over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

upper back/shoulder blade/lower back of neck pain

wasp

Kilo Klub Member
didn't have this till i started doing deads and wide grip pull ups, is this a common thing? what is first course of action, massage or chiropractor?

if i tilt my neck to on side and down, then pull opposite arm across my chest i can feel it pull sideways and down my lower neck..........funny thing , it never bothers me sleeping or working out, only sitting, driving etc, ..........

I have similar pain. Upper back inbetween shouder and neck.

Got it from dipping with a wide grip with feet forward trying to focus on my tris.

I felt a sharp pain. Figured it was something to do with my spine. Went to the chiro, she told me it was a muscle spasm.

Not much relief from the chiro or a massage. I don't know what else to.

Sorry I don't have a answer.

damn, its bearable but annoying as fuck

Sounds like a disk problem.. Could be herniated or ruptured. I had the same problem a while back and ended up having surgery because the pain was unbearable. I'm not a doc but, you def need to have it looked at. I waited so late to have the surgery it took over a year to recover from the nerve damage.

mmmmmmmm,no bennys at the moment, sucks..........who would i go see first, orthopedist ya think? did it not bother you when you were actually using it?

general physician will prob recommend that you have an MRI.. That's what picked mine up.

I've had that same problem/pain in the same area for over 6 months. Went to the er due to the pain. They put me on multiple pain meds. Advise: see an orthopedic and request a MRI. Most likely pulled muscle or pinched nerve. If a pulled muscle, it wouldn't be a good idea to get a massage.

it doesnt hurt unless stationary, sleeping, working out, construction, moving actually makes it feel better, if i have a few days off and don't do jack it barely hurts........i cant go see anyone at the moment :(

look up serrattus posterior superior muscle. its a common cause of the pain youre referring to but not commonly diagnosed. start going to orthopedics and surgeons over this and youll get all kinds of diagnosis that will probably lead to nowhere but pain meds and physical therapy. find a good massage therapist and pinpoint that muscle for them.

found this, you know whats interesting, i have radiating pain sometimes in the front of chest but only on heart side , just like the pic

Serratus Posterior Trigger Points

i had that too. i had pain between my shoulder blades especially on the left side for five years, i went everywhere, three different massage therapist, a chiropractor, and two orthopedics. everyone of them told me something different. it was overdeveloped pecs, tight romboids, one of the orthopedics even told me i had snapping scapula syndrome and gave me a cortisone shot. everything gave me temporary relief for a week then it would come back. sitting or standing for long periods of time was torture. finally last august i stumbled across that muscle, went and told my massage therapist about it and pointed out exactly how to get to it and that was it. im completely pain free back there and if i tighten up i just get it worked on and im fine.

i had that too. i had pain between my shoulder blades especially on the left side for five years, i went everywhere, three different massage therapist, a chiropractor, and two orthopedics. everyone of them told me something different. it was overdeveloped pecs, tight romboids, one of the orthopedics even told me i had snapping scapula syndrome and gave me a cortisone shot. everything gave me temporary relief for a week then it would come back. sitting or standing for long periods of time was torture. finally last august i stumbled across that muscle, went and told my massage therapist about it and pointed out exactly how to get to it and that was it. im completely pain free back there and if i tighten up i just get it worked on and im fine.

So you just told the therapist to pull your arm of the hurt side across the chest to acess the muscle?

Just making sure, I'm going see another therapist next week.

Thanks for posting that.

yeah , its super fin tight back there, a guy at work that had bulging discs told me you'd know it...........i know this girl that's a massage therapist, gonna start with that and maybe get happy ending :D

ok, figured out this is tight muscles on base of neck, i can make it a tad better by stretching head down and to side both ways while in super hot shower,otherwise hurts most of day and gives me pain up back of neck that i can actually feel in my ears, blew the chick off and don't have money for massage therapy now, is there anything you can take for tight muscles? what do you guys do?

ok, figured out this is tight muscles on base of neck, i can make it a tad better by stretching head down and to side both ways while in super hot shower,otherwise hurts most of day and gives me pain up back of neck that i can actually feel in my ears, blew the chick off and don't have money for massage therapy now, is there anything you can take for tight muscles? what do you guys do?

Nothing without a prescription.

how long has it been there???
when did it start???how long ago

been about a month or so

Shot in the dark here...I recently started having a similar pain after adding shrugs back into my routine...I switched from sleeping with two pillows to sleeping with one and it cleared up.

yeah, i sleep with one tempurpedic pillow on a tempurpedic mattress

look up serrattus posterior superior muscle. its a common cause of the pain youre referring to but not commonly diagnosed. start going to orthopedics and surgeons over this and youll get all kinds of diagnosis that will probably lead to nowhere but pain meds and physical therapy. find a good massage therapist and pinpoint that muscle for them.

found this, you know whats interesting, i have radiating pain sometimes in the front of chest but only on heart side , just like the pic

Serratus Posterior Trigger Points

Great info, I think this could be the solution to a problem I've been dealing with for about a year, I'll post more if it is. I've naturally been doing the stretch they describe but not focusing on breathing in also, which I can already tell stretches it more.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear