over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ursolic Acid

omegachewy

Registered
Skeletal muscle Akt activity stimulates muscle growth and imparts resistance to obesity, glucose intolerance and fatty liver disease. We recently found that ursolic acid increases skeletal muscle Akt activity and stimulates muscle growth in non-obese mice. Here, we tested the hypothesis that ursolic acid might increase skeletal muscle Akt activity in a mouse model of diet-induced obesity. We studied mice that consumed a high fat diet lacking or containing ursolic acid. In skeletal muscle, ursolic acid increased Akt activity, as well as downstream mRNAs that promote glucose utilization (hexokinase-II), blood vessel recruitment (Vegfa) and autocrine/paracrine IGF-I signaling (Igf1). As a result, ursolic acid increased skeletal muscle mass, fast and slow muscle fiber size, grip strength and exercise capacity. Interestingly, ursolic acid also increased brown fat, a tissue that shares developmental origins with skeletal muscle. Consistent with increased skeletal muscle and brown fat, ursolic acid increased energy expenditure, leading to reduced obesity, improved glucose tolerance and decreased hepatic steatosis. These data support a model in which ursolic acid reduces obesity, glucose intolerance and fatty liver disease by increasing skeletal muscle and brown fat, and suggest ursolic acid as a potential therapeutic approach for obesity and obesity-related illness.

PLOS ONE: Ursolic Acid Increases Skeletal Muscle and Brown Fat and Decreases Diet-Induced Obesity, Glucose Intolerance and Fatty Liver Disease

If I'm not mistaken the studies I have read were performed on rats. I tried Patrick Arnold's prototype nutrition and was not impressed.

If I'm not mistaken the studies I have read were performed on rats. I tried Patrick Arnold's prototype nutrition and was not impressed.

there was one human study done with it. What dose were you using?

Either way, the host dosage ranges from 600-1000mg. Im currently using 600. Just started today and will be using preworkout and before bed. This is something im trying, taking into consideration digestion times with igf hormone level times to maximize activity. Also remember its fat soluble so take with food.

Looking forward to your log on this chewy...
I have been looking into Ursolic acid lately....

This Ursolic Acid has been talked about in supplement forums for the past year or so...seems to be still up in the air as to what the effects are on humans.

Most of the guys trying it have been random college aged recreational lifters (the guys who usually think a new brand of creatine gives them amazing gains) so I take EVERY review of this product with a grain of salt.

seems to have a couple decent looking studies with it but if i was going to use it, I would triple the dosage...IMO too expensive to do that vs. grabbing some more test.

This Ursolic Acid has been talked about in supplement forums for the past year or so...seems to be still up in the air as to what the effects are on humans.

Most of the guys trying it have been random college aged recreational lifters (the guys who usually think a new brand of creatine gives them amazing gains) so I take EVERY review of this product with a grain of salt.

seems to have a couple decent looking studies with it but if i was going to use it, I would triple the dosage...IMO too expensive to do that vs. grabbing some more test.

It is a very expensive and very difficult to find. Its going to explode though. Freaking muscle tech got their hands on it and bought nearly all of it doe their shittu stuff. Nd you are totally right about the dose. The reccomended dose it 100-200 and im start with 600the and will slowly up to gram.

Three pills twice a day is a lot easier...

pretty sure oral absorption of UR is crap in it's original form. Needs to be converted to sodium ursolic acetate, which im Pretty sure Prototype's is (if that's what you're using). I just prefer spay because i think it's cool. To each his own.

pretty sure oral absorption of UR is crap in it's original form. Needs to be converted to sodium ursolic acetate, which im Pretty sure Prototype's is (if that's what you're using). I just prefer spay because i think it's cool. To each his own.

hmm. odd. I don't see where they specify that in the lab. And im using what the owner of the company said he got from the same study. I think that sentence made sense, sorry. And I wasn't kicking you mate, I personally would find that frustrating and time consuming is all. But if you found something that you like that works, great!

I do not sell this product, nor have bottles to give away My helping to get it, is pointing you to a source that carries it. The brand I am using is called nutrology. Things to remember about this stuff is

-little noticeable acute effects
-would not use less than 6 weeks
-recommended doses are not enough
-minimum dose should be 600mg
-you may have increased hunger

Now, your local gnc MAY carry it. I think very few do. Im not going to mention their website(nutrology's), because I don't want it to look like im trying to advertise, hence the whole reason I posted about the ingredient and not a brand.

If you would like more info on getting it, PM me, if you have already, will be getting to them now.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws