over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

USA PICS

Hey Derik,
A fellow massachusetter--Im from Gardner and I trained at Iron World and I think you trained at Sevigs at that time right down the road in Fitchburg. I trained with Donnie Lemiuex (AAU Mr Mass-Universe etc) --who introduced us I believe--I think it was at the Golds Classic in Boston. I was going to tap you on the shoulder at the San Diego champs (as ive been out here for a while now too) but you were in deep convo with Chris Cook. Anyway as someone that knows that journey you took to get that IFBB pro card--your fortitude and drive is highly respected

holy crap....

thats cool...i remember the iron house i went there a few times .. i knew donie well too he used to look me over along with shawn baker , remember him ?damn i miss sevigs ..that place was small but hardcore..i do love pb's world gy m..they treat me well .. just wish more bbers were there...
you should have come up and said hi, i would have loved shooting the shit , you must have seen pete [guyrunning the prolab booth] hes from sevigs too.. he would have went off if you mentioned sevigs he loved the hardcoreness of that gym...
if you 're in pb arera let me know...

derik

Sean Baker-yes people thought he was going places bigtime but i think he kind of got burned out. I still talk to Donnie regularly and see him when I go back and he lurks around these boards still sometimes--Ill tell him you said hello. I cant place Pete but maybe if I saw him. I do know what your talking about though as far as hardcore. I was telling my gf that everyone thinks of cali as the mecca and I think theres far more bodybuilders per person back home honestly. Im in the superheavies at one of the spring cali shows next year so Ill try to keep some East Coast Hardcore pride going out here--lol-take care

Im up here in Escondido in North County SD but Ill say hello next time i see you....what were you weighing in at during that 765lb squat you did because thats absolutely mammoth at your bodyweight

Last edited:
You guys are giving me flashbacks

I've been out in SoCal for the past 10 years now, but I grew up in Burlington, Mass and trained all through high school and college at Paul Cazzupe's World Gym in Woburn. I know what you guys are talking about as far as it being hardcore on the East Coast, their is just something different in the attitude.

I had a good year out here this year, just won the heavyweight class at the Arizona State Championships. Still want to get back home one day and win the New Englands-man you guys are giving me some good flashbacks.

SJR

jesus christ!!!!!

paul cuzupe.. i joined world gym in fitchburg before i went to sevigs.. i guess he had a part of that gym he tried ot get me to do my first show [anbc mr mass] but i backed out .. no one was helping me and i didnt feel ready..
my last gym was in billerica just down the street from burlington mall.. was nautilus plus .. jimmy dakotas who runs the new englands used to own it ..
damn talk about a small world..

Holy Crap

Cazuppe tried to get me to do the same thing but I didn't have anyone to guide me back then either. You just blew my mind. I switched over to Nautilus Plus in Billerica as soon as it opened, I think in early 1994. Jay Cutler was over their back then and sometimes Paul deMayo. So was Matt Mcglaughlin. Man he used to look insane. I used to think that he was on some miracle drugs because when I was, I think at that time about 22 years old, I had never seen anyone like him before. I think Tito and Jose Ramond were coming over for a while too. Man , that Jim was awesome. I didn't mind leaving it though, because as soon as I moved out here in late '94 I joined Gold's in Venice and joined the "Dark Side" of the sport. Went from a trim 195 when I left Burlington to an off season weight off 260. Something in the water out here I guess.

Moved up to the San Fernando Valley with my girlfriend about 4 years ago and train at the Powerhouse gy up here with Stan McQuay. Quincy Taylor and Melvin Anthony work out up here to. San Fernado sucks compared to Venice and Burlington, but I still love the weather-to bad you can't import the people from the East Coast (ha,ha) no offense to you West Coast born dudes, my girlfriend is born and raised Valley Girl.

Let me know if you are ever up in these neck of the woods, I would love to get in a sesion with you. I just competed in the USA (Heavyweights) didn't make the top 15 out of 41 heavyweights. Judges said that they had me about 18th overall. Held up great from the front, dissapeared from the behind. Just can't get my friggin' back to come up.

Partied with Dennis Newman and Craig Titus at the after party, both said they could thickin my back up quick and get me in the top 10 next year, but unfortunately they live in Vegas and I only get out their a few times a year.

Man, you are right, small world. Good memories

Holy Crap

Derick:

Meant to hit reply and started a new thread by mistake. The "Holy Crap" thread was for you

|--[\\\]>---------- I think my boy Ko should have won! I know i play favorites...but yes, DIM is awsome!

Matt Mcgauphlin--thats a blast from the past--trained by Kevin Mcgaunn correct? -who was a pretty good bodybuilder in his own right until he tore both quads.

How bout this name Chuck Re?

phil...

i knew of lucio , but never really met him,

kevin mcgaun,, hlped me for my first [ 1992] nationals , didnt let me train legs for 8 weeks i felt it hurt me .. he had my calories too low at that time i met matt mcglauhlin... i talked ot him here and there when we ran into each other .. he was always nice and we got along good ..i didnt know he tore his quds!!!! i think he did nationals in 2002 with me ..i think i saw him but wasnt able ot get over to him ....
billerica was the best gy mfor equip.. jay and i used ot meet up once in awhile there ... he too said it was great .. atmospere died when new owners took over but if you put ear pohnes on you were good to go....
i saw someone mention ko , i dont know why the judges dont like him,at jr nationals he took 2nd to jummy k, and troy moore took 3rd... at usa's jummy wins , tory takes 9 ht and ko takes 15?????? that is a mystery...
how about dave burlington? he took i think 3rd at lwt heavies this yr hes likw 27 wiht great potential, or tj[warren] rhone, he won new englands this yr and did usa'aS a LWT heavyy ..
damn small world ...

dogg ,

i was like 195 at time of squat ..i thnk it was in 94 -95 i ws heavy, i weigh 197 now but alot .. leaner back then i was trying to get up to middle weight but didnt understand nutrition as i do know... i dont hardly squat now.. if i do its for reps usually 500 for 15-20.. 2 sets at most ..i do front squats , hacks mostly ...the extra weight was more strenous on my neck and i didnt want to damage my back....o nthe tape you ca nsee my back looks lie ka rubber band.. so no thanx....

derik

DerikFarnsworth said:
dogg ,

i was like 195 at time of squat ..i thnk it was in 94 -95 i ws heavy, i weigh 197 now but alot .. leaner back then i was trying to get up to middle weight but didnt understand nutrition as i do know... i dont hardly squat now.. if i do its for reps usually 500 for 15-20.. 2 sets at most ..i do front squats , hacks mostly ...the extra weight was more strenous on my neck and i didnt want to damage my back....o nthe tape you ca nsee my back looks lie ka rubber band.. so no thanx....

derik

2 sets of 20 reps with 500lbs at a weight of 197???!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool: :cool:

i can do it at a bw of 175, 180 pretty ...we used ot do heavy squats one week followed by high rep the next ..high reps was like 315 for 25[best i got was 27] 400 for 15-20 500 for 15's 585 for 8-10
then we;d do heavy day following week

500 for 10,585 for 6-8[got 10 a few times], 675 for 4-6..... i only attempted 7p plus a 25 a few times and only went for 8pl [765[ once.. i ddint like the weight on my back , i thought it was counter productive at this point to be going this heavy.... i only wish i had a qulity video camera back then ... the tape i got is o.k but i wouldnt try and sel it .. but it was fun to watch

derik

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity