about, something more akin to Pumping Iron than the last few Generation Iron films.

Sundance link - https://festival.sundance.org/program/film/638a1602d406b2db8ff2c6a1

I've been shocked at how positive reactions have been across the board given it's a bodybuilding movie and the extremes of the subculture are often mocked by the mainstream.

I'm not aware of any fictional dramas on bodybuilding but I don't seek them out. Based on the reviews I hope this gives the public a better portrayal of what bodybuilding is about, something more akin to Pumping Iron than the last few Generation Iron films.

Sundance link - https://festival.sundance.org/program/film/638a1602d406b2db8ff2c6a1
The content could be anything, it doesn't matter. People want to watch flawed characters because they're more interesting. I have a book called Difficult Men that talks about the television revolution of the early 2000's and the emergence of the anti-hero. Tony Soprano, Vic Mackey, Walter White, Don Draper, Dexter Morgan, Tommy Gavin and characters like them. One review of the film, no spoilers, pointed out that basically the guy is fucked up. The psychological turmoil and homoerotic undertones along with his inability to connect with anyone because of his obsession.

Pumping Iron painted bodybuilding in a positive light. This film won't do that.

Magazine Dreams premiered at Sundance last month. There's no trailer out. There's one YouTube video titled as the trailer but it's actually a trailer for some historical military film. YouTube does have a few reviews and interviews with the cast. The film has been picked up by Searchlight for theatrical distribution later this year.

It's received rave reviews across the board, from Sundance critics to Variety to The New York Times. Jonathan Majors stars as an amateur bodybuilder wanting to turn pro, be on magazine covers, etc. It's being called his breakout role, his best performance, and what will be one of the best performances of any actor in 2023. The draw for the fitness world is Mike O'Hearn playing a professional bodybuilder Majors' character looks up to.

Majors gained over 30lbs. for the role, claiming to be around 210lbs. in the movie, and from the few stills released does look to have a built a physique worthy of being called a bodybuilder.

The film is being compared to classics like Taxi Driver and modern pieces like The Wrestler for being a timeless character study. All the reviews have said the film is quite dark, intense, and disturbing at times due to the physical and mental strain Majors' character endures, his extreme social awkwardness, and the on-screen usage of steroids. I've been shocked at how positive reactions have been across the board given it's a bodybuilding movie and the extremes of the subculture are often mocked by the mainstream.

He took his shirt off a few times in Lovecraft Country. Impressive.
You knew he had something special. At least I did.

Man there is a review of it and it sounds like a deranged lunatic who can't relate to people who happens to lift weights. And of course take steroids. Probably not going to be the best for enhancing the image of bodybuilders. It sounds like it could be my life story..lol jk...but not really

Saw some of the reviews about this after Sundance. The main character is the new opponent in Creed (he got famous from the film The Last Black Man in San Francisco, great movie if you've never seen it). Dude's gotta great physique though.

But like someone else mentioned, this isnt gonna be a good depiction of BBers on the screen. Gonna make us look like isolated losers who abuse drugs lol greatttt.
I wish there was a real behinds the scenes type look at BBers. Has anyone watched the Formula 1 show on Netflix or the new PGA one, Full Swing? Its fucking great and gives you a very indepth look and who the pros really are. Kept thinking the IFBB should do somethng like this, very reminiscent of the first Generation Iron....but maybe follow guys for 6 months as they prep for a shows and train and make appearances.

Saw some of the reviews about this after Sundance. The main character is the new opponent in Creed (he got famous from the film The Last Black Man in San Francisco, great movie if you've never seen it). Dude's gotta great physique though.

But like someone else mentioned, this isnt gonna be a good depiction of BBers on the screen. Gonna make us look like isolated losers who abuse drugs lol greatttt.
I wish there was a real behinds the scenes type look at BBers. Has anyone watched the Formula 1 show on Netflix or the new PGA one, Full Swing? Its fucking great and gives you a very indepth look and who the pros really are. Kept thinking the IFBB should do somethng like this, very reminiscent of the first Generation Iron....but maybe follow guys for 6 months as they prep for a shows and train and make appearances.

The kid is a phenomenal actor. Check out Devotion, pretty good movie but his acting is just incredible.

What a talent. I’ve become an instant fan of his work.

Why do they always associate bodybuilding with lonely isolation? Obviously it’s based on person by person basis, but the majority are social people.

Cage

Why do they always associate bodybuilding with lonely isolation? Obviously it’s based on person by person basis, but the majority are social people.

Cage
You can be around people all the time and still be lonely and isolated.

You can be around people all the time and still be lonely and isolated.
I get that, but it’s ALWAYS portrayed that bodybuilders are basically unsociable monks. Yes, there are some that definitely are that way. However, I wouldn’t say it’s the majority.

Cage

I get that, but it’s ALWAYS portrayed that bodybuilders are basically unsociable monks. Yes, there are some that definitely are that way. However, I wouldn’t say it’s the majority.

Cage
I get what you're saying. I think in this case the film was made as a dark character study first and selecting bodybuilding as the backdrop came second. I don't know for sure, I'm just guessing. Maybe bodybuilding was chosen because all of the deaths in the last decade, and especially in the last few years, made the news on a much bigger scale. So it peaks curiosity about what is going on at the physical and mental level and seems to have made for a good film. Apparently, there is a scene in the movie where Killian goes on a date with a woman and the cringe factor goes to 11.

Cage

STILLNESS IS THE ALTAR OF THE SPIRIT! - PARAMAHANSA YOGANANDA

"solitude is for me a fount of healing which makes my life worth living. Talking is often torment for me, and I need many days of silence to recover from the futility of words. -jung

"When the lips are silent, the heart has a hundred tongues," rumi

My loneliness is not. By the presence or absence of people; On the contrary, I hate who steals my loneliness, Without, in exchange, offer me a real company” neitzche

isolation can be a beautiful thing. I am very much a hermit. Did well in single cells, not in bunks and dorms.

I get what you're saying. I think in this case the film was made as a dark character study first and selecting bodybuilding as the backdrop came second. I don't know for sure, I'm just guessing. Maybe bodybuilding was chosen because all of the deaths in the last decade, and especially in the last few years, made the news on a much bigger scale. So it peaks curiosity about what is going on at the physical and mental level and seems to have made for a good film. Apparently, there is a scene in the movie where Killian goes on a date with a woman and the cringe factor goes to 11.
It's the opposite - the writer saw an intense bodybuilder in his local gym and wanted to explore his story.

where can i see the damn trailer
No trailer out yet.

It's the opposite - the writer saw an intense bodybuilder in his local gym and wanted to explore his story.

No trailer out yet.
i alwyas wanted to watch a sundance movie premier, even know i dont watch any movies, especially independent ones, im obsessed and addicted to researching and knowledge, if im not learning while engaging in "entertainment" of the sensory system with exception to SEX , i am quickly annoyed and disinterested . gift and curse, i have a sick ass memory luckily and superb reading comprehension somehow

I wonder if it's a pro or national level competitor that we know.

STILLNESS IS THE ALTAR OF THE SPIRIT! - PARAMAHANSA YOGANANDA
I used to follow SRF and read a lot of Paramahansa Yogananda teachings. I let it all go about 20 years ago. Been thinking I should revisit his teachings. He had a lot of wisdom and definitely was enlightened while in body here. The best parts of my life were during the same period I was actively participating in SRF and reading his teachings. Lived in Encinitas, CA for a year and a half and almost daily would go to his ashram located at the south end of Encinitas.

I used to follow SRF and read a lot of Paramahansa Yogananda teachings. I let it all go about 20 years ago. Been thinking I should revisit his teachings. He had a lot of wisdom and definitely was enlightened while in body here. The best parts of my life were during the same period I was actively participating in SRF and reading his teachings. Lived in Encinitas, CA for a year and a half and almost daily would go to his ashram located at the south end of Encinitas.
i frequented the SRF he founded in encinitas and the meditation gardens, if you believe in christ, paramahansa will further your relationship and understanding with christ. he is in total adoration with jesus christ and preached his real gospel message not the bullshit cherry picked and omitted at the council of nicea, where TONS of legitimate scripture books were omitted to fit the socio and political economic times and HIGHER UPS WISHES, king james did the SAME THING, along with MARTIN LUTHER, JOHN CALVIN, and many others. Greek texts are the best to read if you are into that @ bible, and one must also consider all the books the catholic and ethopian (oldest Christian church existent) maintain . its baffling how people can be so easily influenced and programmed without ever looking into the esoteric side of things

i frequented the SRF he founded in encinitas and the meditation gardens, if you believe in christ, paramahansa will further your relationship and understanding with christ. he is in total adoration with jesus christ and preached his real gospel message not the bullshit cherry picked and omitted at the council of nicea, where TONS of legitimate scripture books were omitted to fit the socio and political economic times and HIGHER UPS WISHES, king james did the SAME THING, along with MARTIN LUTHER, JOHN CALVIN, and many others. Greek texts are the best to read if you are into that @ bible, and one must also consider all the books the catholic and ethopian (oldest Christian church existent) maintain . its baffling how people can be so easily influenced and programmed without ever looking into the esoteric side of things
I understand what you are saying, my one main problem with all these theological books is they have been adulterated over the centuries by people re-writing them and miss interpreting or adding their own interpretation to the original message that was being conveyed by the original author. At least the teaching of P. Yogananda have only been around for the last few decades and have been kept in tacked (for the most part). I don't really care to read any of the teachings from any of the devotees of P. Yogananda because they never resonate with me. When I was first taken to the meditation garden on top of the bluff overlooking the ocean, I had an experience I will never forget. When I read any of P. Yogananda's teachings I get an intuitive connection. Unfortunately, life circumstances drew me in a different direction, but have been thinking about re-visiting what Yogananda had to say.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity