over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Use vs abuse

Getnbiggger

Featured Member
Featured Member
Registered
I often ponder in light of my own use and now particularly in light of Dallas's released autopsy results, where and what is the line between use and abuse? Sure those guys who compete for a living might argue that their protocols are necessary but does that not cross the line from use to abuse. Clearly if guys who don't do this for a living are using these amounts it would be abuse? Or would it? At some point I do draw the line but am I still abusing? Curious what others think?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Best advice I can give is the following:

Do not go in blind with anabolic and peptide use. Buy a blood pressure monitor, buy ancillaries, buy health supplements, natural whole foods, etc. Do research on what is healthy and how to counteract the dangers of these drugs. Check BP and resting heart rate on cycle/blast. Get bloodwork a couple of times a year and ask for specific blood tests the doctor won't test before going in (CRP, homocysteine, fibrinogen, GGT, A1C, Lpa, etc.). Donate blood if hematocrit/hemoglobin gets high. If things are off, you're taking too much.

I'd say abuse is reached when, despite the use of recommended health supplements that show clear health benefits and moderately dosed ancillaries, a person is still taking amounts(or compounds) that clearly show negative trends in their health markers from blood work. It's surely a sliding scale from one person to the next.
Taking all the precautions that nothuman suggests should really give a clear picture into what continues to negatively effect an individual. From there, the choice is one way or the other....and to how far a person wants to swing that pendulum

use vs. abuse

it's to be determined on a case by case basis IMO.

some guys may get a boat load of side effects at 300mg of test..

some guys may not get any real side effects from 800-1000mg

evaluate your body with the proper blood tests and scans regularly, and make a determination.

here we go!!!

you either grow on light AAS or go pre-contest low, one of the other. For people that arent stage athletes or PL'ers that means not ever blasting super hard and making sure you're cruising at least some.

Last edited:
This is the question that just can't be answered because there are so many opinions on what constitutes abuse and what constitutes use. Some also think if you don't compete you shouldn't use at all. There are so many variables to this.

EVERYONE PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD POLITE! You can disagree but just keep it civil.

I ran AAS years ago. Was having some prob with sides so I stopped.

Now I just run cycles of hgh 6iu ED for 10 months at a time with 2-3 weeks break a year.

Is that Use or Abuse?

Abuse would probably be using a product in spite of having negative side effects. Or not even checking to see if there are negative side effects and continuing to use anyway.

I ran AAS years ago. Was having some prob with sides so I stopped.

Now I just run cycles of hgh 6iu ED for 10 months at a time with 2-3 weeks break a year.

Is that Use or Abuse?

I dont think u r abusing now. Also, Curious to know what were you using and what sides made you quit AAS years ago?:rolleyes:

Abuse would probably be using a product in spite of having negative side effects. Or not even checking to see if there are negative side effects and continuing to use anyway.

Definitely think there’s different scenarios that would push you to the abuse side, negative health being the main. But others might be becoming almost dependent on the gear to workout or constantly making excuses to blast or extending your blast time for not being where you want to be at the end of a blast I know I’ve been guilty of that. Or if you start having to convince yourself what your doing isn’t that bad for you your probably abusing

Drug abuse started with your first injection lol accept it, take responsibility! Ask this question about any other drug and USE is ABUSE if it's not medically scripted for you to use it. How much is too much abuse? Well if this was heroin, just don't overdose bro. A little crack or heroin would still be drug abuse right? Think about it. So why would this be any different? Once people man up and accept the fact they are drug abusers, then they can start to take responsibility and figure out if they want to take the risks or not. Instead we are always trying to justify drug use which in turn is just another way of brushing off the risks and taking no responsibility for what we are doing to ourselves.

I worry a lot about my own use; even with bloodwork.

How is bloodwork showing me in relation to how certain compounds are adversely affecting me? I like NPP, run it at 300-500 mgs a week; no bloodwork is showing the damage I'm accumulating to the blood vessels. What about androgen induced stenosis? Can't see plaque build up too.

You like tren? What long term damage is it doing neurologically? I got no clue.

In case some of you guys missed gotgame's post on this. He posted bloodwork of his friend using an oral with testosterone; it took a few weeks for the HDL to be completely decimated; and the HDL DID NOT recover back to it's preferred range because he still running testosterone (600 mgs I think, which isn't a nutty dose). So in conclusion; a vast portion of the year was spent with compromised HDL which is a great indicator of plaque build up.

Dallas had thyroid cancer; which would have been diagnosed later on and might have been fatal even if he didn't have the heart issues that took his life. How many of us use GH here, and yo yo up and down on the doses without thinking too much.

Seems like GH, and testosterone is the way to go if you want to do this in as much safe manner as you can. Dante that old kook has been saying this for years.

Nobody ever did, or ever will, escape the consequences of his choices ~Alfred Montapert.

The question is; what consequences will each of us suffer from.

Edit: I'd like to add that I wouldn't trade this lifestyle for anything else. Yes we take steroids, and yes it's an adult decision we make for own life. But it doesn't mean it's a dark, destructive road; being smart, and doing the necessary things to keep your health in line will still yield a good long quality of life for most people. I'd rather knock off the extra 5 years for being jacked the rest of my life anyway :D

Last edited:
There is no "answer".....it's your life, live it, and be glad you actually have the opportunity to do so.

There is no "answer".....it's your life, live it, and be glad you actually have the opportunity to do so.

Agreed, as long as society does not have to deal with the consequences of those actions.

true.

but the question was 'when does steroid use become abuse', not 'at what point does this become immoral?'

Just a little rant..

The logic that its "ok for competitors to use" at abusive levels or not is flawed thinking. In my eyes they don't have any more right to use than anyone else. Just bc they make money from it, there are plenty of other jobs they could do which are far safer.

They only got to that Level By Abusing...
Then abuse more and different compounds to get to the Next level.
Not to mention Food Abuse!
When your all said and Done, Use just enough to maintain.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131