over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Urgent

you got me paranoid and thinking now.... when i had my kidney stone (which truly sucked btw) they said my protein intake was too high about 400grams a day and that it may have very well caused the stone. They gave me a strainer to try and catch it but the stone got caught in the end of my penis... so i went downstairs and my room mate asked if i was ok... i said absolutely not... and proceeded to down 3/4 of a gallon of water in one sitting and the last thing on my mind was grabbing that strainer... however my urine had been foamy prior to the stone and it makes me wonder if it caused any damage because i sometimes get lower back pain that feels like kidneys rather than muscle strain.

400 GRAMS

SAINT, I DONT CARE WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD, 400 GRAMS A DAY WITH KIDNEY PROBLEMS ALREADY IS ASKING FOR A END STAGE RENAL FAILURE REALLY SOON. SOME PEOPLE CAN EAT THAT MUCH WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS, BUT FOR HOW LONG? WE ARE THE PIONEERS, THE EXPERIMENTERS. IT JUST IS GOING AWRY IN SOME PEOPLE. LOOK AT FLEX, DON LONG, ALONZO MOURNING. TAKING PAIN KILLERS, ANTI INFLAMITORIES, NSAIDS, ETC... IS ANOTHER PROBLEM.

Last edited:
i agree with phil.. we are just the beginning in the endless experiments we put our bodies through.. some of what we do just might back fire.. i personally do not believe in the huge amounts of prtein that some of us take.. 500..600grams a day?? granted, it is a genetic individual thing.. some might be ale with the help of anabolics to assimulate some of that.. i know i can not...nor do i want to try.. i average 250-300 a day when i am in heavy lifting and supplementing.. when i am not supplementing i might take in 150- 200 a day.. i have been no worse for it in my opinion..saint, if ya already have kidney prolems, drink alot of water to keep yourself hydrated and take the protein down a bit.. make up the calories in fats or carbs if you can tolerate them.. hate to see anymore problems happen to ya..by the way, pro bodybuilding is all about genetics..sure, they have to work hard and follow the right diet ect but, in the end they can do things that most of us can not.. we need to take that in mind when we read what they do training wise and the same goes for diet.. :D

Re: 400 GRAMS

PHIL HERNON said:
SAINT, I DONT CARE WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD, 400 GRAMS A DAY WITH KIDNEY PROBLEMS ALREADY IS ASKING FOR A END STAGE RENAL FAILURE REALLY SOON. SOME PEOPLE CAN EAT THAT MUCH WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS, BUT FOR HOW LONG? WE ARE THE PIONEERS, THE EXPERIMENTERS. IT JUST IS GOING ARWY IN SOME PEOPLE. LOOK AT FLEX, DON LONG, ALONZO MOURNING. TAKING PAIN KILLERS, ANTI INFLAMITORIES, NSAIDS, ETC... IS ANOTHER PROBLEM.

Hey phil, does taking pain killers eat muscle? Kinda had a prob with these -- all began with wanting to get to sleep after some vicious practices. Then it was after all fights, then after all practices....you get the picture. And what is NSAIDS?

NSAIDS

non steriodal Anti inflamitory drugs, basically the most perscribed drugs out there today, killers on the kidneys, if abused, and they most always are

hmmm

Is this like IBUPROFEN then? Or Celebrex?

Last edited:
Re: 400 GRAMS

PHIL HERNON said:
SAINT, I DONT CARE WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD, 400 GRAMS A DAY WITH KIDNEY PROBLEMS ALREADY IS ASKING FOR A END STAGE RENAL FAILURE REALLY SOON. SOME PEOPLE CAN EAT THAT MUCH WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS, BUT FOR HOW LONG? WE ARE THE PIONEERS, THE EXPERIMENTERS. IT JUST IS GOING ARWY IN SOME PEOPLE. LOOK AT FLEX, DON LONG, ALONZO MOURNING. TAKING PAIN KILLERS, ANTI INFLAMITORIES, NSAIDS, ETC... IS ANOTHER PROBLEM.

well since i never go above 200 now i noticed something... i still put on muscle and look better now than i did then... so guys that are taking in that much may be seriously damaging themselves... i am agreeing with you here phil. I also never take painkillers but have been known to use benzo's and muscle relaxers (by use i mean abuse to be honest)

Good point saint

Hadi and I were talking and he told me when he cut his protein to about half he noticed that he got harder and lost absolutely ZERO strength. Lats told me something similar also. Even Jay Cutler said that he cut his protein back this year.

Last edited:
So when you cut back protein, are keeping total calories the same? If so, what are you making up difference with? More good fats, complex carbs, or a combo of both?

xcel

Good question

I add about 16-20 fish oil tabs to curb some of the hunger ,but cutting out 100 grams of protein didnt make me feel hungry. Maybe the fish oils made up for it. Taking fish oils for one month, my triglycerides went from 256 to 114. My cholesterol is 170.

Re: Good point saint

PHIL HERNON said:
Hadi and I were talking and he told me when he cut is protein to about half he noticed that he got harder and lost absolutely ZERO strength. Lats told me something similar also. Even Jay Cutler said that he cut his protein back this year.

Yeah I also heard that about Jay..But what does this mean..That our bodies dont really need that much protein and it is being wasted..

Re: Re: Good point saint

weight77 said:

Yeah I also heard that about Jay..But what does this mean..That our bodies dont really need that much protein and it is being wasted..

it's being pissed out essentially working the kidneys harder. Like I said the reason i cut my intake down was because of that kidney stone i had but i was obsessed at the time and 400 was the lowest i would go on any given day. I was trying that 2gms per lb of bodyweight and i really just think it was too much.... because how would i look better with lesss now?

Re: No joke

PHIL HERNON said:
Never have foam in your urine. Speed of entry has nothing to do with it.

I have ahd foam in my urine for years. It varies depending on my vitamin and supplement intake but usually at least a couple times a week it gets real foamy; especially at night when I wake up and have to pee like a racehorse.

Protein

you should never piss out protein, it is just not excreted that way. This only happens if your kidneys are damaged. Excess protein gets turned to fat, it is just that simple.

Full Failure

I was "foaming" for a week before my last comp and ended up literally 1 hour within death from very acute renal failure (kidneys), I colapesed back stage and my potasum levels where so high coz I couldn't filter anthing I went into cardic arrest and also couldn't move a muscle in my body.

Please guys TAKE THIS VERY VERY SERIUOSLY, it almost killed me!

Pittbull, alive well and on baby weights for a while still. It's a huge huge thing to try and get over and can if you're lucky and don't die from it still put your training back by a year easilly.

Please get checked guys.

Pittbull

I have foam everytime I pee. and it also fizzez. does this mean anything? I thought everyone had this.

I foam when I am drinking, think that's just the beer doing it? Don't foam any other time though. Sometimes it's real milky lookin' though.

Everytime after I have had a pig out day and stuffed myself with all the crap in the universe I have VERY foamy piss.
Is that because of kidny strain or is it because of sodas and shit like that??

lets all go a clinic and try to get a group discount for 24 hour urine test.... i wonder if any docs will do that??? ;) i think i'm gonna go get checked out

If I piss on the Ivory- no foam or bubbles.
If I piss on the sidewalk or straight into the toilet water
its all Foam an bubbles. Man Ill never look at my piss the same.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar