over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

upper chest development

inthepond

Newbies
My upper chest is lagging. Any advice would be greatly aopreciated. I do dumbell incline and barbell incline. What are some other exercises that target the upper chest?

My upper chest is lagging. Any advice would be greatly aopreciated. I do dumbell incline and barbell incline. What are some other exercises that target the upper chest?

for overall chest development (you can't target one area of the chest ) you can't beat declines presses and weighted dips!

Few things come to mind. First of all, you need to access what kind of presser you are. Do you press primarily with your shoulders or your triceps? This can have a big impact on your chest development with regards to how much pec is actually being activated when you press. Do some research on proper pressing technique (tnation.com is a great resource). Try incorporating some isometric exercises before your pressing to target and activate your pecs muscles...I like to use light weight cable flyes from the bottom pulley. While pressing is important, try doing some dumbbell pullovers and/or dips as well.
Also, and I hate to say it, but you may not have the genetics for a bowling ball chest like Arnold had. Hard work and a proper workout will help but at some point we are all at the mercy of our DNA.
Good luck!

for overall chest development (you can't target one area of the chest ) you can't beat declines presses and weighted dips!

Very true. The hard thing about "trying" to hit upper chest is taking the front delts out of the equation. The more upright (incline) the more shoulder will be incorporated.

Very true. The hard thing about "trying" to hit upper chest is taking the front delts out of the equation. The more upright (incline) the more shoulder will be incorporated.

This is very true i used to incline press at 45 degree some times more and found my front delts got hammerd more then my chest i know do incline with a slight incline feel it much more in the chest...

I think they r called guliteen presses. Scoot dwn farther on the flat bench and do u presses over ur chin as opposed to lwring and raising over ur pecs like normal. This is suppose to eliminate any help from ur tris and focus on the upr pec. I'm not saying that my upr pec is bigger but notice soreness in them from day one.
Hope this helps.

Guy, thanks for the great responses. I will definitely incorporate some of these in my routine.

What has helped me even in over all pec development, has been declines and weighted dips.

This is very true i used to incline press at 45 degree some times more and found my front delts got hammerd more then my chest i know do incline with a slight incline feel it much more in the chest...

Yup yup, I just have it a couple clicks up and it's perfect, anything more and I feel it WAY too much in my delts.

Weighted dips were awesome for me in the past, using a long chain and letting the weight pull my torso foward a little.

I like to do the decline in the smith , pushing the bar away from me .
the decline on low angel , not too steep.

Rotating between incline decline and dips. my three favourites.

like dorian has said you can't target the upper pec, it's all genetics, and you have to get the whole muscle to grow for the upper pec to come out more

Yes genetics play a major role in size and shape of muscle. I do think I can
stimulate areas of a muscle or muscle group .
Why not just hammer dips or flat benches in to the ground for pec work and call it a day? Why bother with flyes incline flyes pec decs cable flies
wide grip bench close grip bench dumbell inclines dumbell declines ?
I know for a fact if I want to hit pec minor with movements that stimulate
that area more directly I can feel where the soreness is distributed the next day or days . I know what works for me. Same with quads . Why bother with more than 1 quad movement? Why more than 1 ham movement?
Thats fine if that is what works for another person . For me nah , I'll stick to what works for me. Been there tried that. Thanks for listening to my insomnia
induced rambling, T

I think they r called guliteen presses. Scoot dwn farther on the flat bench and do u presses over ur chin as opposed to lwring and raising over ur pecs like normal. This is suppose to eliminate any help from ur tris and focus on the upr pec. I'm not saying that my upr pec is bigger but notice soreness in them from day one.
Hope this helps.

Gironda was really big on the presses to the neck(not the chin)a while back.
Be really careful with that movement you can fuck yourself up big time. Im talking about your shoulders not pinning yourself across the neck./
T

Gironda was really big on the presses to the neck(not the chin)a while back.
Be really careful with that movement you can fuck yourself up big time. Im talking about your shoulders not pinning yourself across the neck./
T

You may be right about to the neck. It was in an article in MUSCULAR DEVELOPMENT. Someone had asked Sibil "grandma" peeters what she uses to help Roelly Winklarr's lagging upr pec development.
Sorry didnt mean to give anyone unclear advice. My shoulders have been holding strong but I did almost drop that bitch on my jaw last night going for 8when I knew I only had 6 in me.

On a side note, anyone that hasn't picked up an issue of Muscular Development, really should. They have alot of really good articles, including steroids.

agree with decline and weighted dips. Dips have added the most mass to my chest than any other excercise

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws