over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Upper chest thickness HELP!

Big nasty mentioned FAP?Not sure what that means but it reminded me of what I have been doing which is flexing and posing between sets and after my chest training.Also stretching and deep tissue massage will help stretch the fascia so there will be more room for growth.My upper chest has sucked for years and not until i did my first show and was practicing a lot of posing,stretching and deep tissue massage did i notice some noticable improvements.

YUP! Thats kind of my protocal while fapping as well.:D:D:D:eek::D:D
But I am still hoping for more growth while doing it as well.:p:p

New article in Canadian Journal of Sports Science showed that Incline presses only causes a 5% increase in firing of the upper chest fibers whereas reverse grip benches caused a 30% increase!! I am starting them right away. This was a well controlled EMG study too. Give it a try.

an article in flex magazine quoted a study where they compared upper chest muscle activity in the incline barbell press and UNDERhand flat bench press. the incline press stimulated 10% of the upper chest whereas underhand flat press stimulated 30% of the upper chest!!?!?!

1) Use no more than a 10% incline on the incline bench.
a. YEARS ago there was an EMG study published in the NSCA Journal
(pretty much the premiere journal for muscle and endurance research).
They found that 10% was the optimal angle for the greatest "upper
chest" (or "clavicular portion") stimulation. Any more than that, the
shoulders started taking more and more of the work.

2) Gironda bench presses (or other similar variations with the pec-deck or
cable crossover).
a. You'll need to use the Smith machine. Have the bar come to your
neck/throat. Have your forearm perpendicular to the floor to assure your
are not pushing up at an angle.

b. This will stretch/target the upper chest ALOT (BigA posted something
similar with the pec deck, same philosophy)

nice, some really good info in this thread!!! thanks guys

Big nasty mentioned FAP?Not sure what that means but it reminded me of what I have been doing which is flexing and posing between sets and after my chest training.Also stretching and deep tissue massage will help stretch the fascia so there will be more room for growth.My upper chest has sucked for years and not until i did my first show and was practicing a lot of posing,stretching and deep tissue massage did i notice some noticable improvements.

Bro I'm pretty sure "FAP" is another word for jacking off that B-RAD made a thread about one day if I rememeber correctly?

LOL YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD THAT MADE ME LAUGH.

YUP! Thats kind of my protocal while fapping as well.:D:D:D:eek::D:D
But I am still hoping for more growth while doing it as well.:p:p

ahahahhahaha ;)

Bro I'm pretty sure "FAP" is another word for jacking off that B-RAD made a thread about one day if I rememeber correctly?

correct.

it'll increase the thickness of your chest by 40% (true statement)

I must be fapping incorrectly...I have increased my chest thickness by only 31.58399574%:(...maybe I should change my grip/lube/foot stance/room temp/headgear/background music/candles/prostate stimulator/nipple clamps/cock ring or mouthpiece to see if I can push the envelope to reach the 40% mark:eek:...

I must be fapping incorrectly...I have increased my chest thickness by only 31.58399574%:(...maybe I should change my grip/lube/foot stance/room temp/headgear/background music/candles/prostate stimulator/nipple clamps/cock ring or mouthpiece to see if I can push the envelope to reach the 40% mark:eek:...

lmao!

i have had good results with incline dumbell at 30d incline...i think i will try the 10d incline as suggested earlier and see how that goes...i like to try different things to keep it fresh sometimes...

lol...is that why my wrist is always sore and i never train it in the gym...too much FAPing....

you must be overtraining

you must be overtraining

ummm.........probably:eek:

In all seriousness...personally I believe it has to more with a persons structure(clavicle width/arm length/chest and torso structure). If it were me I would say my personal favorite is taking a multi-angle bench and putting it one notch above flat. Can't really explain why but I just feel like that hits my CHEST better than any other movement. I just rotate between DBs and BBs and occasionally the smith machine as well.

I've recently started doing partial rep (the middle 2/3 of the movement) Smith inclines at a 55 degree angle, and it seems to be adding some thickness to my upper inner chest.

Reverse grip benches have always been one of my favorite tricep exercises. I actually tried them today on chest day, not only flat, but at various inclines. If you align yourself right (shoulder blades squeezed together, chest arched with back flat against bench), and lower the bar to mid chest, you really can feel these in the upper chest area.

1) Use no more than a 10% incline on the incline bench.
a. YEARS ago there was an EMG study published in the NSCA Journal
(pretty much the premiere journal for muscle and endurance research).
They found that 10% was the optimal angle for the greatest "upper
chest" (or "clavicular portion") stimulation. Any more than that, the
shoulders started taking more and more of the work.

2) Gironda bench presses (or other similar variations with the pec-deck or
cable crossover).
a. You'll need to use the Smith machine. Have the bar come to your
neck/throat. Have your forearm perpendicular to the floor to assure your
are not pushing up at an angle.

b. This will stretch/target the upper chest ALOT (BigA posted something
similar with the pec deck, same philosophy)

3) Hold the reverse grip. While the study may be true, I am very concerned with the bio-mechanics and torque that is placed on the shoulder and rotator cuff,

reverse grip is Dc's personal favourite tricep exercise..

because of the external rotaion. i feel its easier on the shoulder if chest held high with big tight arch..

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws