over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

upset stomach on oatmeal

letz

Registered
So... I love my oatmeal but it makes the stomach upset, loads of gas, and it generally slow down the system down there:)

So anything I can do to change it? Tried cooking it, helps a tiny bit, but not enough.

Reason I dying to know is, oatmeal is only carb that fills me out a lot, and the strenght also increases quite alot compared to when I dont eat it, like now, months since ive eaten it, been eating it again since Monday, strength up on all lifts allready

oatmeal and brown rice does the same thing to me so i stay away from them , i use fruit and sweet pptatoes instead.

You body does care where the carbs come from if you eat any other carb source with thesame glycemic profile as oats the body wouldent know except for the lack of stomach upset.

You may have a gluten intolerance , once i figured out this was my issue i switched overto potatoes and fruit for my carbs all my stomach issues went away and also i retain less water

There is gluten free oatmeal that has helped me tremendously!! Also Try cream of rice or grits

One of my buds had the same problem and switched some of his carb sources to Gluten free and has had 0 problems since! May want to try that

gluten sensitivity or a developed food sensitivity / allergy

oatmeal and brown rice does the same thing to me so i stay away from them , i use fruit and sweet pptatoes instead.

You body does care where the carbs come from if you eat any other carb source with thesame glycemic profile as oats the body wouldent know except for the lack of stomach upset.

You may have a gluten intolerance , once i figured out this was my issue i switched overto potatoes and fruit for my carbs all my stomach issues went away and also i retain less water

same here, i ate oatmeal for years and couldn't understand why i was so bloated all the time. now i know veggies, quinoa, sweet potatoes and fruit are my carb source

I've always read that it's the high amount of soluble fiber in oats that gives people gas. I use oatmeal a lot because it's my carb source in my shakes...oats, whey, and natty PB. I've recently found that if I soak my oats in water in my shaker cup for 15-30 min before making my shakes that it has greatly reduced the gas I usually would have gotten. I researched this and found that by soaking them it helps to break down difficult-to-digest proteins and produces enzymes that help your body digest the components.

Here's a link to the article:

Read more: Why Does Oatmeal Give Me Gas? | LIVESTRONG.COM

I thought I read it causes inflammation cause oats and grains are really meant for human digestion or something IDK.

Myself, oatmeal and a protein shake upsets mu stomach, but spaced apart I'm fine with oatmeal and eat it almost every morning with pb and grape jelly :D

its only oatmeal so im quite sure its not the gluten, but ill give it a try and we'll see how it goes, oatmeal= the tren of carbs for me, strenght is crazy, so is energy and feeling full all day, so i wont stop eating it even tho it upsets my stomach:(

is there anyone like me who likes the bloated feeling from eating oatmeal?

I find that it is the only food that actually makes me feel satisfied and stop eating ( i have an uncontrollable appetite)

Thanks to Mack Truck...I switched to grits...LOVE THEM. No bloat, nice carb source with low GI...good stuff. No more oatmeal for me...

Also, i have some issues with brown rice and bloat..so i went with white...issues went away. I'm going to try mixing them together and see what happens. Otherwise, I might stick to white.

I might have to look into a few of these options as I get bad runs every morning when I have oats for breakfast. I have continued to take them as I didnt know a good alternative. Ill try a few of these. Thanks Guys

I haven't felt better since I got rid of all grains. Google grains are bad or the like -- phytins, etc

I'm OK with oatmeal as long as i keep it at 1/2 cup or under. Anything over and i run into the same issues; bloating, gas, etc...
Peace,
M2M:cool:

Used to eat about 100-200 grams of carbs from oatmeal nealry everyday for years... then I started getting the symptoms you described above.

If I eat small amounts at a time, like 30g carbs from oats, then it's ok. But anything more and I feel like you described... so I stopped eating oatmeal.

Switched to brown rice, quinoa, potatoes and feel/look better

Probably a gluten issue, seems pretty common these days.
For myself, if a food makes me feel bad at all, I dump it.....regardless of whether it is considered a healthy food. We are all highly individual when it comes to what foods are best for us.
Fruit and vegetables are the best carb source for me, as well as sweet potatoes. I don't enjoy eating them nearly as much as my steamed rice, but I know I perform and feel better with them.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131