over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

USA Predictions and Video

Alex A

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
If you have a chance to check out the video i did with Lonnie Teper.. Check it out..

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/media/videos.php

3 pro cards will be given out in bodybuilding and my top pics are as follow..( with the overall Going to Alvisi)

Supers- Greg Atoyan, The NPCs highest ranked bodybuilder.. his placings last two years are as follows... USA 3rd and 2nd.. Nationals 2nd two years in a row.. Conditioning is an issue but should be good enough to win.

Heavies: Mark Alvisi: 4th place at the USA and 2nd at the nationals.. Clear winner..

Light heavies: Brandon Rey...2nd at the USA.. could get pushed hard by Tamer El Guindy... Tamer on condition but the shape and thickness of Rey will probably lead him to the top spot in the class.

I like the middles on down.... but at this quality of competition. I dont feel a middle or welter can dethrone any of the higher classes..

My middleweight pic is Darrell Gee edging out Shavis higa on conditon.. Higa has some of the best legs in the show and shape too..(when we did the video, we didnt know Gee was competing).

It was proven at the LA championships that a middle can win the overall but not at this caliber of competition..

Good luck to all middles, welters and lightweights competing...

Attachments

• lonnieandalex.jpg
    lonnieandalex.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
I feel that Mark Alvisi will win the overall at the USA..I mean he would have to be pretty off to lose the heavyweight division...Not to disrespect Lee Banks cause he is a great heavyweight...But, I think its pretty much Alvisi's show this year...Atoyan, is a good superheavy, but I cant see him being harder than Alvisi...Plus, he only comes in a few pounds over the super limits..So he isnt a huge superheavy guy...

chris

I feel that Mark Alvisi will win the overall at the USA..I mean he would have to be pretty off to lose the heavyweight division...Not to disrespect Lee Banks cause he is a great heavyweight...But, I think its pretty much Alvisi's show this year...Atoyan, is a good superheavy, but I cant see him being harder than Alvisi...Plus, he only comes in a few pounds over the super limits..So he isnt a huge superheavy guy...

chris

I think Alvis will win the overall but Atoyan should take a card..

Atoyan doesnt have to be a legit super heavyweight...

The guy is 5'8" and 227-230lbs...

and has placed 2nd like a total of 6 times at the nationals and USA hes a proven competitor..not hype...

Last edited:

and has placed 2nd like a total of 6 times at the nationals and USA hes a proven competitor..not hype...

Alex,

Im not saying that Atoyan isnt a good superheavy (ofcourse he is, 2nd, 6 times is very good) But im just saying I dont think he would beat Alvisi if he dropped to the heavyweights..For some reason, he doesnt come in with that crazy hardness that Alvisi has...Although I will say he looks super thick and looks bigger on stage than being only 230ish pounds...

chris

WOW! Cant wait for this show!

Cool!

Alex, I am in the Embassy Suites hotel. Things look good, terrific hotel. I am getting ready to go down to hit some cardio. I can post a good thread, but I am worried that we are getting a little over exposed here and folks are probably getting sick of my stuff. Lol.

I tell you what, after this weekend.....I am NOT ONE to doubt your predictions, my friend!:cool:

JT

Hey JT. I have been enjoying your threads and pics very much. keep'em coming. very exicting. Good luck to Lynx.:)

Alex, I am in the Embassy Suites hotel. Things look good, terrific hotel. I am getting ready to go down to hit some cardio. I can post a good thread, but I am worried that we are getting a little over exposed here and folks are probably getting sick of my stuff. Lol.

I tell you what, after this weekend.....I am NOT ONE to doubt your predictions, my friend!:cool:

People love it man.. Im waiting for the girls pics to come up.. to post some!

I couldn't agree less! I was just looking for the thread titled The USA's through the eyes of JT.

We want the thread up ASAP!!!!!!!

May I make a suggestion?

Forget about the cardio and working out crap, just have a good time. All of those tourist are going to think you are some kind of movie star or something, A big, good looking Mountain of Man like yourself walking around there. Make sure you get some photos of the reaction of the tourist sitting around the pool when you come walking up.

I know you're much more of a qualified judge than I am Alex but I wasn't impressed with Atoyans pics from the weigh in at all, I personally like Jason Huh in the Supers.

Here's a pic of Atoyan from weigh in.
IMG_4179_UWBFPFLYAQ.jpg

Jason Huh is a beast...he is from my hometown...I remember seeing him a few years ago and my jaw dropped...especially when i found out his age!

Keep in mind.. I did the video 7 weeks ago

Plus the predictions i just made were before the weigh in pics! lol.

It would be easier to predict once you see the guys....

I agreee, atoyan doesnt look great in the pics ... And shavis Higa never looks as impressive in pics as he does in person.. Thats why those guys never get hyped up too much...... but in person its a different story...

I think the guys i predicted might still win... And i still say the cards will go

Super, heavy and lightheavy

Not that i want them to go that way... Im just saying that is how the judges will place these guys for the pro cards, in my opinion.

Here is a pic of atoyan hitting the same pose at the nationals in 08 at the weigh in.

Trust me, i go for condition.. Im just talking predictions based on track record... Check this out... Hes been 2nd 4 times at the nationals! hes been 2nd, 3rd and 4th at the USA and won his class at the North American but lost the overall to Frank houser.. hes a proven guy.. but it seems like condition is an issue once again!

Attachments

• atoyan.jpg
    atoyan.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
I dont know, Gregg looks a bit more conditioned in the second pic (from Nats). First pic from yesterday I assume? So he would still have time to dry out a bit more.

Predictions are tough as there is a lot of time for these guys to sit around, waiting.... then you wind up thinking too much and making a last minute change because your mind is messing with ya'

Been there, done that!

He does look tighter at the Nationals.. And he looked awesome at the show.

He just lost to a better competitor that day... and the guy he lost to at the nationals ...he had beaten before.. .....

You only have to be as good as your competition... as you know.. its hard to predict these things...

Well, after seeing the Lee Banks pics, looks like there is only one more pro card available!

Don't count the MW Gee out for a pro card.

Gee looks great but who is he going to beat out for the card... the super, heavy or lightheavyweight?

Last edited:
Matt Lowden, a friend of mine originally from Juneau AK, is competing as a light heavy. He won the Oregon State overall a few weeks ago at 208 lbs. I remember his first show when he won the novice class in the Alaska back in 1999. Over the last 10 years Matt has won shows in Alaska, Washington and Oregon, including the overall at the Emerald in 2006 and two top 5 finishes in the Team Universe(2002 &2003). He has come a long way and has a lot of good years ahead of him.

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 160
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 183
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 181
he looks good man.. great hams too..

Staff online