over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Urologist visit got me concerned

Reload

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I have a kidney stone in my R kidney 11mm. Saw a urologist and he did the prostate check while discussing my options as to what to do about the stone. Likely Lithotripsy. Provided them with a urine sample and then a nurse did a post void bladder scan which showed 50 mls. I'm 51 y/o btw and the doc tells me after the digital exam that my prostate is the size of someone in their mid 70's?! Very large but smooth, no surface bumps. So here's the thing, for the past few years all I've been taking is 10mg/day test with GH here and there and when my gym shutdown in mid March I stopped taking even that. I've been off everything for 4 months. I currently have no idea what my test level is. Last tested around the beginning of this year was in the low 800's. I don't feel bad, not having classic symptoms of low T. I just don't know why my prostate is so enlarged? Pee once maybe 2x/night. I do pee more frequently throughout the day but don't have any starting or stopping/dribbling symptoms. I've read a few studies that show TRT doesn't increase BPH and might even improve symptoms. Anyone here dealing with BPH?

Ive had a couple times trouble peeing, but never been diagnosed, things sounds normal. Is the size of a 70 year old mean really abnormal in a 51 year old who uses? I wish he could have framed it another way to give you a better idea if what he see's is something to be concerned. I mean its only 20 years off, if you were 30 then that might be more alarming?

The size part would have me asking questions but your symptoms don't seem too severe. What's your PSA? Do you have a baseline for that? A concern about cancer would worry me more than the enlargement.

I’ve been thru this a few times. I could tell you chances are very likely it’s NOT prostate cancer...especially with your prostate being smooth. What it can be and most prob is prostatitis. I’m 48 and have been suffering prostate issues since my 20s. Get your PSA checked and a DRE if you haven’t already
Get confirmation of the prostatits and you’ll get some cipro or levaquin

Sorry to hear this man. What’s the next step? Are you going back for further tests or exams?

Prostatitis is such a nasty bitch. I really dont know why when people get it, it basically haunts them forever. The pain from prostatitis is pretty excruciating. Ill have symptoms for a few months. It will randomly go away, and randomly come back. I wish i could pinpoint exactly what is causing it. For instance on my cycles i might be fine and i could be cruising for months and randomly have symptoms return. PSA has always been very low regardless of symptoms. I have a few supplements like quinol turmeric and a few prostate formulas that actually seem to help. Basically anything thats good at reducing inflammation seems to help with symptoms when they present.

Im 50 and mine is enlarged too. I take Flomax for it and I get by just fine with it. I will probably need surgery on it someday I imagine, if I live long enough. I think the new techniques are pretty good now. You doctor didnt prescibe you any meds such as the Flomax or Proscar?

I think a lot of it is due to genetics. My father had to go on Proscar when he was about 50 and my uncle had to get surgery done when he was about 65 or 70.

Ive had a couple times trouble peeing, but never been diagnosed, things sounds normal. Is the size of a 70 year old mean really abnormal in a 51 year old who uses? I wish he could have framed it another way to give you a better idea if what he see's is something to be concerned. I mean its only 20 years off, if you were 30 then that might be more alarming?

"...it's only 20 years off..." Your logic is incredibly disturbing!

Doc gave me a lab slip for PSA, BUN and Creatinine to be drawn on August 1st. The reason for the 2 week pause is I had colon surgery this past June 24th. I had my sigmoid colon removed and anastomosed due to severe Diverticulosis. I've had multiple hospitalizations going back to 2013 for it and around 10 flare ups since so the surgeon pushed me to the top of his "to do" list once elective surgeries were given the green light. The surgeon had a urologist assist him in placing lighted stents into my ureters during the surgery so he could avoid accidentally cutting into them during the robotic procedure. The surgery went well btw, no complications other than an extra day due to retaining urine...could pee once the foley came out but wasn't able to void my bladder completely. I mentioned this all to the Urologist just so you know.

Do you think the trauma due to the temporary stents and foley could be causing my prostate inflammation this far out from my surgery? It's been 3+ weeks.

I was prescribed Flomax, Tramadol, Gabapentin, Magnesium and multiple probiotics post surgery which I took to completion with exception of the Flomax due to a funky sexual side effect. Retrograde ejaculation...I would not wish this on my worst enemy!

I have a kidney stone in my R kidney 11mm. Saw a urologist and he did the prostate check while discussing my options as to what to do about the stone. Likely Lithotripsy. Provided them with a urine sample and then a nurse did a post void bladder scan which showed 50 mls. I'm 51 y/o btw and the doc tells me after the digital exam that my prostate is the size of someone in their mid 70's?! Very large but smooth, no surface bumps. So here's the thing, for the past few years all I've been taking is 10mg/day test with GH here and there and when my gym shutdown in mid March I stopped taking even that. I've been off everything for 4 months. I currently have no idea what my test level is. Last tested around the beginning of this year was in the low 800's. I don't feel bad, not having classic symptoms of low T. I just don't know why my prostate is so enlarged? Pee once maybe 2x/night. I do pee more frequently throughout the day but don't have any starting or stopping/dribbling symptoms. I've read a few studies that show TRT doesn't increase BPH and might even improve symptoms. Anyone here dealing with BPH?

I wouldn't place much faith in how you feel coming off to be a good indicator of test levels. I came off for a year while travelling abroad awhile back. I felt fine. Still had a sex drive. No ED problems. Lost a bit of lean mass, but kept working out and stayed fairly large/lean.

When I came back doctor had me do a baseline blood test (12 months off everything) and my levels were in the high 100's. I can't remember exactly, but I'm thinking 180's or 190's.

Good luck with these issues. I'm sure I likely have similar prostate size issues given my anabolic history/age, and I should probably be more concerned and proactive then I have been.

I was prescribed Flomax, Tramadol, Gabapentin, Magnesium and multiple probiotics post surgery which I took to completion with exception of the Flomax due to a funky sexual side effect. Retrograde ejaculation...I would not wish this on my worst enemy!
Didnt know that was a side effect of Flomax. Ive been on it for about 3 years now and no problems so far.

Maybe @thebigbus could chime in, he's our on board urologist.

Wish you the best, Reload!

Appreciate it Stewie/guys. Hopefully he'll chime in. Getting old doesn't come with a manual! I've done some things in my life that keep me up at night. Can't help but wonder if this is karma catching up with me.

Appreciate it Stewie/guys. Hopefully he'll chime in. Getting old doesn't come with a manual! I've done some things in my life that keep me up at night. Can't help but wonder if this is karma catching up with me.

Don't get yourself stressed out Reload. That's the worst thing we can do as we get older. Just be honest with yourself and do what you can to be as healthy as you can in this lifestyle!

I've had issues urinating for years and it's been slowly getting worse. Ent to the urologist and had the before/ after ultra sound and then the dreaded camera in the dick. My prostate is enlarged but not too bad and my bladder is showing signs of thickening due to strain. Im 54 and he gave me flowmax which works ok. Il eventual have to get something more permanent but it's in check now.

Good to hear scottbooch.
I'm in the discovery phase now so hopefully will be learning what my options are going forward.

I've had issues urinating for years and it's been slowly getting worse. Ent to the urologist and had the before/ after ultra sound and then the dreaded camera in the dick. My prostate is enlarged but not too bad and my bladder is showing signs of thickening due to strain. Im 54 and he gave me flowmax which works ok. Il eventual have to get something more permanent but it's in check now.
Good. I am in the same situation as you. The flomax keeps me going ok too. I take the lower dose cap, how about you? There are 2 doses.

Have you also noticed that if you don't urinate frequently enough, like when you are sleeping at night, that when your bladder is very full it becomes much more difficult to urinate? I think its due to the bladder getting stretched out too far and not being able to generate enough pressure.

What is the general consensus on having protein in the urine for bodybuilders? I almost always have it even when creatinine is fine, doctors never look into it

Good. I am in the same situation as you. The flomax keeps me going ok too. I take the lower dose cap, how about you? There are 2 doses.

Have you also noticed that if you don't urinate frequently enough, like when you are sleeping at night, that when your bladder is very full it becomes much more difficult to urinate? I think its due to the bladder getting stretched out too far and not being able to generate enough pressure.
I take .4mg 1x/ day. Sometimes my symptoms get worse for a week or so and I'll double the dose. I definitely notice it's worse if I hold it! Im currently trading to my Dr about a Urolift. The procedure has Very few sides and really good results. There's so many procedures all with different sides but I don't want to be in meds anymore.

I take .4mg 1x/ day. Sometimes my symptoms get worse for a week or so and I'll double the dose. I definitely notice it's worse if I hold it! Im currently trading to my Dr about a Urolift. The procedure has Very few sides and really good results. There's so many procedures all with different sides but I don't want to be in meds anymore.
Never have heard of that, looks promising. I'm worried about what can go wrong doing that. Do any guys suffer from incontinence after that? Wouldn't want to have to wear diapers. I know traditional surgery can cause that, but its only temporary.

I guess the flomax causes you bad sides? I can't even tell I'm taking mine, as far as sides. Only good affects. Maybe I'm lucky?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131