over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Update on quest to receive TRT from doc

yes you should be in the 6-900 range i figure... and thinking about the andro gel... are you over weight??? hows your thyroid....if its wonky the gel wont absorb....othewise alot of people like it..

fack.. im looking for a chart i found online a couple yrs back...

phats

im at work...maybe this guy found it..

https://www.elitefitness.com/forum/...testosterone-levels-men-age-group-500664.html

im looking for the actual anti aging site i saw it on...

Last edited:
For those of you who remember, I was diagnosed with low testosterone levels last month. I turn 29 years old in March:

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41344

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41530

Well, I went to see a urologist and he said he wouldn't prescribe me TRT unless I took more blood test. Here are the results from blood work that was taken 01-17-09:

FSH 4.3 range is 1.6-8.0 mIU/mL
LH 3.8 range is 1.5-9.3 mIU/mL
PROLACTIN 6.7 range is 2.8-18.0 ng/mL
ESTRADIOL <32 range is <=54 pg/mL
CORTISOL, TOTAL, SERUM 12.7 range is AM 4.0-22.0 mcg/dL PM 3.0-17.0 mcg/dL
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB 16 range is 7-49 nmol/L
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL 509 range is 260-1000ng/dL
TESTOSTERONE, %, FREE 2.0 range is 1.0-2.7 percent
TESTOSTERONE, FREE 101.7 range is 50.0-210.0 pg/mL

The first blood work I had taken on 12-23-08 said:

TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL 236 range is 260-1000ng/dL
TESTOSTERONE, %, FREE 1.8 range is 1.0-2.7 percent
TESTOSTERONE, FREE 43.4 range is 50.0-210.0 pg/mL

What the hell is going on!!!!!!!! My test was low as hell a month ago and now it's not! And I haven't done anything differently. I'm not scheduled to see my urologist until Thursday January 29. I spoke with my cousin who is a urologist in residency and he said my urologist probably isn't gonna treat me with TRT because my test is not low.

Is there a chance my doc will treat me with TRT or should I start getting worried? Is there a chance he will take the first low testosterone results into consideration? I can't go on feeling like this (weak erections, lethargic, fat, depressed, etc.).

Check out this website by SWALE, he is a member here and TRT is his specialty!

http://www.allthingsmale.com/index.htm

I have an idea. Instead of putting all this effort into finding TRT - put it into getting off your ass, hit the gym, eat healthy, and stop being a bitch.

WTF. Many factors effect testosterone levels - diet and activity levels being two big ones. Stop looking for an excuse. Stop saying you hate your life. Don't rely on doctors and don't rely on manufactured testosterone. Manufacture your own testosterone by growing a pair of balls.

Seriously - this is fucking ridiculous.

Last edited:
I have an idea. Instead of putting all this effort into finding TRT - put it into getting off your ass, hit the gym, eat healthy, and stop being a bitch.

WTF. Many factors effect testosterone levels - diet and activity levels being two big ones. Stop looking for an excuse. Stop saying you hate your life. Don't rely on doctors and don't rely on manufactured testosterone. Manufacture your own testosterone by growing a pair of balls.

Yeah, great advice bro. You're right, my test is low because I'm lazy :rolleyes:

Does anyone else have anything more intelligent and mature to add than this?

But your test isn't low. Take those second results and be encouraged. What - do you want to rely on shots of exogenous test for the rest of your life? Is that your goal?
My statement was immature and uninteligent? Wrong. Maybe it was insulting - but I think you need someone to set it straight. I apologize for lambasting you.

But my advice remains. Be happy that your test levels are normal. You can build muscle naturally, no doubt. So get after it - take control of the situation yourself. Don't rely on doctors and manufactured test - rely on your own dedication - it's the only thing you can control.

Last edited:
going to disagree stupes...

everyone is different, he can feel cruddy with 500ng, and you could feel like a million bucks... there is areason there are doctors for this type of thing...

being tired, not wanting to get out of bed, is a real feeling, and i for one can attest that HRT quickly turned me around...slept better, better outlook..

i would argue while his levels look "normal", they are not "optimal"

phats

JL Did you get my PM?

Yeah, I'm doomed. I truly hate my life.

are you sure you're not depressed? or some other mental issue. that can cause all of your problems too. don't be so sure that low testosterone is the problem. your levels are decent. my suggestion is: get all thoughts of low test and preconceived notions and self diagnosis out of your head. then with an open mind go to a doctor, tell him all your problems, and see what he diagnoses. good luck

being tired, not wanting to get out of bed, is a real feeling, and i for one can attest that HRT quickly turned me around...slept better, better outlook..

i'm on trt and i have days like this. trt doesn't fix the winter blues. thats why i think jake might be experiencing something else. i would hate to see a person make a life long mistake when a simple anti-depression med or similar is the actual fix.

I want to make one thing clear:

In addition to my low test levels the first test, I feel tired all the time, no muscle mass, increased fat, slight short term memory loss, irritability, lack of focus, no sex drive, and depression. But the biggest symptom of all...I AM 28 YEARS OLD AND CAN NOT GET A GOOD HARD SOLID ERECTION LIKE I USED TO!!!!!

I am scheduled to take a third blood test Friday at 8:15 am. They could not schedule me in in the evening (when testosterone is lower).

Does anyone have any tips for manipulating my test levels so my third blood test shows without a doubt that I have low test levels? So far my plan is to fast for 12 hours and not get ANY sleep the night before.

Hi Jake,
Can I ask you a few questions?
What is your diet - a typical day from wake to sleep?
What is your workout routine?
What do you do for work?
What are your general goals/hopes?

Thanks

This is the kind of stuff I hate: There is no way for anyone to say what "normal" levels for a certain age should be because there have been no studies on testosterone, especially since the steroid act that those idiots in congress put in place. You really do have to go by what you feel like in this case. I'm on TRT myself--started when I was 30, so I know what it feels like. There are so many factors that affect production, time of day, environment, diet, supplements, etc. We just don't know.

I tested at 310 my first test. That's inside the range. Some doctors will tell you that you are fine with that and do nothing. Obviously, that level is too low because of how I felt and the problems I had. I was lucky that my doctor put me on. I had subsequent tests that have come back as low as 194 and 155 so for that particular day on my first test, I was having a "good" day. For all we know, in the next couple of weeks, Jake will be back down low again. It can happen so don't jump down his throat all because this last test showed "normal." We don't really know what "normal" is.

Jake, my advice is to keep track daily how you feel, if you have sexual problems, write it down, if you feel depressed, write it down, etc. (They have at least shown that low testosterone is a cause of depression for men, btw.) Go back for another blood test in a couple of weeks staying off all supplements. Show the doctor your daily log, and let him know how you feel. If he is a good doctor, he will do something about it.

the way stupes said it was mean but i hear what he's saying. there is no way we can really tell how another feels but i have been through alot of different things in my life and you will get through this bro. you knew what you were getting into when you started so dont say you hate life, its a bump in the road bro. sometimes we have to suck it up. stay strong and keep your head up and i wish you the best. most will say i'm stupid but fuck docters

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear