over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

US chicken

Yeah, I just never understood the gold buying craze to prep for a disaster. Honestly just want to understand. If it's a good idea I'd start buying it myself. Thanks for the discussion though :)

the idea is that gold silver and commodities protect your wealth from inflation.

if you read a bit of history back when germany's dollar collapsed due to the governments hyperinflation mens wives stood outside their workplace with wheelbarrows. men were paid daily because prices rose quickly. there was nothing on the shelves because your dollar was losing value so quickly it made more sense to have things instead of savings. bread might be 100 dollars today and 300 tomorrow so you better exchange those dollars.

gold is said to be a hedge against inflation.

currencies will come and go but gold will always be money.

check out a good website called monetary metals. Monetary Metals ... Keith has a good grasp of what money is and isn't.

Last edited:
Just raise your own chickens guys.you have the fresh chicken and eggs.and u know what u feed them not someone else raising them and telling u what they feed it.another thing I don't trust and that's just me.maybe cuz in my country/nationality we raise our own but I see a lot of u buy grass feed meat.how u really know that's what they are feeding them.?

Not being racist but the only people who think Obama is doing good is the Afro-american race.
He has fucked up everything and yes i would say the same thing if he was white.
I will shut up before this gets political or something.

When you start off whatever you are saying with this phrase, there's a pretty good chance that what you're about to say is racist or at the very least, offensive. And as an African American in particular and a person of color in general, I get sick and tired of people painting all of us with a broad brush. We DO have differing opinions and points of view and we DO think for ourselves. Maybe if you actually asked people and spoke to them as opposed to assuming, you would see that. The ironic thing is, that when you assume about others, you're just as guilty of following the herd and not thinking as those you stereotype.

Not being racist but the only people who think Obama is doing good is the Afro-american race.
He has fucked up everything and yes i would say the same thing if he was white.
I will shut up before this gets political or something.

When you start off whatever you are saying with this phrase, there's a pretty good chance that what you're about to say is racist or at the very least, offensive. And as an African American in particular and a person of color in general, I get sick and tired of people painting all of us with a broad brush. We DO have differing opinions and points of view and we DO think for ourselves. Maybe if you actually asked people and spoke to them as opposed to assuming, you would see that. The ironic thing is, that when you assume about others, you're just as guilty of following the herd and not thinking as those you stereotype.

Just raise your own chickens guys.you have the fresh chicken and eggs.and u know what u feed them not someone else raising them and telling u what they feed it.another thing I don't trust and that's just me.maybe cuz in my country/nationality we raise our own but I see a lot of u buy grass feed meat.how u really know that's what they are feeding them.?

Grass fed beef smells different, you can tell immediately.

the idea is that gold silver and commodities protect your wealth from inflation.

if you read a bit of history back when germany's dollar collapsed due to the governments hyperinflation mens wives stood outside their workplace with wheelbarrows. men were paid daily because prices rose quickly. there was nothing on the shelves because your dollar was losing value so quickly it made more sense to have things instead of savings. bread might be 100 dollars today and 300 tomorrow so you better exchange those dollars.

check out a good website called monetary metals. Monetary Metals ... Keith has a good grasp of what money is and isn't.

Thanks for the link, I will definitely check it out.

you are so wrong man I don't know where to start.

Wow you blew me out of the water with your massive facts and strong points, thank you for the schooling. I don`t know what else to say :banghead:

Here is where you are all wrong with gold, there is NO INFLATION PROBLEM! Yes some commodities are up, yet off their highs, but this is because of QE 1,2, 3, etc causing mass speculation, not because of increased demand. The amount of "money printing" the fed has done almost exactly equals the amount of debt (which is real money) that has been written off by consumers/business (meaning less money is circulation, in the system). Also the amount of "money printed" almost equals the amount bank reserves have increased over the last 3 years... this money is NOT being lent, to be spent, to possibly cause inflation, like the fed wants to happen.

Back to chicken. What has been ruled is that 4 Chinese companies can process chicken raised in USA or Canada and send that chicken cooked back to USA with no inspectors in the Chinese plants. THAT`S IT! All this about raw Chinese raised chicken being to USA is speculation, most publicly by chuck schumer says "its coming", obama is "getting ready" to green light it. This is pure politics of schumer being a "super hero" to save everybody. I still don`t wanna eat anything from China, even if it is just processed there. China already imports 5 BILLION lbs of food a year to USA, mostly fish (tilapia/cod), garlic, herbs, canned/frozen vegetables.

Last edited by a moderator:
hogan. i'll be honest im shocked at some of your statements here about the us dollar and inflation. even the governments propaganda machines admit there is an inflation problem. greenspan and bernanke can no longer deny this. right now they are just trying to persuade the people that inflation is good and that deflation is the new downward spiral.

inflation is great for governments who like to spend money. but its terrible for the working class who put their savings in dollars that are worth less and less each year.

as i mentioned earlier in 1913 the price of the dollar was 1200mg of gold. in the year 2000 it was worth 120mg of gold. today the price of the dollar is 20mg of gold.

do you really think there isn't an inflation problem? i'm wondering if you really do believe that shit your saying.

google defines inflation as a decrease in purchasing power. inflation is expanding the money supply. the rising prices is a consequence of expanding credit. again you show your ignorance by stating there is no inflation problem just prior to rattling off 3 QE periods?

Grass fed beef smells different, you can tell immediately.

Oh ok I didn't know that.i learned something today.thanks lex

google defines inflation as a decrease in purchasing power. inflation is expanding the money supply. the rising prices is a consequence of expanding credit. again you show your ignorance by stating there is no inflation problem just prior to rattling off 3 QE periods?

uggh you don`t even understand the definition of inflation. Increasing the money supply (which has not happened that much under QE because of $ written off privately that counterbalances money supply) does not alone cause inflation, there also needs to be velocity of M2. Sorry you don`t understand all this. Here is a graph of money velocity (that rate at which money is spent/turned over).
Velocity of M2 Money Stock (M2V) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

Since your so smart, what caused 7% inflation in the 1970`s? Was the govt/fed printing excess money? No they were not, so what happened?

Wow you blew me out of the water with your massive facts and strong points, thank you for the schooling. I don`t know what else to say :banghead:

Here is where you are all wrong with gold, there is NO INFLATION PROBLEM! Yes some commodities are up, yet off their highs, but this is because of QE 1,2, 3, etc causing mass speculation, not because of increased demand. The amount of "money printing" the fed has done almost exactly equals the amount of debt (which is real money) that has been written off by consumers/business (meaning less money is circulation, in the system). Also the amount of "money printed" almost equals the amount bank reserves have increased over the last 3 years... this money is NOT being lent, to be spent, to possibly cause inflation, like the fed wants to happen.

Back to chicken. What has been ruled is that 4 Chinese companies can process chicken raised in USA or Canada and send that chicken cooked back to USA with no inspectors in the Chinese plants. THAT`S IT! All this about raw Chinese raised chicken being to USA is speculation, most publicly by chuck schumer says "its coming", obama is "getting ready" to green light it. This is pure politics of schumer being a "super hero" to save everybody. I still don`t wanna eat anything from China, even if it is just processed there. China already imports 5 BILLION lbs of food a year to USA, mostly fish (tilapia/cod), garlic, herbs, canned/frozen vegetables.

if "THAT'S IT" why don't you want to eat it?

One positive if someone believes the world is grand and the're is no inflation... it makes buying and saving easier for the rest of us!

What sucks is savings account and savings bonds aren't collecting any interest so what sits in those areas are actually causing you to lose money ever y year. So long as the interest gained is less than inflation your money is defreasing from nothing but societal change.

I read a really awesome article some time ago regarding the price of a home compared to gold in the 1920s and the price of a home compared the price of gold today. Essentially the exchange between gold and home was equivalent where money required to buy either had drastically increased.

I wouldn't recommend anyone putting all of their money into precious metals but if you have decent savings in cash money invested in the market or real estate and bullets food etc increase that portfolio. The super rich do it because they understand how metals hold value. A printed currency is only as stable as perceived. It's necessary for easy trade but the amount traded is up for grabs.

Dont forget the US confiscated gold from its citizens during the depression.

So nothing is 100% secure, except for guns and ammo ;)

Red i can not agree more !! i am not originally from the USA and i really have to say this country changed so much the last 5 years its scary.
The rest of the world is laughing about America.
The pussy's and hand out people took over thanks to Obama.

Liberals are finally succeeding in making America no longer a super power, and making us a bigger joke than Zimbabwe, and less feared than some angry little gangham style tyrant. Obama has been made a fool by Putin, Assad, Lil Kim (N Korea not raper version), and now Raul Castro.

The have been constantly re-shaping kids minds in schools and universities, infecting all forms of media, movies and television. Government has been taking away the desire to succeed and replacing it in people with the desire to need the government for all their comforts from cradle to grave.

America is starting to become a living breathing movie "Idiocracy"

**broken link removed**

Obama is a political Fuck, only out for personal gain !

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

if "THAT'S IT" why don't you want to eat it?

I say "that its" because your post says ...."Then soon....(not soon enough) China raised chicken will be thrown into the mix..(YES!)".... This as of right now, is FALSE, it is speculation by one person, chuck "the liberal" schumer, which IMO is him posturing (as he does a lot) as him being a savior.

Then you go on to say the following....
"the best part is there will be no requirement on the packaging letting you know if you are getting the good or "awesome" chicken."....
This is in fact true, BUT only for the chicken that can be raised in USA or Canada, and sent to China for processing and returned. The labeling requirement has nothing to do with raw chinese raised chickens because right now those are still NOT allowed into the US for consumption.

I was just clarifying your post as it seemed a bit alarmist. I don`t want chicken processed in a Chinese plant (or any plant, anyplace), that has no inspectors there to make sure the place is clean, with no rats running around pooping on everything. Also I don`t eat processed chicken or canned mushrooms, so this doesn`t affect me at all! ;)

Washington, D.C.—”Today, USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) publicly admitted that China’s poultry slaughter system is not equivalent to that of the United States, and thus China is not eligible to ship poultry products made from Chinese-raised chickens to the U.S. This acknowledgement was based on the March 2013 audit of China’s poultry slaughter system.

**broken link removed**

I say "that its" because your post says ...."Then soon....(not soon enough) China raised chicken will be thrown into the mix..(YES!)".... This as of right now, is FALSE, it is speculation by one person, chuck "the liberal" schumer, which IMO is him posturing (as he does a lot) as him being a savior.

Then you go on to say the following....
"the best part is there will be no requirement on the packaging letting you know if you are getting the good or "awesome" chicken."....
This is in fact true, BUT only for the chicken that can be raised in USA or Canada, and sent to China for processing and returned. The labeling requirement has nothing to do with raw chinese raised chickens because right now those are still NOT allowed into the US for consumption.

I was just clarifying your post as it seemed a bit alarmist. I don`t want chicken processed in a Chinese plant (or any plant, anyplace), that has no inspectors there to make sure the place is clean, with no rats running around pooping on everything. Also I don`t eat processed chicken or canned mushrooms, so this doesn`t affect me at all! ;)

you make no sense ...why do you say "that's it?" but then say you wouldn't eat the shit anyway? if its no big deal then why aren't you going to eat it. OH Wait you never eat processed chicken or canned mushrooms...you ever eat out? your kids if you have any NEVER EAT THAT SHIT? Its hard to believe that someone of your great knowledge of finance and obvious personal wealth and success isn't eating out every now and then

I didn't come to the conclusions in my post they were directly from the source I posted that I am sure you didn't read.

YES MY POST IS AN ALARM WE ARE LOWERING OUR FOOD STANDARDS AND LOOSING JOBS to the country that the the largest NON US owner of US treasuries..with a consistent record of importing toxic food products to us.

and just to be clear you should be clarifying anything as every single one of your reply's is opposite of clarity.

Dont forget the US confiscated gold from its citizens during the depression.

So nothing is 100% secure, except for guns and ammo ;)

you are correct BUT you don't think guns and ammo couldn't be confiscated...

uggh you don`t even understand the definition of inflation. Increasing the money supply (which has not happened that much under QE because of $ written off privately that counterbalances money supply) does not alone cause inflation, there also needs to be velocity of M2. Sorry you don`t understand all this. Here is a graph of money velocity (that rate at which money is spent/turned over).
Velocity of M2 Money Stock (M2V) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

Since your so smart, what caused 7% inflation in the 1970`s? Was the govt/fed printing excess money? No they were not, so what happened?

You seem to have just enough information to be dangerous. To counter your general argument that "the dollar has gone up" there is of course the "Dollar Index" which tracks the value of the dollar vs. a basket of trading partner currencies. Here is a long term look.
Jesse's Café Américain: US Dollar Index Very Long Term Chart - A Rake's Progress

As you can clearly see the relative decreasing value of the dollar. The Fed and politicians have in fact stated the goal of dollar weakness to help the present trade balance by making US exports more competitive (cheaper) globally.

Milton Friedman stated that inflation is always a monetary phenomenon (ie. inflation = increase in the quantity of money). Here is your money supply in the link and it is going up in a steep fashion.
M2 Money Stock (M2) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

Now your chart shows the velocity of money being at all-time lows. Do you think this will always be the case going forward? What happens when velocity returns to more normal rates (banks begin lending again)? Inflation indeed!

So to take this back to China. Yes the Chinese hold about 1.2 Trillion worth of US Treasuries (our Debt). This allows China to dictate to a degree US policy since they could threaten to dump their treasuries on the open market which would cause a spike in interest rates and be very damaging to the US economy.

Second, the Chinese peg their RMB to the dollar but let it move up or down in a narrow range daily. Even with the peg, the dollar has generally gotten weaker versus the RMB the last decade. When I went there in 07 it was about 8RMB per $...now 6RMB per $.

On chicken...don't blame the Chinese. Blame the corporations and crony US politicians. They benefit from this deal...you suffer loss of food quality and safety.

The people in China don't trust any food produced in China. They go over the border to buy baby formula in Hong Kong in droves. The Chinese have learned not to trust anything their gov or big corporations tell them and rightly so. People here need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Lastly. You will not find dog meat in your chicken as someone was worried about. Dog meat is much more expensive than chicken over there.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear